Oil Change Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Change Dilemma

So I had the dealer change the oil last Thursday...

In the year I've owned the 6 they have changed the oil, with no you need this list of things done and so I continue to have them do the maintenance. So my father out of the blue checks the car Saturday and he swears they put to much oil in, about a quart. I called the service dept. this morning, they pulled the service reciept and all looks fine. The maintenance was done, oil and filter change all fluids topped off and a computer program will only allow for the correct amount of oil, so all should be fine. If I want to take it in sometime this week I can, he said that much with a chuckle. Not sure if the chuckle was due to the fact I'm of the other gender or not.

So what should I do?

Re: Oil Change Dilemma

well first i doubt they have a ciomputer program that will only let them put in the correct amount of oil. they may but i doubt it. if your worried about it i would take it back and have them double check it

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

So I had it checked...they said a half a quart if that and not to worry about it.

Comment

I'm pretty much an embarrassment to MY gender when it comes to mechanical things, but I would say you could check for yourself by taking out the dipstick, wiping it clean, then checking to see how high the oil is. If it's a significant amount above the FULL line, then your dad is in fact correct
        CRABs, STBs, Uppers, Loud Noises Coming Out The Back End

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822

sigpic

Comment

Ha makes you wonder about their "computer programmed" dispenser then

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822

sigpic

Comment

They must have meant some program they pull up that tells them how many quarts and stuff that specific car needs by VIN # or something..

How much does the G6 take? If it's a whatever and a HALF gallons, could be they used the entire container rather than just half by accident.
            2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
            Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
            Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
            2005 CGM GTO.
            386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
            2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

4 quarts, which is lower than most cars. I was figuring it took 5 and bought 6 "just in case" when I made the Herculean effort of doing the 1,000 mile change myself because the dealer was backed up and couldn't do it until 3 weeks later , then came to find out it only takes 4. So I've still got the other 2 sitting in the garage

sigpic

Comment

some take 4.5 though

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                Originally posted by snowmanG6
                you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

the 3.6 in my GXP takes a full 5qt jug after putting a "little" bit of it in the oil filter and comes out perfect on the dipstick...

Comment

I believe the lz4 takes 4.3 quarts. So i just use 4.5. My 3100 GP was the same.

ISimple Ipod adapter, Heat wrapped Injen, CRABs Option 3, ?% Tint, 6000K HIDs,GT-R, Tinted Tails, Rear badge delete, Plastidiped grills and front dart, Brembos, Pulse p5 17"s, racingline MMIs

Comment

2005-2006 LX9 -PF 47 Filter 3.8L Or 4.0 Qts Oil.
                      2007-2009 LZ4/LZ9 -PF61 Filter 3.8L Or 4.0 Qts Oil.
                      2007-2009 LY7- PF48 Filter 5.2L Or 5.5 Qts Oil.
                      2006-2009 LE5 PF457 Filter 4.8l Or 5 Qts Oil.

2007 G6 SE,3500VVT V6,35/20% tint, 8000K HID's, G5 GT Chrome Tailpipe Tip, Pioneer AVIC F7010BT,Infinity 9632CF 6X9's, Energy 6.5 Components, Tinted Plate Cover.

Comment

Working...
                      X