Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: if once wasn't enough... NOW with PICS

Wow. Talk about bad luck.

I would also check under the rear bumper for more damage from the first accident. these plastic bumpers tend to pop back out and hide structural damage behind them. As for the side, it didn't look to bad til you showed the door open picture. You can definitely see the rocker and b-pillar are dented in a couple spots, and that's no small feat to do.

Good luck with everything and glad to hear you are both Ok.
    2007 Pontiac G6 3.5L V6 | 1998 BMW Z3 Dinan

Comment

Well we got paid for the rearending! One repair paid for... now just waiting on the police report for the side repairs!

Originally posted by jimmyfloyd View Post
      Wow. Talk about bad luck.

I would also check under the rear bumper for more damage from the first accident. these plastic bumpers tend to pop back out and hide structural damage behind them. As for the side, it didn't look to bad til you showed the door open picture. You can definitely see the rocker and b-pillar are dented in a couple spots, and that's no small feat to do.

Good luck with everything and glad to hear you are both Ok.
      I checked underneath and there was little to no additional damage. He just clipped the edge of the impact beam so its a little pushed in but nothing to the extremes. The guy more or less hit the hollow spot in the bumper allowing it to flex in and out and just crack instead. The side yeah... it's very decieving when you look at it. I don't know if it's because the car is white or what but one angle it doesn't look bad but others it looks really pushed in and really bad. The guy did a number on the side of the car thats for sure!

Comment

Update time: it took some time but we got the police report just over a week and a half ago. It was quite funny to read. the other guy said to the police "I'm not sure what happened, I was in the right lane and went to change lanes and heard a loud bang, I just have no clue what happened" So the police report shows the guy was in the far right lane us in the far left and him coming across 2 lanes of traffic to hit us in the shoulder. So yeah he screwed himself. When we called his insurance he claimed complete fault for it. We had the adjuster out to look at the car and it's estimated at 4700 in damages... and we are to expect a check by this weekend. My wife was getting a bit concerned thinking that they may total the car. I think this is the first car accident that we actually may make some money on in the end. Crazy! Now we just have to figure out where to bring it and just let the insurance company know so my wife can get a rental.

Comment

Working...
        X