Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Altered6 Progressions - Baer Cobalt 13" Brakes

Howdy Guy's!

This is my 6. Unfortunately I just recently purchased a digital camera. So what you see is a work already well under way rather than a step by step progression. Every change you see and that is listed in my signature was done under my ownership. The mods you don't see will be documented when the local weather improves and I have a chances to clean things back up to spec.

Made a road trip this past Spring to visit family and friends in the Kootenays. Took this photo op outside Osoyoos in a huge land development project.

This is my most recent mod. Baer 13" brakes for a Cobalt installed on my 6.

2009 Cobalt SS rear brake upgrade.

Last edited by Altered6; 07-03-2012, 04:20 AM.
    Current Mods
    245/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01 R, 245/45/17 Bridgestone Blizzak WS60, Eibach springs, Debadged, Recessed upper grills, GTP rear valance, GXP exhaust, Redline Tuning QuickLifts, K&N air filter, GMPP strut tower brace, Steering wheel stereo controls, Baer Cobalt 13" front brakes, Cobalt SS 11.75" rear brakes, Stainless steel braided brake lines front & rear, Leather steering wheel, Recessed lower grills, Leather shifter handle, Leather parking brake handle, Leather console lid cover, Volant intake, PIAA H9 & H11 Xtreme White Plus headlights & driving lights, 93 octane tuned ECM & TCM, Custom painted headlights, Motorsport Tech wheel adapters, C5 Corvette 17" x 8.5" wheels, Koni Sport struts and shocks, MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor plug wires, Racingline polyurethane motor mount inserts...
    Altered6 Progression Page

Re: Altered6 Progressions

I like recessed chrome grills.............
    reminds me of my G6...
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Thanks! GTO'S look sharp with recessed grills also.
      Current Mods
      245/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01 R, 245/45/17 Bridgestone Blizzak WS60, Eibach springs, Debadged, Recessed upper grills, GTP rear valance, GXP exhaust, Redline Tuning QuickLifts, K&N air filter, GMPP strut tower brace, Steering wheel stereo controls, Baer Cobalt 13" front brakes, Cobalt SS 11.75" rear brakes, Stainless steel braided brake lines front & rear, Leather steering wheel, Recessed lower grills, Leather shifter handle, Leather parking brake handle, Leather console lid cover, Volant intake, PIAA H9 & H11 Xtreme White Plus headlights & driving lights, 93 octane tuned ECM & TCM, Custom painted headlights, Motorsport Tech wheel adapters, C5 Corvette 17" x 8.5" wheels, Koni Sport struts and shocks, MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor plug wires, Racingline polyurethane motor mount inserts...

Comment

Originally posted by Altered6 View Post
        Thanks! GTO'S look sharp with recessed grills also.
        Yea... SAP silver. Every time i think of them i think of the $ that could go to headers...
        2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
        Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
        Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
        2005 CGM GTO.
        386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
        2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

That's a very tight looking 6. You have it nicely set up. You've got to love BC in the sunshine.
          Mods: Lampoon's crabs under my hood (CAB and FPU w/K&N)
          Partial debadging, blackout window chrome and black overlays; Racingline FSB;
          Redline Elite Quick Lifts; HSRK; intake resonator delete

Comment

Originally posted by standfast View Post
            That's a very tight looking 6. You have it nicely set up. You've got to love BC in the sunshine.
            Thanks! I love my 6. Agreed, on a sunny day there aren't many places more gorgeous. It makes the seemingly endless rain worth unduring.

PS - Good eye on the BC license plate. You had me scratching my head for a minute or two.
            Last edited by Altered6; 11-22-2010, 08:08 AM.
            Current Mods

Comment

Big brakes are sexy. If you dont mind how much did you shell out for them. I need brakes on my 6 bc my oem style rotors are warped beyond belief.

ISimple Ipod adapter, Heat wrapped Injen, CRABs Option 3, ?% Tint, 6000K HIDs,GT-R, Tinted Tails, Rear badge delete, Plastidiped grills and front dart, Brembos, Pulse p5 17"s, racingline MMIs

Comment

^This!
                Paying someone to install parts on your car, and bragging about it being fast is like watching someone SMURF your wife, and being proud to raise the kids
                sigpic
                Progression Page
                Four Door Mafia

Forever Pontiac
                Sponsored by: Negrotisâ„¢ Racing

Comment

Those tires are so sick!! No way would they be good in snow, but what are they?? Summer grip I bet is outstanding!!

My Progression---------------------Crimson Crusade---------------------Why Do I Run?
                  Originally posted by wzbhnn
                  We all like different looks, that's why we mod!!

Comment

Originally posted by Matts06GT View Post
                    Those tires are so sick!! No way would they be good in snow, but what are they?? Summer grip I bet is outstanding!!
                    Thanks! The tires are 245/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01 R's. You are correct. The grip is outstanding and they are impressive in wet weather conditions.
                    Current Mods

Comment

This car is full of win very nice!
                      2009 Ford Mustang Premium Pony 4.0L
                      2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

Any advice on the ss/tc rear brake swap as to what is needed? what is the difference in size?
                        2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

Originally posted by The01Cav View Post
                          Any advice on the ss/tc rear brake swap as to what is needed? what is the difference in size?
                          Thanks for the complement. The Cobalt SS/TC rear brake swap required the removal of the dust shields (the wheel hubs must be removed to do this) and machining of the OEM G6 brake hose at the caliper end to accommodate the larger 12mm banjo bolts.

I'm uncertain of the exact size of the OEM G6 rear rotors but somewhere between 10+'' and 11". Perhaps someone can chime in here and provide the exact size. The SS rotors are 11.75'' with much larger calipers.

[/IMG]
                          Last edited by Altered6; 11-23-2010, 11:45 PM.
                          Current Mods

Comment

Can you run the Cobalts brake line so you don't have to machine the OEM?
                            2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

Originally posted by The01Cav View Post
                              Can you run the Cobalts brake line so you don't have to machine the OEM?
                              That would be nice but they are toooooooooo short. You could have custom stainless steel braided lines made they aren't crazy expensive. That's what I'm going to do.
                              Last edited by Altered6; 11-24-2010, 02:55 AM.
                              Current Mods

Comment

Working...
                              X