This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 steering "recall" thread

since theres about 5 different threads on this im gonna make one master thread.

first off this is NOT a recall. what this is is a Special Policy. what that means is that GM has put an extra warrenty on the steering system. so in order for your car to have anything done to it it has to be experiencing the problem.

as far as the vehicles covered this covers
    CERTAIN 2005-2006 Chevrolet Malibu, Malibu Maxx
    2008 Chevrolet Malibu, Malibu Maxx
    2005-2006 Pontiac G6
    2008 Pontiac G6
    2008 Saturn AURA

not all vehicles made those years will be effected so youll have to contact your dealer to find out for sure if yours is or not

the condititon that is covered by this policy is
    Some customers may experience a loss of power steering assist caused by electrical input signals within the steering column assembly. If the power steering assist is lost, a chime will be heard and the Driver Information Center will display a "Power Steering" warning message. On some vehicles, the Service Vehicle Soon light will also illuminate. The vehicle can still be steered in a safe manner but will require greater driver effort at low vehicle speeds or when stopped.

and finaly This special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 10 years or 100,000 miles (160,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership.

any more questions and concers feel free to ask

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Re: 06 steering "recall" thread

i got power steering warning coming up on my DIC, but i don't feel any power steering loss.
    Everytime i got the warning on DIC and yellow light on gauge, I turn the vehicle off and on, and the warnings are gone.
    i'm not sure if that's qualified for the 'recall'. is it?
    btw, i got 05 G6 GT with LX9

Crab intakes with Crab claws
    Resonator delete
    Magnaflow cat-back exhaust system
    Racingline strut tower bar
    Tinted taillights
    18' Enkei Razr's with 225/45/18 Toyo Proxes
    Painted calipers

Comment

must be below 100k miles and a certain date.. but yes.. otherwise you qualify

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

So, about 2 or 3 weeks ago my 06 V6 Sedan with 99,935 miles on it started to loose the power assist when turning at low speeds and making U turns. This problem was intermittent and I only saw the DIC message once or twice about two years ago. The DIC message never really corresponded with a noticeable issue, and always went a way after about a minute. the problem started to be more frequent. So I took it to the Chevy dealer with the hopes of the repairs being covered under the extended service bulletin mentioned above.

I dropped the car off at noon, and the dealer gave me a ride home. a few hours later I got a call saying that the parts need to be ordered and will be ready to install on Monday. The service manager also told me that all parts and labor are covered and there will be no charge for the repairs. AWESOME!!!! They gave me the car back for the week end and scheduled me to return Monday morning.

Even though the issue hasn't been addressed as of yet. This may restore my faith with Generous Motors.

We shall see how it plays out, but it sounds pretty good to me.

Stop by my progression and say Hi!

Custom Blacked out Chrome
        Color Matched Upper Grilles
        Door Sills
        Puddle Lights
        Steering Wheel swap
        Custom CIA/Heat Shield

Comment

Working...
        X