really crappy situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• really crappy situation

alright so i was at a buddy's house hanging out at around 4-5 when his mom went to leave for work. he had to go move their h3 so she could take her rental car out because hers is in the shop. i'm just sitting in the house when she comes back in the house and tells me she hit my car backing out of the driveway. so i go outside to see the damage really calmly and it wasn't too bad looking since it was completely dark. the quarter panel between the wheelwell and the rear passenger door was mildly scraped (mostly clear coat) but dented pretty decently. she was freaking out about how she didn't get the insurance for the rental and pacing back and forth about to have a heart attack, so i told her to just go to work and we'll deal with the situation later. i thought everything was going to go well after that.

nope.

my buddy called her and said we can't get the rental's touch up paint in one of those duplicolor 2in1 mini bottles that we can mix with polish and just get the car passable and not have to pay anything. she went on another bitchfest and he asked what she was going to do about my car's situation. well she perceived my statement of "we'll deal with the situation later" as "i don't care don't worry about it." so right now we're both slightly worried about her trying to screw me over.

before i drove to school i had a collision shop give me a quick quote and baseline will be $778 and 3-4 days of downtime. i'm not really too worried as i would just have to call her insurance company since i have her name and all her info to begin with. it would just be much easier if she would have the same ideal as me.

i'll have pics in a bit when i can take better ones. it was too dark to take some when it happened. i'm just so pissed a middle aged woman thinks that because i'm a kid i don't care about my vehicle.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Re: really crappy situation

Sorry to hear, that sucks.
    It seems the G6's are a magnets for accidents!

Progression Page - G6P Garage

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

Originally posted by zlatsky View Post
      she was freaking out about how she didn't get the insurance for the rental
      She should really check with her insurance to see if they cover the car. Also if it was paid for with a credit card, the card company covers insurance as well.
      Vector Tune - CRAB Cold Air Box - Cquence Ultima Cross Brake Rotors

Comment

dude thats terrible. The mom should totally pay! For the sake of your friendship even lol.
        -Paul- 2006- G6 GTP Coupe- Crimson Red- 18" Wheels- 6*Spd Manual

Comment

she didn't want to go through insurance because her deductible was $1000 so i gave her three options

1. write me a check for the repair quote amount
          2. write me a signed statement saying exactly what happened for later use
          3. we can get a police report

she got all offended that i was giving her an ultimatum in her house. i wanted to be like bitch you hit my car what do you expect. but she chose option one so I'm getting two more quotes from other repair shops.

Comment

Go to YOUR insurance and ask, but do not make a claim thru them or you will ge screwed
            And you should get a police report anyways.... by seeing how things are turning, she could blame that you hit her!!

Comment

My friend (her son) wrote me a signed statement of what happened so she can try that all she wants. Also there were witnesses of us going back and forth about how she hit me.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartGTP View Post
                Go to YOUR insurance and ask, but do not make a claim thru them or you will ge screwed
                And you should get a police report anyways.... by seeing how things are turning, she could blame that you hit her!!
                In my experience, DONT CALL YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY unless you intent to submit a claim.
                Someone I know backed into a wall and broke the back window on their car (dont ask), they contacted the insurance company, and being a lawyer made it vey clear that they were not submitting a claim, but wanted to know details about their policy given the situation.
                Turns out that the repair place they reccomended quoted like 30-40% above what another place quoted. So they paid it out of pocket (never submitted a claim) as the repair bill was less than the deductable. When they went to renew the policy, the insurance company has a record of the back window being a claim even though there was no claim made, and no payout.
                Even though they have accident forgiveness, it still really sucks because if they want to switch companies there is now a claim, and if they are in an actual accident, the accident forgiveness has already been used!
                This is just another way that insurance companies will always find a way to screw everyone over!

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

No offense, but if you ask me THAT was pretty stupid to do to begin with... Why would you call your ins co. and ask... what would happen if I ________ (Fill in the blank)? Of course they're gonna make a note of it even if you don't submit a claim.... YOU pretty much just told on yourself!

I would have just went by the deductible... if the repair is significantly lower than I would pay for it out of pocket (if it's your own fault).

Mike, I hope everything turns out ok although it sounds like she's trying to think of a way out of this.... she might try to pull a... you were on my property type crap on you.

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
                  I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

She already tried to bring up the "you were in MY driveway" crap, but i asked my buddy who's a cop and he said since the person who invited me over was a legal adult and allowed me to park there, I was alright.

but seriously all three accidents this car has been in, i've known the person. wtf.

Comment

Originally posted by 1BADG6GT View Post
                      No offense, but if you ask me THAT was pretty stupid to do to begin with... Why would you call your ins co. and ask... what would happen if I ________ (Fill in the blank)? Of course they're gonna make a note of it even if you don't submit a claim.... YOU pretty much just told on yourself!
                      Do you know every detail of your insurance policy?
                      How else are you supposed to see if a broken back window is covered under glass coverage unless you call your insurance company? But yes, hindsight is always 20/20.

But you also confirmed my point that they are trying to screw you over: "Of course they're gonna make a note of it even if you don't submit a claim". Correct me if I'm wrong, but a 'note' is not a claim, neither is a question, so it shouldnt be considered one.

Comment

I sure as hell know EXACTLY what my ins covers....... JACKSHIT! I have only have liability coverage....

And if I were your friend I'd call and raise hell at the douche who made the note/false claim... I'd drop that ins and explain my situation to the next ins co. problem solved!

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
                        I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

JACKSHIT!
                          Well, that was unnecessary

I'd drop that ins and explain my situation to the next ins co. problem solved!
                          Not exactly, they tried that. The problem is that once it is on your driving record, it is on your driving record.

Point is...be careful what you tell your insurance company even if you clearly tell them that you are not submitting a claim.

Comment

I sure as hell know EXACTLY what my ins covers....... JACKSHIT! I have only have liability coverage....

And if I were your friend I'd call and raise hell at the douche who made the note/false claim... I'd drop that ins and explain my situation to the next ins co. problem solved!
                            im surprised the insurance company let you only put liability on an 08, usually they want full coverage on a newer car
                            09 GT Coupe in Techno Grey, lowered on eibachs, debadged, duplicolor red calipers, Full CRABS setup, silver CRAB stickers in my coupe windows +20HP G6Performance.com decals ,carbon fibre inlays

Comment

Originally posted by jeffjr464 View Post
                              im surprised the insurance company let you only put liability on an 08, usually they want full coverage on a newer car
                              Keep in mind he is in the US, major differences in insurance there

Comment

Working...
                              X