Pros:
    - Cables were sturdy and well built
    - Color matching
    - Optional alternator cable

Cons:
    - Installation was more difficult than I thought
    - Battery posts need extension bolts

Additional info/Overall Impression:

The grounding kit cut down on my audio noise in my aftermarket sound system and hopefully provides a better operating environment for my electrical system. I had to cut two feet off the alternator cable and improvise the included ground points. The kit in primarily made for the 07 3.5L and is compatible with others.

Instructions are vague if you don't understand where the picture is taken and the video made by Bam helps a lot.
    2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
    GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
    Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

sigpic

Re: Review: Racingline Grounding Kit

I had a problem with my battery ground as well. I switching that wire with another one of the longer ones, and having to slice into the side of the rubber seal and shave a portion off.

Comment

No problem with my battery ground. Maybe i put it in a different spot. But overall the kit was a good addition, had a little trouble with the install but Im not extremely knowledgable with the engine components.
      Visual Mods: Back half 5% tint, Front half 15% tint, Eyebrow 5% tint, Windshield 35% tint, Rain guards, Debadged, Arrowhead overlays, Painted engine covers, LED tails, 6K Lows, 8K Highs, 6K Fogs Painted grilles, Painted window trim

Performance Mods: CRAB intake, 18" Toyo Extensa x 4, RacingLine STB, RacingLine Grounding Kit

Audio Mods: Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P5100DVD, Front Speakers: Memphis 6 1/4, Rear Speakers: Memphis 6 x 9, Subwoofers: Kenwood KFC-W3012 12" x 2, Amp: Kenwood KAC-8105D 500W

Progression Thread -
      http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18428

Comment

Picture:
        2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
        GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
        Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

sigpic

Comment

Thought I'd bring my other post and double post it here, hope this helps others see the need for the Grounding Kit, along with the MMI's.

Since I've had my recent troubles with a major ground wire, I would like to let everyone know, my thoughts......

I SEE A MAJOR NEED, IN THE G6, FOR THE RACINGLINE GROUNDING KIT & MOTOR MOUNT INSERTS, AND HOW IT COULD HAVE HELPED ME OUT!

Recently I had a major failure in my electrical system. The main ground wire from the battery terminal, which connects directly to the engine block, had severed due to some ungodly reason and my car flipped out! Two day's went by and nothing, couldn't find any reason for any failure and no check engine light. In the dark, while waiting for the tow truck to take me to the dealership, as I figured I had a real problem, we found a spark at the engine and Paul(roommate) said he found it! The ground wire that goes directly from the battery to the engine block had snapped, most likely due to engine heat and movement, from the engine.

After all was said and done, I've had some time to reflect on the issue and how it could have been avoided, and maybe even helped me out, in the long run.

See the grounding kit, actually helps the engine stay grounded to the vehicle, using additional ground wires, that GM/Pontiac, possibly overlooked. If I'd have had the Racingline Grounding Kit & MMI's installed, I think my issue would have never come up, and I wouldn't have had the "confusing and horrific" worry fest I had earlier this winter, when that main ground wire did snap. I realize that the ground kit would have kept a bit of the load off the wire directly from the battery to the engine. Had the MMI's been installed, I think the amount of play that the wire had in it, would have been greatly reduced, and I wouldn't have ever been worried about it. Of course, I also wonder, what if I had the kit installed and the wire had snapped, too? I'm sure I'd have noticed a bit of a problem, sure, but the car would have been safe to use and eventually I would have caught the severed ground wire, and repaired it as necessary, during normal inspection of things under the hood.

So I guess I'm giving the Racingline Grounding Kit and MMI's my full support. If you've ever got any reason to know what it is useful for, just read this post again! Any time you have a loose ground, it could mean you've got some un-necessary movement/vibration that's causing the mishap, no one likes it, but it's gonna happen. So make sure all those bolts and nuts are tightened, and by all means, YES, get the Racingline Grounding Kit and MMI's, you'll thank yourself for doing both! Thanks Racingline, you've got a trusted client, I know now why you're product works and what it's for!
          "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

alternator cable: yes or no?

Do this really help for Mileage and engine performance?

Will it really help with better shifting. If so, why?
            Performance: WAMS, K&N 69 Series CAI, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust built with a Camaro SS Muffler and Glasspack with 4 inch double-wall stainless steel tips, Thunderbolt 8.2mm High-Performance Spark Plug Wires, NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs, Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic, Resonator Delete, Racingline Motor Mount Inserts, Racingline Grounding kit. (4 additional grounds from battery to front bumper for DDM tuning HIDS)

Handling: Moog Front Control Arms and Toe Ends, Racingline STB, Koni Yellow "4 Point" Suspension -Front to Rear- , Energy Suspension Poly Front Sway Bar bushings, Energy Suspension Tie-rod bushings, Energy Suspension Front Control Arm replacement mounts, Eibach Pro-kit springs, BMD Front Endlinks, Genuine Saab .9mm Rear Chamber Shims, 19mm Motorsports spacers on all 4 tires.

Stopping: Cobalt SS Front Brembo's, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted Front Rotors, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted and Drilled rear Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid, BMD Steel Braided Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires.

Appearance: Revotec Eagle Eye CCFL Projectors, Red Calibers, 6000k 35w DDM fogs, 6000k 55w DDM lows, LED Taillights, DDM Tuning LED Switchback Turn Signals, Konig Crown 17x7.5 Rims. 30% tint in front windows, rear windows @ 15% tint

Safety & Security: Cobra XRS 9470 Radar Detector, Experimental 2mm rear mounted camera with Bluetooth connectivity to my phone, GOSHERS Universal Blind Spot Detection System w/ LED Indicators, Waze GPS App with a windshield mount for early warning for police coupled with Radar Detector (double-whammy).

Experimental: BG 44k, BG MOA, BG ATC, Custom Transmission Cooler, Super Secret Flux-capacitor transporter, Header reflective wrap, CAI 2000 degree radiant reflective wrap.

Progression: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22823

Comment

The product you receive is exactly what is shown. Quality wiring with connectors and wiring diagram. The instructions could be a little clearer. If you're convinced you need this its a good kit. I didn't notice any improvements so I removed it. Also if you use the extra power wire to the alternator make sure to replace the alternator boot securely.

Comment

Originally posted by SanduskyG6 View Post
                The product you receive is exactly what is shown. Quality wiring with connectors and wiring diagram. The instructions could be a little clearer. If you're convinced you need this its a good kit. I didn't notice any improvements so I removed it. Also if you use the extra power wire to the alternator make sure to replace the alternator boot securely.
                are you trying to find threads that have been dead for years to dig up and boost a post count?

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

Originally posted by SanduskyG6 View Post
                  Ironically there is gains with these grounding wires. Don't expect 20 ponies, if you go into it with this thought that's fail upon itself.

The grounding kit works for me to get better mpg on-top of all of the other mods as-well as allowed for better grounding on the entire frame which is very critical for HID's and LED lights. It also allows the transmission to shift better with is highly dependent on a proper ground.

Please do your research before inputting on a topic that does have it's proven benefits.
                  Performance: WAMS, K&N 69 Series CAI, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust built with a Camaro SS Muffler and Glasspack with 4 inch double-wall stainless steel tips, Thunderbolt 8.2mm High-Performance Spark Plug Wires, NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs, Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic, Resonator Delete, Racingline Motor Mount Inserts, Racingline Grounding kit. (4 additional grounds from battery to front bumper for DDM tuning HIDS)

Handling: Moog Front Control Arms and Toe Ends, Racingline STB, Koni Yellow "4 Point" Suspension -Front to Rear- , Energy Suspension Poly Front Sway Bar bushings, Energy Suspension Tie-rod bushings, Energy Suspension Front Control Arm replacement mounts, Eibach Pro-kit springs, BMD Front Endlinks, Genuine Saab .9mm Rear Chamber Shims, 19mm Motorsports spacers on all 4 tires.

Stopping: Cobalt SS Front Brembo's, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted Front Rotors, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted and Drilled rear Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid, BMD Steel Braided Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires.

Appearance: Revotec Eagle Eye CCFL Projectors, Red Calibers, 6000k 35w DDM fogs, 6000k 55w DDM lows, LED Taillights, DDM Tuning LED Switchback Turn Signals, Konig Crown 17x7.5 Rims. 30% tint in front windows, rear windows @ 15% tint

Safety & Security: Cobra XRS 9470 Radar Detector, Experimental 2mm rear mounted camera with Bluetooth connectivity to my phone, GOSHERS Universal Blind Spot Detection System w/ LED Indicators, Waze GPS App with a windshield mount for early warning for police coupled with Radar Detector (double-whammy).

Experimental: BG 44k, BG MOA, BG ATC, Custom Transmission Cooler, Super Secret Flux-capacitor transporter, Header reflective wrap, CAI 2000 degree radiant reflective wrap.

Progression: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22823

Comment

Working...
                  X