Intake Tuning Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake Tuning Valve

What exactly does this thing do? What happens if it doesn't work?

I was checking my electrical wiring today, turns out I mistaken the fuse for the ITV for the DRL fuse and accidentally removed it for some time.
    <-- Gray G6? Click!
    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Re: Intake Tuning Valve

intake tuning valve.....never heard of it--maybe another name for the throttle plate???
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Well today after driving again I do notice one thing: my rough idle problem seems to have gone. When my car is stand still and I throw it in Neutral, it'll periodically vibrate a bit. Now I don't notice it. Also seems like there's a slight improvement in torque.

So I guess it is something important. I also see there's a code for this valve for it but I'm surprised I didn't get a CEL.

And for those interested, it's fuse 45 under the hood. Fuse 46 is the DRL.
      <-- Gray G6? Click!
      2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.

Comment

here you go
        The intake manifold tuning (IMT) valve system uses variable air induction tuning in order to achieve maximum performance and efficiency over the entire operating range of the engine. The characteristic torque curve of a normally aspirated engine depends mainly on how the engines average pressure changes over the engine speed range. The average pressure is proportional to the volume of the air mass present in the cylinder when the inlet valve is closed. The design of the inlet system determines how large an air mass can be drawn into a cylinder at a given engine speed. An IMT valve is used to change the intake manifold plenum configuration. When the IMT valve is open, the intake manifold is configured to one large plenum. When the IMT valve is closed, the intake manifold is configured to 2 smaller plenums. The 2 intake manifold plenum sizes result in different torque curves, which improves performance at low and high engine speeds. During low speed, high load conditions the IMT valve is closed creating a longer runner path inside the plenum, which increases torque. During higher engine speeds and loads, the IMT valve opens creating a shorter runner path inside the plenum, which increases horsepower.

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
        Originally posted by snowmanG6
        you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

^in english please...

Progression Page - G6P Garage

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

it make more vroom vroom for the car

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
            you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn View Post
              it make more vroom vroom for the car
              Thanks for the clarification

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

lol any time

bascialy depending on engine RPM it can make the intake be just 1 large intake where air can go to both banks of teh engine at the same time or the valve closes and basicaly puts a divider down the middle essentialy making 2 smaller intakes 1 for each bank which makes more power

Comment

Hmm... which seems to explain why my car have lost torque lately. Makes sense.
                  <-- Gray G6? Click!

Comment

interesting, never heard of that nonsense before!
                    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

the 3.9 and 3.6 have it.........never knew the 3.5lx9 had it tho............

this is it circled in red on the 3.6

Comment

It's interesting, gives you the advantages of having both a dual and single plane intake in one unit.

Comment

I wonder in whaqt position would the valve be when removing the fuse... normally open (big intake, big torque) or closed (small intake, pig torque, some horsepower)

My former 240sx had something similar but for other purpose.... was called secondary butterflies and was used to indude swirl and promote combustion... but those where normally opened and where controller via vacumm and a solenoid.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartGTP View Post
                            I wonder in whaqt position would the valve be when removing the fuse... normally open (big intake, big torque) or closed (small intake, pig torque, some horsepower)

My former 240sx had something similar but for other purpose.... was called secondary butterflies and was used to indude swirl and promote combustion... but those where normally opened and where controller via vacumm and a solenoid.
                            those butterflies are absolute crap i made sure to buy an s14 intake manifold.

also with the fuse removed i believe it would be stuck closed.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Wouldnt it be stuck in what ever position it was in?

Comment

Working...
                              X