if once wasn't enough... NOW with PICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if once wasn't enough... NOW with PICS

Lets just start off with... this was a very very bad weekend for us. We went up to NJ this weekend to visit family in the wifey's RSX. On our way up to NJ while in maryland sitting in traffic the wifey and myself were talking. she made a comment to me of "oh great i got 2 dipshits on their phones texting." I saw the one didn't see the other. whatever we stop and go no biggie.. until BAM! We get rearended. So we get out of the car look and see the bumper all scuffed up and cracked. we pull over and my wife goes off on the guy. He was trying everything he could to get out of this accident... offering cash, his personal insurance whatever he could... all because he just started this job and his company has had to many accidents that the next person who wrecks is gone. We still got the police involved just for peace of mind just in case since we made a verbal deal that he'll pay us cash for the damages which hes kept his word so far. So we make it to jersey no big deal... and now it's time for us to come home from good ole jersey...

We leave around 9 am. We get on the turnpike going south riding along minding our business. My wife is passing a car. I tell her watch out because I'm watching the guy coming over into our lane. I noticed he's looking down not even at the road. So my wife beeps and starts moving towards the emergency shoulder on the left. the guy is still coming over she beeps again this time he finally looks up and jerks the wheel left slamming his porsche into us causing our car to fish tail almost into the cement divider. We pull over I get out ready to kill this guy my wife had to push me away. It took me a good 20 mins before i even realized the side airbags on my side went off in the car and damn do those fuckers hurt. I still have soreness and some black and blues from them. I'm glad they were their because getting hit at 70+ mph isn't a fun thing. Police came AGAIN and deemed the accident his fault and he got a ticket as well.

so to sum it up my wifes car got beat up this weekend pretty bad. I have pics of all the cars. I'll be uploading them probably tomorrow night sometime.
    Last edited by grfnkl; 10-20-2010, 05:57 PM.

Re: if once wasn't enough...

wow sounds like the type of luck i have been having lately
    8000k hids, interior paint, tint 35 front/ 20 back, tinted tails with pontiac symbol, blacked out headlights with black eyelids, red grille lights, racing stripes, interior neons, 2- OZaudio 10 in subs, 1800 watt kenwood amp, 17in XXR-001, intake, custom exhaust, painted engine cover

Comment

sounds like time to trade that thing in as soon as its fixed if the fix it LOL

Comment

Damn man. Glad your safe.
        Were they both texting or on a cellphone?
        My Rides
        '02 Corvette Convertible
        '06 G6 Coupe GT

Stop sign / Bad driver
        Superfluous / Pedestrian

Comment

WOW. that sucks. good that both of you are fine.

______________________The Untouchable!____________________

Comment

Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

That is why I never drive in Jersey.
            2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
            Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
            Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
            2005 CGM GTO.
            386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
            2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

wow thank god you guys are ok. That really sucks.
              2011 Ibis B8 Audi S4

*When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?*

Comment

bumper all scuffed up and cracked?

So why in the hell did you not just let him pay you cash and not get the cops involved? He will lose his job, get a ticket, get points on his license, and have his insurance rise do to a claim...all you needed to do is document his dl # and plates.

Comment

Originally posted by grfnkl View Post
                  we made a verbal deal that he'll pay us cash for the damages which hes kept his word so far.
                  I think the person above me in this post may have missed this part!

All in all man, ACCIDENTS SUCK, but the good news is, you're ok! Sucks is the wait time and getting them fixed. It seems like the vehicle is never the same afterwards, either! I hope it all works out with the private party and him paying for the repairs.

Remind me to NEVER get into a fender bender or anything in NJ......They give tickets even after someone is in an accident???? I'd fight that ticket and win every time.....Officer issuing the ticket can't prove anything! Officer has to swear and he can't cause he wasn't there....That's BS!
                  Last edited by BAMBAMM; 10-20-2010, 11:30 AM.
                  "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

Originally posted by BAMBAMM View Post
                    I think the person above me in this post may have missed this part!

All in all man, ACCIDENTS SUCK, but the good news is, you're ok! Sucks is the wait time and getting them fixed. It seems like the vehicle is never the same afterwards, either! I hope it all works out with the private party and him paying for the repairs.

Remind me to NEVER get into a fender bender or anything in NJ......They give tickets even after someone is in an accident???? I'd fight that ticket and win every time.....Officer issuing the ticket can't prove anything! Officer has to swear and he can't cause he wasn't there....That's BS!
                    They do that in Washington, too.
                    They have to assign 'blame' for the accident.
                    So when I slid down a hill last year into an f150 that was in the middle of the road(it was horridly icy. and my job was at the bottom of said hill. like a minute away. he had stopped and hadn't thought of trying to move off the road.)
                    the cop that arrived an hour and a half later wrote me a ticket for rear ending a vehicle and going 'too fast for conditions'.

I got out of that though. the prosec was a nice lady. REAAAALL NIIICE
                    My Rides
                    '02 Corvette Convertible
                    '06 G6 Coupe GT

Stop sign / Bad driver
                    Superfluous / Pedestrian

Comment

Well one accident was in Jersey and one was in Maryland. The one guy was from Maryland but had a company car from Conn. The other guy had a car from Florida. the one that rearended us was texting. the other guy I can only assume he was but again I saw him looking down not at the road... and when he got out he had his blackberry in hand. NJ is a no fault state for accidents ( or at the last i remember it was) however the police deemed him at fault. They can give tickets for accidents more along the lines of wreckless driving since yeah he wasn't paying attention and was driving wrecklessly therefore the accident occured. it sucks and yeah you could fight it sometimes they drop it other times they dont. We didn't care because we didn't get the ticket nor caused the accident. Anyways here are the pics of the car.

Rearending

Side smash

The current estimates are 850 for the rear bumper and 4300 for the side. Pearl white paint is nice to look at but fucking expensive as hell to have done!

Comment

Re: if once wasn't enough... NOW with PICS

ouch...glad to hear the two of you are okay!

Progression Page - G6P Garage

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

good thing you guys didn't get hurt.
                          it doesn't look too bad, they should be able to get that fixed with no problems.

Comment

dang, that tire mark on the side reminds me of a race during the nascar monster mile, in dover delaware.
                            "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

Originally posted by BAMBAMM View Post
                              dang, that tire mark on the side reminds me of a race during the nascar monster mile, in dover delaware.
                              LOL... thats what some of my wifes co-workers are saying.

So far the car seems to be fixable... but in the end it will be the insurance companies decision. As of the moment the car will be getting a whole new door...since you can't see in the pics but the door was flattened to the point the bottom of the door cracked and separated the sheet metal. it will be getting a new door sill since thats buckled, a new lower type s rocker panel, pop out rear fender, air bag, module and sensor.

Comment

Working...
                              X