Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another car for Pooners......but the G6 STAYS!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another car for Pooners......but the G6 STAYS!!

Originally posted by Lampoon View Post
    Ok I'm officially jealous & possibly dislike you!

CARDOMAIN ................ PROGRESSION
    08 G6 GXP 20/10% tinted windows including 10" 10% brow,
    Crabs Intake Opt. 3 w/ FPU, Angel Eye Halo Projector Head Lights,
    Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs, Powder coated grilles, Raceingline STB,
    & Riken Raptors ZR 245/45-18's.
    TO BE INSTALL:
    Cquence Rotors, ceramic brake pads & paint calipers black
    92 LX Notchback mustang ~ Mods: 50 series flowmaster exhaust, 373 gears
    LOST BUT NOT FORGOTTEN 2006 G6 GT
    http://www.epicimpressionsphotography.com/

Comment

The original owner lived a few miles from the coast and I dont know if it was the sand or the salt water or what, but the front fascia and part of the front of the hood had little pits in it. It wasnt noticeable unless you got real close but it bothered me.

Soooo I pulled the facia off:

Ended up stripping the bumper and putting several coats of primer on it. The hood was then sanded down.

We painted the drivers side top area silver and I applied the car number vinyl over the silver paint.

Then we shot them black....put three coats on em and I peeled the vinyl sticker off.

All paint baby!!!

The silver painted number looked killer!!

At this point it was clearcoat time. We put 3 coats on them.
      I did not take any pix after the clearcoat cause I didnt want to go in the booth and risk putting any debris or dust or anything onto the paint. Just walking in the both can introduce contamenents or I can kick stuff up....he usually keeps the floor wet so that doesnt happen but I didnt wanna risk it. He is going to polish it today and it will be ready to put on the car tomorrow.

Its going to look awesome. Probably the only Saleen with painted fascia numbers.
      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

that looks great. i wish little things about my car that "bothered me" could be addressed immediately....hood chipping, a few scratches...ugh...what id do for a paint job
        sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Immediatly? Its been 5 months...but yeah...its also cheaper if you do some of the work yourself.

MODS:

Comment

Looks good, good job Lamps

SO when you gonna come and buff my bumper it definitely needs buffin
            Last edited by EpicRed; 03-09-2011, 03:33 PM.

CARDOMAIN ................ PROGRESSION
            08 G6 GXP 20/10% tinted windows including 10" 10% brow,
            Crabs Intake Opt. 3 w/ FPU, Angel Eye Halo Projector Head Lights,
            Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs, Powder coated grilles, Raceingline STB,
            & Riken Raptors ZR 245/45-18's.
            TO BE INSTALL:
            Cquence Rotors, ceramic brake pads & paint calipers black
            92 LX Notchback mustang ~ Mods: 50 series flowmaster exhaust, 373 gears
            LOST BUT NOT FORGOTTEN 2006 G6 GT
            http://www.epicimpressionsphotography.com/

Comment

Robert, I never tire of seeing your progression, not only as a person but also as regards your cars. That paint job looks pristine.
              Mods: Lampoon's crabs under my hood (CAB and FPU w/K&N)
              Partial debadging, blackout window chrome and black overlays; Racingline FSB;
              Redline Elite Quick Lifts; HSRK; intake resonator delete

Comment

That's pretty machine you got there. You ever heard of Forza Motorsport 3? That Saleen is on that game. I've seen only three true Saleens like yours here in Ft. Bragg. One them belongs to a female sergeant I know. Anyway, great choice man!!
                Roku's Mods: K&N air intake system, Eibach lowering springs, 225/45R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Postion Tires, 18in OZ Ultraleggera wheels (black), Disc Italia brake pads and slotted rotors, debadged, 30% window tint, Eagle Eye headlights (black), DDM 6000K HID low headlights, Notto SE 10000K HID fog lights, LED taillights, Koni shock absorbers and front struts, Racingline strut tower bar and grounding kit, Sirius Satellite Radio, BMD front end links, BMD steel braided brake lines, Brembo four piston front brake calipers, MPD ram air hood (body color), upper and lower recessed grilles (body color) GM Ground Effects kit (body color), Hammerhead flushmount spolier (body color), Customized Pontiac Concept Dart (Black w/ Carbon Fiber), Remin carbon fiber dash kit, WAMS ECM 91 Octane Tune, Borla pro xs dual muffler exhaust with vibrant resonator
                Roku's progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...36&pagenumber=

Comment

Hood is already on the car. Looks awesome!!
                  Still working on the fascia. Im replacing the honeycomb grills....

Last Black Friday I ordered a few NXT hood lifts. One set for a friend and one for Barry. I was hesitant to use it though cause
                  I wasnt sure how the Saleen hood would take it. I didnt want it to buckle or bend the hood.
                  Well it turns out the Show I went to last week had a few Saleens and several had lifts. Soooooo I pulled them out of the garage.
                  The guy I bought the spare for bought his own so the spare I had is now for the Extreme.
                  I sanded them down and primered and painted both sets:

Ill stick em on this week.

MODS:

Comment

I swear I dont have enough time in the day....
                    OK...I finally got my SALEEN vinyl for the front lower grill project.
                    I ended up going with a 22" one to fit equidistant in the mouth.

Ive seen this done before but they used silver and it really sticks out.
                    I was afraid with the Extreme being all black that it would be too much of a contrast
                    to have it in silver or white....so I went for a subdued look.

I ended up cutting small 90 degree meshs and attaching them with 3M
                    to anchor the screen in the grill:

After centering it on the brackets I went to apply the vinyl and noticed that the mouth is frowning in the lower fascia.
                    Well I dont want the SALEEN looking crooked so I matched the angles.

I painted the grill a flat black primer then I painted it a dark gray gloss.

I went with white vinyl since its the color that doesnt stick as well (for easy removal).

I then painted it a flat black:

Then removed the vinyl:

Oh no...its gone!!!

or is it?

This will give you an idea with the black background it will have:

The tape helped me center back on before taping it in.

An finally installed and now ready to go back on the car!

Sorry my hand shakes a little...so my pix arnt the best. My Wife said "That looks really good" and usually that means I aced it!

Ill take better shots with a real camera when I have the fascia back on.

MODS:

Comment

What happened to sixer for life? lol
                      sigpic
                      MY PROGRESSION:
                      http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20385

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

I still have the G6....worked on it for many hours the past few days...

MODS:

Comment

As usual Robert, you nailed it.
                          Mods: Lampoon's crabs under my hood (CAB and FPU w/K&N)
                          Partial debadging, blackout window chrome and black overlays; Racingline FSB;
                          Redline Elite Quick Lifts; HSRK; intake resonator delete

Comment

I know I know. but its still not the same....
                            sigpic
                            MY PROGRESSION:
                            http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20385

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

holy balls that saleen in the grille looks great. cant wait for installed pics
                              sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Put it back on the car yesterday....

Ill take better pix today after I wash her....I really like how it turned out.

MODS:

Comment

Working...
                                X