Gas mileage for a 2010 G6 GT w/ 3.5L V6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas mileage for a 2010 G6 GT w/ 3.5L V6

I am close to pulling the trigger on a 2010 G6 GT w/ the 3.5L V6. Gas mileage on the sticker is 22-city / 30-hiway. That translates to me as I should get 25mpg regularly on "normal" combined driving. However, I am hearing that people are actually regularly not getting anything close to 25mpg.

What is your experience? Can I realistically expect 25mpg on regular gas?

Re: Gas mileage for a 2010 G6 GT w/ 3.5L V6

oh woow.. sticker is that low? I have an 05 GT with a 3.5L i get 32-34 on the highway and 22-26 in town depending on how 'spirited' i feel

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

I have the LZ4 engine like you do and I tend to get like 30-ish highway and 20-22 city. Sounds about right...although right now in Verrmont and New Hampshire with so much snow on the ground and winter tires and the gas change I am averaging only about 20.

Comment

they are thirsty, my computer is showing 12.1L per 100km, you figure out the conversion im too lazy, plus i put my foot into it alot, it's doing basically city driving now, on the highway it drops down to 8.5-9L per 100km
        09 GT Coupe in Techno Grey, lowered on eibachs, debadged, duplicolor red calipers, Full CRABS setup, silver CRAB stickers in my coupe windows +20HP G6Performance.com decals ,carbon fibre inlays

Comment

I'm getting 23 city and 30 highway and I drive a 2006 GT.

Comment

Anyone with an 05 or 06 GT can't really compare. the Lx9 gets a bit better mpg. I have an 07 GT with the Lz4 just like the 2010. I have seen as much as 34 mpg on the highway, but that was doing exactly 65 with windows closed and no AC. Normal highway is around 29-31 unless you are in a hilly area or you like to go fast then you will be more like 27-28.

When I am going to school and driving on campus and in town a lot I get 22-23. Combined is usually right around 25ish give or take 1 mpg. Hope that helps.

ISimple Ipod adapter, Heat wrapped Injen, CRABs Option 3, ?% Tint, 6000K HIDs,GT-R, Tinted Tails, Rear badge delete, Plastidiped grills and front dart, Brembos, Pulse p5 17"s, racingline MMIs

Comment

At one point, when I had 235/45R18's on the front's only and 235/40's in the rear, stock wheels were 215/60R16's, I was getting 34-36 on the freeway from Sacramento to San Diego, and the speeds were normally, 5mph over the posted speed limit. During the winter you'd expect to have lower mph, cause the colder weather(I THINK) causes more consumption of fuel, to make the detonation....so winter would cause a lower mpg issue and summer might have better, if not too hot and you're running the AC. Now if I'm wrong about the gas consumption and how the temperature effects it, please correct me, but I'll tell you this, It's winter and weather is down below 50 most of the time here in Sacramento and MY gas mileage sucks, filling up every 5-6 days, and gas isn't getting any cheaper! Cost me $50 to fill up two nights ago.

Also with the 2009's, I have a readout on the DIC, Instant MPG, and it's very usefull with helping me keep my foot out of the gas, too.

Hope this helps out a little bit.
              "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

I am shocked at the MPG alot of you are getting in the 07+ 3500s

There based off of the 3900 and when we discused the 3900 MPG a few years ago from I remember the 3900 isnt fuel effectient at all. Only people really getting 26 MPH (which is the hwy number) was people driving all day on the highway.

Now the 05-06 3500 I can see tipping out at 30 MPG because there based off of the 3400. The 3400 wasnt an exciting engine but on the open road it could put out DOHC numbers on MPG which pushrods have a hard time doing.

I would expect most 07+ 3500s to get better then 21-22 city and 26-27 hwy.

Also are all of you going just buy you DIC? Or are you conferming the numbers on paper gallons divided by miles? I know my DIC isnt acurate. Mine never has been most times its close but almost always off 1 MPG. A few times mine was off like 3 mpg.
                2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                Gotta have it Green color
                Brembo brake package
                420 HP 5.0L
                Ford Racing Power Pack
                GT500 track pack differential cover
                BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

My DIC is always wrong, always is 1 MPG better than actual.

ISimple Ipod adapter, Heat wrapped Injen, CRABs Option 3, ?% Tint, 6000K HIDs,GT-R, Tinted Tails, Rear badge delete, Plastidiped grills and front dart, Brembos, Pulse p5 17"s, racingline MMIs

Comment

I consistently average 18 mpg city on my 07 base V6.

Comment

I have a 07 base v6 and i get about 22 or so that an average between both highway and city
                      07 V6 Red on Black right now Red on Chrome in the summer

Comment

going 65 windows up ac on i get a solid 34.6. city i turn my DIC off as i really do not want to know.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

25-26 mpg in town 31-35 highway, 08 3.5

2008 G6 SE --------------1975 TA

2008 Pontiac G6

Comment

Working...
                          X