Eagle Eyes Dual CCFL Halo Projector Headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eagle Eyes Dual CCFL Halo Projector Headlights

Well then instead can we get a picture of the cutoff with the halogens? I'm really, really, curious

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

I have been thinking about getting a set of these for a while now. Right after reading this my left stock light quit working. I took that as a sign and ordered a set in black for my G6. They should be here Friday. I can't wait. Thanks for the review. I will let you know how they work out and might post a pic or two to show the same ones in black on another blue G6.

Comment

Ah now re-reading this thanks to Elky's BUMP I see that the lower screw works off the "stock" one that you use the allen wrench on? I was thinking that that was a separate adjuster for side to side. Now I get it - only took me 2 weeks
        CRABs, STBs, Uppers, Loud Noises Coming Out The Back End

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822

sigpic

Comment

Cant wait to see the black on blue....
          Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
          Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
          WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Mine just came in. I only had my IPhone on hand so these are not great pics. I will get better ones up soon. UPS dropped them off at 5:30. By 6:00 I started putting them on. At 6:30 I was done. I did not have to drill on mine but I will take a closer look tomorrow to see if I need to pull them and drill but I don't think I will.

Again, sorry about the quality but here is what I have for right now. I will see if my other camera will take better pictures.

This image is also a YouTube Video if you click on it.

Edit: BTW my G6 is a bone stock '07. This is the first thing I have done to it. Trying to talk the wife into a ram air hood next but she is not having any part of that right now. lol

Comment

Ya know...I'll try to get an underhood pic of my GXP with these--because I had no screw issues. I think maybe the 2k8's+ had the frame behind them hollowed out for the lights...maybe.

I'll also try to get a picture of my light cutoff since I'm still halogen.

As for my review--it's in the Big thread here: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...=19254&page=24
              "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
              ~~GWAR's description of Hell
              Skaði: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

here are a couple of pictures in the day light. my car is really dirty because of all the sand on the road right now. hard to keep it clean.

Really glad I got black. they look great. I think I may end up needing to drill the holes behind them because I still need to adjust the lights but they are pretty close right now. hopefully I will be able to in the next few days.

Comment

As promised:
                  http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1324763189
                  http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1324763189

The cutoff pattern with halogens

Comment

Originally posted by LordKOTL View Post
                    I'm actually impressed with the cutoff ... bet it goes to shit with HID though.

Hopefully not
                    sigpic

Comment

i don't see why it would. the cutoff is a solid piece of metal inside of the projectors.

I think someone already did HID with these. I'll leave that answer up to them. Personally, I'm just glad I have lights that don't leak...Yet...

Comment

HID's are meant for Projectors...

My Progression---------------------Crimson Crusade---------------------Why Do I Run?
                        Originally posted by wzbhnn
                        We all like different looks, that's why we mod!!

Comment

Looks great !
                          2009.5, Solstice rims, Debadged, Black overlays, Tint all around, GXP Hood, Custom Fog light bezel.
                          My progression page check it out http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=16474

Comment

Originally posted by LordKOTL View Post
                            i don't see why it would. the cutoff is a solid piece of metal inside of the projectors.

I think someone already did HID with these. I'll leave that answer up to them. Personally, I'm just glad I have lights that don't leak...Yet...
                            The HID arc is quite a different shape than the halogen filament it. That causes distortion in halogen projectors. If you take the same headlights with halogen and HID you will get 2 VERY different beam patterns out of them.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 06 6SPD View Post
                              The HID arc is quite a different shape than the halogen filament it. That causes distortion in halogen projectors. If you take the same headlights with halogen and HID you will get 2 VERY different beam patterns out of them.
                              disagree. my GTO headlights looked EXACTLY the same from the stock bulbs to 55watt HIDS
                              sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP View Post
                                disagree. my GTO headlights looked EXACTLY the same from the stock bulbs to 55watt HIDS
                                I have done many hids, projectors and all, same pattern, if you don't put them in right, or have the wrong bulb then yes the pattern will be different because it isn't sitting correctly in the housing.
                                2007 Pontiac GTP...8000k HID's Low Bean...3000k HID's Fogs...Crab Intake...Custom LEDs ...Tint...Drilled and Slotted Rotors...Recessed Upper and Lower Grilles...Eagle Eye Headlights...Tinted Tails

Comment

Working...
                                X