Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photography

I wanted to make a thread for any photographers on here that want to share their work, not just car pictures, but pictures of all kinds! Also, anyone can feel free to ask any photography related questions they might have and hopefully be able to receive answers to whatever questions they may have!

I just started getting into photography at the beginning of summer, everything I've learned was self taught, basically. I'm in a photography class and a photoshop class at the moment and I'm learning some very cool things and I can't wait to learn more!

I'll start by sharing some of my shots that I've taken recently that I'm rather proud of!

It was her 1 year birthday and she got a cake!

Hope you all enjoyed!
    Last edited by strikeaholic; 05-07-2011, 07:44 PM.

Progression Page

Re: Photography

Extremely impressive pix! I hope can learn n have my pix look like that!
    2011 Ibis B8 Audi S4

*When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?*

Comment

Originally posted by Xxgxpstreet08xX View Post
      Extremely impressive pix! I hope can learn n have my pix look like that!
      Thanks Ally!! You are always so full of nice compliments! If you ever have any questions about anything, just let me know and I'll be glad to try and help!!

Progression Page

Comment

No prob! I absolutely LOVE photography. I'm just a terrible learner lol.
        2011 Ibis B8 Audi S4

*When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?*

Comment

Haha well, everything takes time! Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be showing my pictures up before too long ;-)

Progression Page

Comment

Awesome pictures! You got some skills!
            Custom Flowmaster Exhaust- CRAB Heat Shield- Tiger Ram- Painted Cals- Painted Grills- Eibach ProKit- Racingline S/B- Racingline G/K- Injen Air Intake- Spyder Headlights w/ DDM 5000k Lows- DDM 5000k Fogs- Plasti-Dip Solstice Wheels w/ 5mm Spacers/ Painted- Painted Intake Manifold- Hood Spacers- RotorPros Front/ Rear D/S Rotors- BMD-P Fr. Endlinks- BMD-P SS Brake Lines...

Progression:
            http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18485

Comment

Thanks man!! I'm still very new to it with lots to learn though!

Progression Page

Comment

Holy shit that is some incredible work!

I love those shots of the wall clouds...did those storms become tornadic?

What kind of camera are you using?
                2009 PONTIAC G8
                MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Originally posted by ragingfish View Post
                  Holy shit that is some incredible work!

I love those shots of the wall clouds...did those storms become tornadic?

What kind of camera are you using?
                  Thanks!! Actually the first 3 of the 4 storm pictures are the same storm all in order of how the storm was moving. Sadly, that one didn't have crap for lightning, but I think it did spawn a small F0 tornado in the county just after mine. I wish I could have seen that to try and get some picture of!

I use a Nikon D5000 right now. Saving up for a D700 if I can ever get enough money for it ha.

Progression Page

Comment

Wow, very nice pics.
                    What do you have for lenses? They are very sharp and clean pictures.
                    I am thinking about taking a photography course this winter.
                    And why would you get a D700?, keep the D5000, I would kill to get my D40 to put out pictures like that.

2007 G6 SE,3500VVT V6,35/20% tint, 8000K HID's, G5 GT Chrome Tailpipe Tip, Pioneer AVIC F7010BT,Infinity 9632CF 6X9's, Energy 6.5 Components, Tinted Plate Cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite View Post
                      Wow, very nice pics.
                      What do you have for lenses? They are very sharp and clean pictures.
                      I am thinking about taking a photography course this winter.
                      And why would you get a D700?, keep the D5000, I would kill to get my D40 to put out pictures like that.
                      The D700 is a way better camera all around and more aimed towards professional photography, whereas the D5000 is more entry-level/amatuer and I plan on getting pretty serious into it so I'd like something better.

I've only got the kit lens that is mine and it's the 18-55mm VR lens. Though, I'm lucky enough to know a guy in town who has been letting me borrow some of his lenses to play with, which include the 70-200mm f2.8 lens, 105mm Micro lens, 14-24mm f2.8 wide angle, 24-70mm f2.8 - all of those are Nikon lenses. They are all amazing and very fun to use though, very pricey.

Progression Page

Comment

I understand that the D700 is a professional level camera but the pics with the D5000 you do not need a prosumer camera.
                        I don' think it can get much better than that.
                        All I can say is wow, I thought that you were already using a prosumer DSLR.
                        I am looking into buying a new lens in the near future but I do not know what I want to get.
                        Lenses are really expensive for nikon cameras and I don't want to get a lens and not be happy with it.
                        BTW what lens did you use for your car shots?
                        Again very nice shots!

2007 G6 SE,3500VVT V6,35/20% tint, 8000K HID's, G5 GT Chrome Tailpipe Tip, Pioneer AVIC F7010BT,Infinity 9632CF 6X9's, Energy 6.5 Components, Tinted Plate Cover.

Comment

i could look at your pics all day.
                          sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

damn dude you make all my photos look like shit. and I thought I took good photos. then again I have never took a lesson or have someone instruct me on how to shoot. everything I have done is on my own. I think I need to make a trip out and spend some time learning some stuff from you. I use a Canon EOS Rebel XT. 2 lenses. Canon efs18-55mm and a Sigma 55-200mm.

so here is some shots I have done

Last edited by snowmanG6; 11-07-2010, 08:16 PM.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                            Originally posted by ahuhn
                            so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by Granite View Post
                              I understand that the D700 is a professional level camera but the pics with the D5000 you do not need a prosumer camera.
                              I don' think it can get much better than that.
                              All I can say is wow, I thought that you were already using a prosumer DSLR.
                              I am looking into buying a new lens in the near future but I do not know what I want to get.
                              Lenses are really expensive for nikon cameras and I don't want to get a lens and not be happy with it.
                              BTW what lens did you use for your car shots?
                              Again very nice shots!
                              Ha thanks a lot man, but I see it as if I can get as good of images as I can now with this camera... imagine what I could get with an even better one. Though, lenses play a huge role in image quality and what conditions you can shoot in (lighting and whatnot).
                              Nikon brand lenses are really expensive, but you get what you pay for. They are amazing. Sigma and Tamron make pretty decent lenses as well from what I've heard and they are much cheaper, so you could always look into those. My car shots, the fall one that shows the rear was with the 70-200mm f2.8 I just got the lens from a friend to borrow so I went outside to try it out... not even really trying for a great/creative shot or anything.. just snapped that shot and liked it ha. The other one that was later in the evening was with I think a 55-200mm f5.6 (lens for the camera at work that I borrowed ha)

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP View Post
                              i could look at your pics all day.
                              Thanks buddy!!

Snowman, my pictures most certainly don't make yours look like shit!! I actually really enjoyed all of them! Especially for you being self taught! Of course you've got lots to learn to composing better images, but so do I and everyone else! Let me know if you have any questions man!

Progression Page

Comment

Working...
                              X