Continuous Crank TSB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuous Crank TSB

I know there are other posts on this but here is my question.

I'm bringing my car in tomorrow for a few things and I'm thinking about having them take care of the TSB for the extended crank. I have an 06 GTP so I think it is 05-06-04-076B.

My car has done this in the past but not for a while and I'm not sure if I want the dealer messing with anything they dont need to. Has anyone had this done and what was the result?

Also, has anyone had any other problems that were TSB's that I should have them look for?

Thanks.
    2006 Black GTP Sedan

Just go in and say you want it done, what is there to question? It benefits you and you car?
    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

i have the VMS ECM tune...do you think if i take it in for a TSB (crank and/or fuel light) i risk losing the tune? is there a chance they would reflash it?
      -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
      Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

they would just void your warranty and tell you to come pick the car up.
        Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
        Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
        WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

As for the Vector people, they should not void your warranty, but only GTPprix can answer the reflash question. I do believe you would lose your programming though. Send him a PM.

John

Comment

My Service Manager told me it would void it....?
            Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
            Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
            WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

If they find out, on a reflash they do not check to see what is there, they just reflash...

Comment

i already took it in for the crankshaft position relearn and they didn't notice or at least say anything about it being tuned...i'm not worried about them finding it as much as reflashing it

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

even if they examined the tune, they would probably still not notice.
                  2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                  :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                  :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                  :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Well, now that I said that the continuous crank has not happened in a while it happend 3 times today! WTF?
                    2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by GTP80
                      Well, now that I said that the continuous crank has not happened in a while it happend 3 times today! WTF?
                      Hooray for total randomness.

in the TSB, did they say the cause?
                      Originally posted by colinpeddle
                      They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
                      That here, by G6er law, we lie
                      Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
                      THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

I didnt read the whole TSB, I just found the TSB number from another post on here.

I brought the car in this morning so I'll try to find out from the dealer what the cause was when I pick it up.
                        2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

I took my car in, they couldnt find anything wrong with it but gave it the update anyway and I havent had any problems since. Reflash is one thing that worries me about the vector tune, I dont want my dealer blowing $400 out the hood if they update my car.
                          BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

chris told me that you don't have to worry about reflashes when taking your car in just for a TSB

Comment

Thought that TSB applied only to the 05/06 3.5L?
                              2009 PONTIAC G8
                              MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Working...
                              X