Best way to repair chips/scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to repair chips/scratches

What's the best way to fix chips/scratches in paint besides repainting?

Re: Best way to repair chips/scratches

leave it alone or fix it the right way

Comment

That all depends. If they're light scratches and you know what you're doing you can buff them out. As for the chips, well, if they not on a part that is looked at closely such as the lower parts of the bumper, ect. Then get some touch up paint and take your time. But if they're in the main part and aren't to bad let it be. Trying to fix it will only make it worse. I have a chip behind my drivers door that is driving me nuts but I know I'm better off just to let it be.

You could also always take it to the pros
      sigpic
      MY PROGRESSION:
      http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20385

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

I have the same issue, on my passenger side rear door about an inch from the middle I had someone slam there door open into it - followed by the 'oh I'm sorry' face - I have a little 'imperfection' on that side now - every time I see it I want to scream but like the others said, unless your going to do it the right way don't even worry about touching it up, you'll make it worse : ( big sad face
        Semper Fi - David Hall - 2009 Pontiac G6 GT Blue 4-Door

Performance: CRABS 03 and FPU, Resonator Delete, RL Strut Tower Bar

Appearance: Debadged - Window Tint 35% front 18% back - Emblem Overlays - Door Sill Overlays

Comment

Originally posted by 07silverMIG6 View Post
          They can be fixed up to look better without repainting the panal. You just have to know what you are doing. I would be happy to help you out sometime. Dont let anyone discourage you and make you think you are stuck ugly chips and scratches...
          2012 AWD Fusion Sport...
          Steeda springs, Steeda STB, Steeda Motor mount, Steeda Intake, Steeda 93/100 octain tune, Steeda TB spacer, Magnaflow catback, 19x8.5 mustang GT wheels painted body color, 5% and 35% TINT, upper and lower 6,000k HID's, Steeda Hood struts, and tinted tails, and much more...http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3974935/2012-ford-fusion/

Comment

please help me out....
            sigpic
            MY PROGRESSION:

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

help me as well please! I've always been don't 'dont mess with it'
              Semper Fi - David Hall - 2009 Pontiac G6 GT Blue 4-Door

Performance: CRABS 03 and FPU, Resonator Delete, RL Strut Tower Bar

Appearance: Debadged - Window Tint 35% front 18% back - Emblem Overlays - Door Sill Overlays

Comment

I've heard good things about Dr. colorchip. It's a little expensive but apparently very good.
                Mods:
                CRAB option 3 and FPU, iSimple Ipod integrator, Infinity Kappa 693.7i rear speakers, 50 front/20 rear window tint, gtp rims, Brembo brakes, Racingline STB/grounding kit, Intake Resonator Deleted, WAMS Tune.

Upcoming Mods:
                more audio upgrades, racingline MMIs(waiting to be installed)

Comment

Originally posted by 07silverMIG6 View Post
                  paint chips may not be able to fix (properly) unless you have a bodyshop do it, however some scratches...actually a lot of scratches can be fixed with proper detail. I have heard highly of AutoLavish in SE Mich. and am thinking about having them work on my gxp this summer.
                  -Tim
                  2013 Chrysler 300 S V6 8spd auto
                  2009 G6 GT Sedan - Brothers ride
                  2008 G6 GXP Sedan - Sold @ 51k
                  -5% Tint all around
                  -Bridgestone Potenza RE760 245/45/18's
                  -Racingline STB
                  -Eibach Springs
                  2006 G6 GTP Coupe - SOLD @ 70k
                  2005 G6 GT Sedan - SOLD @ 99k

Comment

just my .02 cents, if you have a chip that goes to metal, and are going to leave it be, put some clear fingernail polish over it so the metal doesnt rust

Comment

Well we know that. but we're more talking about light chips that drive you insane....
                      sigpic
                      MY PROGRESSION:

Comment

Working...
                      X