Ease of Installation: 10
    Installation time: 10 minutes
    Recommend?: Yes

Pros:
    - Tighter steering
    - More control over car
    - Even wearing of front suspension

Cons:
    - None (this item should have been factory, or at least for the GT's)

Additional info/Overall Impression:
    The difference is not mind blowing, but it is definitely worth the money. The steering is tighter and lets you have more control over the car.
    2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
    GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
    Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

sigpic

Re: Review: Racingline Strut Bar

Comment

worth the money for sure.
      Visual Mods: Back half 5% tint, Front half 15% tint, Eyebrow 5% tint, Windshield 35% tint, Rain guards, Debadged, Arrowhead overlays, Painted engine covers, LED tails, 6K Lows, 8K Highs, 6K Fogs Painted grilles, Painted window trim

Performance Mods: CRAB intake, 18" Toyo Extensa x 4, RacingLine STB, RacingLine Grounding Kit

Audio Mods: Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P5100DVD, Front Speakers: Memphis 6 1/4, Rear Speakers: Memphis 6 x 9, Subwoofers: Kenwood KFC-W3012 12" x 2, Amp: Kenwood KAC-8105D 500W

Progression Thread -
      http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18428

Comment

Pictures:

2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,

sigpic

Comment

So for the very few people who reviewed this item, it is totally worth the money. Because i have had my eye on this since i bought the 6 back in August and now i have Christmas money and was going to buy this for my first mod. Do you think this is a good first mod and also do you think its worth the money, like does it do the job that everyone claims it does. Thanks for any help, just don't want to waste my money

Comment

okay i dont understand these strut bars.....how can they do what they are claimed to do....Im not bad mouthing them im just asking how they work....i dont understand how a simple bar across the enging can give you tighter steering and better handling....like i said not bad mouthing just wondering....
            Logan Campbell

Mods:
            100 Watt P.A. System, Under Dash Lights, Glasspack Exhaust, LED Tails, Sony Xplod 12" Sub, Pioneer 760 Watt Amp, Red Dome Light, Painted Engine Cover, Debadged, Front Grilles and Pontiac Logo Black, Spectre Cone Filter, Removed Intake Resonator, LED Light-Up Grilles

Future:
            GTP Rear Valance, Dual Exhaust Conversion, Custom Rims, Painted Calipers, Painted Side Mirrors

sigpic

Comment

Two words: less flex

OK two words and one smiley...
              CRABs, STBs, Uppers, Loud Noises Coming Out The Back End

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822

sigpic

Comment

As the car age, a strut bar will prevent body flex and upset the car's suspension and steering geometry. You will notice the difference when the car is old. You should not notice much difference when the car is new. If you do notice a big difference, then the car is poorly engineered and poorly made.

Comment

Strut bars are nice investment especially for our price ($100). For cars who don't have performance or sport suspension the strut bar works, but if you ride in a corvette or bimmer then the strut bar is a waste of money. Basically, our suspension is mediocre so we need aftermarket help to stiffen it.
                  2006 Pontiac G6 GT

sigpic

Comment

If you drive into corners way to too fast for the amount of suspension you have and can feel the body roll for three corners after a strut bar will help. The G6 is based on a sedan suspension, so the body roll/ dive is evident in cornering. This adds stiffness to the front and instead of trying to pull down one corner of the car it is trying to pull the whole front end down.
                    Last edited by BobcatG6; 12-31-2010, 02:30 PM.

Comment

ok thanks
                      i understand a little better now.
                      Might have to add one to my list of future mods!
                      Logan Campbell

Mods:
                      100 Watt P.A. System, Under Dash Lights, Glasspack Exhaust, LED Tails, Sony Xplod 12" Sub, Pioneer 760 Watt Amp, Red Dome Light, Painted Engine Cover, Debadged, Front Grilles and Pontiac Logo Black, Spectre Cone Filter, Removed Intake Resonator, LED Light-Up Grilles

Future:
                      GTP Rear Valance, Dual Exhaust Conversion, Custom Rims, Painted Calipers, Painted Side Mirrors

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the advice... it now confirms that this is a good first mod for my 6 and worth the money...

Comment

i have basically 0 body roll thanks to the eibachs, but im gonna get a bar for the looks, too bad they didn't come anodized in different colors
                          09 GT Coupe in Techno Grey, lowered on eibachs, debadged, duplicolor red calipers, Full CRABS setup, silver CRAB stickers in my coupe windows +20HP G6Performance.com decals ,carbon fibre inlays

Comment

anodized is big dollars :-) my ower of my shop does it. It cost like $100 for min. weight
                            GMPP Cat-Back Exhaust, MMS Headers, 3" DP with Electric cutout, Full CRAB Intake, RacingLine Street Motor Mounts, NRG Engine Damper, RacingLine Strut Tower Bar, Vector 91 ECM/TCM Tune/HSRK, R1Concept Brakes, HAWK Ceramic Pads, DW's 245/45/18 with TC Wheels, Poly. Sway Bar Bushings, 6000K HID's Lows & Fogs 35watts & 55watts 6,000K Hi-beams

Future: Slicks for the track & Maybe alittle Nitrous

Comment

100 bucks to anodize the bar red? im in
                              09 GT Coupe in Techno Grey, lowered on eibachs, debadged, duplicolor red calipers, Full CRABS setup, silver CRAB stickers in my coupe windows +20HP G6Performance.com decals ,carbon fibre inlays

Comment

Working...
                              X