Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another car for Pooners......but the G6 STAYS!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another car for Pooners......but the G6 STAYS!!

Well my G6 was paid off and I was looking around to replace it but my Wife doesnt want me to get rid of the G6. She wants to regulate it to our traveling car for trips.

Sounds good to me. I will also use it whenever & may play some more with it now that its not a DD. ;-)

Anyway I was looking around and met an old Saleen employee who had orignally sold this car. He then told me that he is now working for a Ford Dealership and had seen the original owner and they got to talking. Turns out he was ready to sell the car and buy something else. He had it for sale for several months and had many nibbles but no one serious. He then dropped the price to something I could afford.

Its a 2006 Ford Mustang Saleen S281E black coupe. The E stands for Extreme.
    The Extreme model starts at 550hp.

It is serial numbered 06-0108 and it has 38k miles on it.

So I meet the owner and we started talking about the car.

Its garage kept and immaculate. The owner is one of the nicest guys I think I have ever met.

Anyway.... My Wife had wanted me to get the new Taurus SHO but at 47k there were allot of other cars out there that I liked better....and are also cheaper than that!!

Soooo I flew to CA last Wednesday and bought the car. It was like brand new.
    The only thing I could find was there was a crack in the front air diffuser so we pulled it off the car and it will be looked at this week for repair.

Drove it to SMS Supercars and with the help of a few guys from the Saleen Owners Club I was able to meet Steve Saleen. Steve signed both the dash and the supercharger.

I then drove it back to Texas.

Here are some pix of the car:

Here I am meeting Steve Saleen:

Steve signing the dash:

Then with some coaxing from Jim (a Saleen Owners Club buddy -you can see in this pix- white shirt) Steve signed the supercharger.

This Extreme has upgraded fuel injectors and pulley also.

Its a dream to drive and the power is just unbelievable.

Here is the original window sticker.

I paid close to 16k less than I would have had I bought a Taurus SHO.
    Seeing as how I have never seen a used Extreme go for less than 45 I was one happy camper.

Sooooo The G6 is still in the stable but I have a new toy.

I also ordered a license plate for it:

Google it if you dont know what it means.
    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Re: Another car for Pooners......but the G6 STAYS!!

Congrats!! Very bad ass! Excellent choice for a toy. Good luck with it.
    2011 Ibis B8 Audi S4

*When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?*

Comment

What do you do for a living?

"Wheel gap can be compared to a vaginaa. The more fingers you can stick in the worse off you are. "

Comment

I print money....

MODS:

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon View Post
          I print money....
          apparently. nice car robert.
          sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Heh I wanted to go back to your original thread about getting a new car where you mentioned visiting the Saleen place but then swore up & down that it wasn't a Saleen you were getting, and conVENiently that thread is not to be found
            CRABs, STBs, Uppers, Loud Noises Coming Out The Back End

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822

sigpic

Comment

I never swore up and down that I wasnt buyin a Saleen....?

I also didnt delete or alter any threads....

The only hint I remember giving was saying it was over 550hp on one post.

MODS:

Comment

I definitely retract any statement about a Ford. Bravo on the new addition to the stable!

Comment

BADASS!

I knew it! Atleast I wasn't too far off, that was going to be my second guess but I figured you already had Barry and Mrs. Pooner's stang so why another... lol. I see Mrs. Pooners and I think a like... a Taurus SHO is pretty baddass too.

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
                  I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

congrats robert.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Robert, you showed us a complete picture of yourself! That is indeed a hot car and a great deal too. Congratulations on a terrific addition to your already impressive stable. You should set up a highway drive by pic betewen Barry and SNU.
                      Mods: Lampoon's crabs under my hood (CAB and FPU w/K&N)
                      Partial debadging, blackout window chrome and black overlays; Racingline FSB;
                      Redline Elite Quick Lifts; HSRK; intake resonator delete

Comment

I love those #'s
                        2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                        Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                        Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                        2005 CGM GTO.
                        386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                        2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

OK "swore up & down" was a little over-dramatic I went through my posts 3 times and didn't see it, so I of course assumed the most evil of alternatives

Sorry and thanks for not outright banninating me for insubordination

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822

sigpic

Comment

BTW how does The Wife feel about the plate ?

sigpic

Comment

BADASS!!!! Congrats on the new ride, I like how you kept the 6. Well done!!!
                              MODSGT-R, HIDS 6000K, 8000K FOGS, 35% TINT, K&N INTAKE, CRAB HEAT SHIELD, Cquence Rotors

Comment

Working...
                              X