A Billion dollar picture....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Billion dollar picture....

...few know that Pontiac stole the name GTO from Ferrari.
    Ferrari won the 62 & 63 (maybe 64 - I cant remember) GT Nationals with their GTO then they stopped making them.

Later a Japanese car manufacturer named Datsun stole the Ferrari GTO body style for thier 240Z but they couldnt replicate the speed. Pontiac then took the name for a new Musclecar they had on the LeMans/Tempest line.

Grand Turismo Omologato. The GTO.

The rarest Ferrari out there the GTO is one of the most coveted racecars any private owner could own.

I was in the Dentist office last week and was thumbing through an old Motortrend magazine and ran across this:

This is indeed a Billion Dollar photo.
    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Re: A Billion dollar picture....

The street Value of that street just hit top dollar!
    "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

pretty cool infro right there, I've heard the story before but pretty cool none the less
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I JIZZed when I saw that one episode of law and order when they had the old GTO in it. I wonder how much they paid the owner to feature it in the show.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
        TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
        Show
        -20% tint
        -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
        -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Working...
        X