Altered6 Progressions - Baer Cobalt 13" Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Altered6 Progressions - Baer Cobalt 13" Brakes

i do have a good question to you my friend the what are the part number for the koni that you used on this set up . because i have being using monroe and i like them but the strut mount always ten to go very quickly on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hidden310 View Post
      i do have a good question to you my friend the what are the part number for the koni that you used on this set up . because i have being using monroe and i like them but the strut mount always ten to go very quickly on them.

The Koni strut inserts are part number 8641-1500SPORT. TireRack currently has these 20% off and possibly other places do too.
      Search 2008 Cobalt coupe SS turbo.
      Here's a link for more info - Koni How To
      For the strut mounts I used Moog's made for the G6 purchased from RockAuto.

Koni shocks for the rear are part number 8040-1342SPORT.
      Search 2003 and up Saab 9-3.
      Current Mods
      245/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01 R, 245/45/17 Bridgestone Blizzak WS60, Eibach springs, Debadged, Recessed upper grills, GTP rear valance, GXP exhaust, Redline Tuning QuickLifts, K&N air filter, GMPP strut tower brace, Steering wheel stereo controls, Baer Cobalt 13" front brakes, Cobalt SS 11.75" rear brakes, Stainless steel braided brake lines front & rear, Leather steering wheel, Recessed lower grills, Leather shifter handle, Leather parking brake handle, Leather console lid cover, Volant intake, PIAA H9 & H11 Xtreme White Plus headlights & driving lights, 93 octane tuned ECM & TCM, Custom painted headlights, Motorsport Tech wheel adapters, C5 Corvette 17" x 8.5" wheels, Koni Sport struts and shocks, MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor plug wires, Racingline polyurethane motor mount inserts...
      Altered6 Progression Page

Comment

Originally posted by Altered6 View Post
        The Koni strut inserts are part number 8641-1500SPORT. TireRack currently has these 20% off and possibly other places do too.
        Search 2008 Cobalt coupe SS turbo.
        Here's a link for more info - Koni How To
        For the strut mounts I used Moog's made for the G6 purchased from RockAuto.

Koni shocks for the rear are part number 8040-1342SPORT.
        Search 2003 and up Saab 9-3.
        Thank you for the information

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Bought these polyurethane Motor Mount Inserts from Racingline Performance so long ago that they have been lost and found through moves etc at least once or twice.

These inserts have been installed and reviewed many many times on here but as far as a can recall there has been little if any comments about the actual installation process and the removal of the front motor mount on my G6 differed slightly from the included instructions.

First off Racingline's instructions are great. They are detailed with pictures and arrows and include the list of tools required to do the job. They are also posted on their website for your perusal.

Where mine differed from the instructions was removal of the nut from the long through bolt that holds the OEM mount to the chassis had to be done from underneath the car. There just wasn't enough space to remove it from up top with my LZ4 engine.

I also didn't have to support the engine/trans with a jack or anything as instructed. Now I'm not recommending anybody ignore the jack support. So if you do other than Racingline's instructions indicate and your engine shifts I accept no responsibility.

Once out my OEM Mount appeared to still be in good shape. The rubber had no cracks, wasn't separating from the aluminum and was quite firm. The poly insert went in to the mount easily about 1/3 of the way at this point it required a lot of force and wiggling. Once past that sticking point the insert seated fully with ease.

The Racingline inserts are high quality, reasonably priced and the front mount is easily done in less than an hour depending on your skill set and tools.

This is a performance mod and not for comfort but well worth doing IMHO.

The dish soap we had was too runny so I used Axe body wash. It didn't run all over the place and make a mess, smelled good and worked good.

Thanks to fellow member Snowman for posting this video to YouTube. It shows how much drivetrain movement is eliminated after installing these motor mount inserts.

Last edited by Altered6; 03-08-2017, 06:33 PM.
          Current Mods
          245/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01 R, 245/45/17 Bridgestone Blizzak WS60, Eibach springs, Debadged, Recessed upper grills, GTP rear valance, GXP exhaust, Redline Tuning QuickLifts, K&N air filter, GMPP strut tower brace, Steering wheel stereo controls, Baer Cobalt 13" front brakes, Cobalt SS 11.75" rear brakes, Stainless steel braided brake lines front & rear, Leather steering wheel, Recessed lower grills, Leather shifter handle, Leather parking brake handle, Leather console lid cover, Volant intake, PIAA H9 & H11 Xtreme White Plus headlights & driving lights, 93 octane tuned ECM & TCM, Custom painted headlights, Motorsport Tech wheel adapters, C5 Corvette 17" x 8.5" wheels, Koni Sport struts and shocks, MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor plug wires, Racingline polyurethane motor mount inserts...

Comment

Nice that you showed us the photos. The Racingline instructions must have been easy to follow since you didn't go into a How-To do this install. Thanks for helping us out. I would love to get these soon before they run out and stop making.

Comment

On a more recent note had my windows tinted...

Last edited by Altered6; 03-24-2017, 03:56 PM.
              Current Mods

Comment

Did your tint have a brand name?

Comment

my stock front brakes work ok now that i had the rotors turned but i hate how small they look through my factory 18 inch wheels.it seems to me with all the current cars out there with 13" or larger rotors it should not be a big deal to make a bracket to add them to a g6.its not like you need a parking brake cable for the front.

Comment

Originally posted by GMManof3 View Post
                    Did your tint have a brand name?

Blizzard brand LOL.
                    Current Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Altered6 View Post
                      Blizzard brand LOL.
                      Blizzard! Hahaha!

Comment

Most recent project is a 1940 Chief.
                        Last edited by Altered6; 09-20-2021, 06:27 PM.
                        Current Mods

Comment

Working...
                        X