Tune Up Recommendations on 08 G6 GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tune Up Recommendations on 08 G6 GT

Bout to tune up the sixer, was going to change plugs, tranny fluid, front brake pads, oil and check all the wires. Car is around 66,000 miles.

I have been searching on the tranny fluid change and cannot find much. Was thinking of using Mobil 1 DEX/MERC or Royal Purple ATF. I am mechanically inclined and am looking for pointers from people who HAVE done the job themselves. Are most people changing filters as well and what is the process?

Was also thinking of going with autolite double platinum plugs, I run iridiums on my other vehicle and was wondering what alot of guys are using.

Don't need any advice about the oil.

Also dont see a point in changing the belt unless it shows any wear and if so any advice is appreciated.

thanks in advance
    V.M.S. 93 Stealth ECM/TCM....
    Red Duplicolor calipers...
    Royal Purple 5W30..
    Crab Cab 04.

Re: Tune Up Recommendations on 08 G6 GT

drop the tranny pan, change the filter, you cant miss it, make sure you get a new gasket b4 you drop it, might as well do it right, hope this helps
    09 GT Coupe in Techno Grey, lowered on eibachs, debadged, duplicolor red calipers, Full CRABS setup, silver CRAB stickers in my coupe windows +20HP G6Performance.com decals ,carbon fibre inlays

Comment

thanks jeffjr, definitely helps.. anyone have anything else for me??
      V.M.S. 93 Stealth ECM/TCM....
      Red Duplicolor calipers...
      Royal Purple 5W30..
      Crab Cab 04.

Comment

i would recoommend Delco plugs instead of sutolights. Gm cars like GM plugs more then they like anything else. same with Fords. if seen both of those do weird things using non OE spark plugs

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
        Originally posted by snowmanG6
        you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Working...
        X