Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW style Projector headlights from Eagle Eyes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NEW style Projector headlights from Eagle Eyes.

edit: ill fix this asap
    Last edited by Graxall; 06-26-2011, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Pic not showing??
      sigpic
      MY PROGRESSION:
      http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20385

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

What size is the high beam bulb? any H1 bulb?
        The NEW G8 GXP progression build

Mrs Mancosman's midnight blue GXP build

My Progression The G6 Transformation! RIP

Comment

6k HID's ordered just now. I never fixed my pics, but I think im gonna get a car wash sometime this week so ill post after that :P

Comment

• Re: NEW style Projector headlights not spyders.

Got my EE lights couple weeks ago. First night i put em in i saw a huge difference between them and the spyders i had before. better projection better look, better fit, fast install, easy adjustment. id recommend them to anyone whos interested.......

My ONLY issue is this.....
            i had great weather the past two weeks and in the past couple of days the rain came rolling in. and now...

Condensation is a bit**. anyone have a solution to fixing this.. do i really have to take the lense off the housing and re-seal it??

Comment

DO NOT try to take them apart, especially if they are new, there should be some kind of warranty on them.
              Best thing to do would probably to contact the seller to see if they will ship you a new one.

Progression Page - G6P Garage

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

^ This
                The NEW G8 GXP progression build

Mrs Mancosman's midnight blue GXP build

My Progression The G6 Transformation! RIP

Comment

Yeah. Definitly contact the seller about that since that condensation is WAY too much.

With Eagle Eyes, the housing is not 100% sealed. The two rubber U-shaped thigies on the back of the lens in the corners are tiny weep holes, which won't allow water to get inside, but attempt to equalize the pressure and the humidity of the air inside the lens assembly and outside. As such, any time you have a huge change in air pressure and a huge change in relative humidity--you'll get some very minor fogging, but it will clear up REALLY quick.

My suggestion to you is contact the seller about this. Hopefully they will work with you. Since I had massive issues with both my stockers and Spyders (standing water in the lens), what I did was test the seals: i used my thumb to cover both weepholes, and ran the edge of the lens assembly seal around in a deep pan of water and looked for water leakage (without sumberging the whole assembly or any of the associated electronics). First lens assembly I got leaked. Seller replaced. Next one worked like a charm.
                  "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
                  ~~GWAR's description of Hell
                  SkaĆ°i: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

So for anyone else that may have the issue the seller explained that I should take the dust caps and bulbs out, start the car up and run it for a bit. It should suck the moisture out. Haven't had the time but I definitely appreciate the feedback.
                    Side note: idk if all the bodies are the same but for my gtp I know that you can't just take the dust caps and bulbs out while the headlight is still mounted. Too tight of space. But I find that less of a problem than the issue at hand

Comment

That is why with all aftermarket headlights and taillights you should put silicone around the edges. Everytime I've bought either or I've had to do it or condensation would get in. You can also leave them out in the sun and that will dry them up as well, never heard of the 'turning the car on to suck it out' trick. Let us know how it works.
                      '08 G6 v6
                      '10 Ninja 250 SE

Comment

The problem with that is that it would void any warantee on them and the seller might not take them back. It's why I tested the seal in a large tub of water before I installed them and sent any defective ones back.
                        "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
                        ~~GWAR's description of Hell
                        SkaĆ°i: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

Originally posted by nautical7 View Post
                          That is why with all aftermarket headlights and taillights you should put silicone around the edges. Everytime I've bought either or I've had to do it or condensation would get in. You can also leave them out in the sun and that will dry them up as well, never heard of the 'turning the car on to suck it out' trick. Let us know how it works.
                          What edges are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by LordKOTL View Post
                            The problem with that is that it would void any warantee on them and the seller might not take them back. It's why I tested the seal in a large tub of water before I installed them and sent any defective ones back.
                            If you install the lights to make sure everything works, then seal them you should be fine. That's just the way I do it since if it did leak then I have the hassle of sending them back, waiting for a new set to arrive, install the new set and hope that pair doesn't leak now or down the road.

Originally posted by PontiacBixler View Post
                            What edges are you talking about?
                            I guess I should've said where the lens meets the housing. I put a layer of silicone there and let it dry.
                            '08 G6 v6
                            '10 Ninja 250 SE

Comment

Working...
                            X