Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is/are your ultimate goal(s) with your G6?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is/are your ultimate goal(s) with your G6?

KMan kind of got this rolling around in my head with his signature.

Basically what are your goals with you care before you sell it, wreck it, or whatever. This can be anything including making it fuzzy and pink.

Try to stay on topic!

My first step with a car is always fixing what I think the factory forgot. With that I do intake, exhaust, and misc. On this car it turned out to be hood struts. I would like to paint the mirrors, new wheels, sound system. As for hardcore performance, yes on handling, probably not on power.

John
    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

My main goal for any vehicle i purchase, including the the 6 is.... Make it my own! I thoroughly enjoy sitting at an intersection and seeing people drive by/ walk by and admire my car and what i have done to it. I have always been a bass head and that is usually the first upgrade (stereo). I like the look and handling of a lowered car and you cant beat a good sounding exhaust! But like i said, i like to make my stock car, my own!
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

My goal is just to enjoy the car. I don't care too much about if my car looks like someone else's, but I try to do things that make my car better, to me. This includes performance and appearance.

Strangely enough, the only things I really modified on my past cars were the stereos...no performance or appearance parts other than window tint. On the G6, I haven't touched the stereo...

Comment

The G6 is another step up in payment, to get me closer to my Porsche. Every car will be gradually more expensive.

My goal with the G6, is exhaust, lowered, tinted and intake. Rims are last on the list. Balanced.

If this car doesn't make it, the next one might.
        BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
        ^ The Man
        v The Legend

Comment

Performance/handling/appearance without ricing it.

Preferably, I'd like to upgrade my intake/exhaust, possibly some other engine work, reflash, 30% tint (F*ck you, NJ laws, I spit on thee), and possibly lower it.

Other than that, just keep my black paint nice and shiny

The sedan version of the GTP is just generic enough to be overlooked with a quick glance, but aggressive enough to create an "Oh shit!" reaction upon second look. With said performance upgrades, we're talking major sleeper

And if I have some extra money and the aftermarket takes off....supercharger

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
          - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
          - DS S3 Intake
          - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Have it running 12s. I'll settle for deep 13's though
            2006 G6 GTP Coupe
            :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
            :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
            :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Originally posted by G6Performance
              Have it running 12s. I'll settle for deep 13's though
              how about not wrecking it?
              -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
              Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

where's the fun in that Mike? seriously...

2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Comment

I just been trying to make the car suited to me more. Alot more personalized for what I like and trying to keep the rice factor down a bit. Trying to make the g6 all it can be and more is my goal lol.

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

My goal?

Not having it in the shop at least once a month.
                      Originally posted by Kman
                      'Ghetto Booty' + Jules = My, My ,My

Comment

My car has a few stages to go through. My first top goal is, that it is mine. Performance, ect ect is all secondary. Knowing I have a pretty fast car stock, looks very good, and for 22yrs old and mine is loaded with all the nice luxtry such as leather heated seats and best radio package means alot to me. I call my car the "blue panther" becuase its stealth like and powerful enough to handle, reminds me of a panther lol. I have a 2stage plan for performance on my car.

Stage 1 (the first 3yrs) Like to tune up the performance from factory but not extrem. Like the ram air hood for looks and performance with the active air box, sloted rotors, trying out that MAF sensor from jet, few other minor things. Biggest thing is waitng for a PCM chip (if/when avalible) or a vector tune but that would be towards the end of the warrenty.

Stage 2 (When own the car in 4ish years)
                        Option 1:The two options is dont do anything and trade it in and get another car is 5yrs ish.

Option 2: If I keep it and still in love with it, I will pull the heads. Then will do head work, springs, valves, prot match air intake man with heads ect.

Altimate performance goal is high 13s maybe mid 13s.
                        But like I said in the begining none of that is important like knowing the car is mine and I afforded it all myself with all the options I want in it.
                        2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                        Gotta have it Green color
                        Brembo brake package
                        420 HP 5.0L
                        Ford Racing Power Pack
                        GT500 track pack differential cover
                        BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Maybe just a body kit (other than the Razzi), and exhaust. Since I'm on a smartbuy I don't wanna do anything too permanent since I may get rid of it at the end..not sure yet though, it depends on my financial situation.
                          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Well the car isnt being touched until the beginning of next summer for sure. I'd like to get back into a truck. I originally was going to get a RCSB silverado, which depending on my mood I regret. But anyways...

Concrete plans:
                            1. Install my sound system. Alpine 9813, infinity perfects, infinity 4-channel and sub amp, and 12" L5.
                            2. Tint
                            3. Black out headlights
                            4. Black pontiac logo overlay things
                            5. Exhaust
                            6. CAI
                            7. Strut bar

Possible plans:
                            1. Those new grills surrounds, black. I really like these, but its under possible because paying 170$ for those is stupid IMO
                            2. New rims/tires. Maybe get them powder coated black
                            3. If theres some type of supercharger/turbo kit and its not going to make my car explode, then that.
                            4. Either Add another L5 and get a kicker 1000.1 OR get 2 CVX 12s and a kicker 1500.1
                            2007 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71 4x4

Comment

My goals with my G6.

1) Make her pretty
                              2) Use her to pick up chicks
                              3) Dump her when I get a 2009/2010 Camaro.

sigpic
                              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Working...
                              X