Just ordered Kooks 1 7/8 longtube headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just ordered Kooks 1 7/8 longtube headers

Just ordered them today. they are being coated and then shipped so about a week or so.
    im installing them with my tuner and having him work his majic. im hoping for around 350hp or so to the wheels.
    but im more interested in how mean and deep its going to sound
    im so excited. this has always been my dream and im doing it for my birthday, which is september 16th. its my present to myself
    2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
    2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
    613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
    11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
    New numbers coming soon........

Re: Just ordered Kooks 1 7/8 longtube headers

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

jk lol. Lucky son of a gun.

I want them, but in GTO shape

Wont be able to for a while. I want them before winter though.
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

i made an extra 2grand this month and really wanted headers. so i called maryland speed and placed my order. after this i need to save for college and other things(supercharger lol.)
      2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
      11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan View Post
        Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

jk lol. Lucky son of a gun.

I want them, but in GTO shape

Wont be able to for a while. I want them before winter though.
        This I definitely agree with!

Are you planning on going SC or turbo later on? I've heard a lot of the GTO guys say 1 7/8's are too big for bolt ons. I personally don't agree and would also go with 1 7/8's myself.

Do they make the signature series stepped headers for the G8?
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I'd always go with 1 7/8". You have room for improvement. If you get 1 3/4" and start getting into real modding, you've got buy headers. again.

There was a G8 gxp with 1 7/8" headers up at the weekly north houston meet last week and man did it sound incredible...

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

they do not make the stepped headers.
            and yes ive heard about the 1 3/4 and 1 7/8 controversy.
            but from what ive read and understand(also my awesome tuner) is that are cars need extra room on the exhaust side and need all the room it can get. so the lack of backpressure really is not a factor.
            i do plan on supercharging it later, magnuson or harrop.
            im having my shop install hiflow cats so its not so obnoxious, but still will sound real mean and throaty
            my tuner will be ready when i have them installed to start adjusting the tune and we are hoping for 350hp to the wheels.
            im more interested in the improvement in the sound department then the performance. i still think my car is to quiet as is.
            11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

The only issue when having the 1 7/8" is indeed the backpressure. You will lose SOME low end torque. Not necisarily peak torque, but torque at lower RPM's when you're not flowing enough to fill the 1 7/8" by far.
              2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
              Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
              Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
              2005 CGM GTO.
              386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
              2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

^yes sir, I was just curious because I've read countless threads on the 1 3/4 vs. 1 7/8's. As mentioned I would also go bigger since it leaves room for upgrading with major mods later down the road. I've also thought about just going with the stepped since its the best of both worlds but headers are FAAAARRRR down the road for me-I mean we're talking over the horizon far......bleh
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963 View Post
                  ^yes sir, I was just curious because I've read countless threads on the 1 3/4 vs. 1 7/8's. As mentioned I would also go bigger since it leaves room for upgrading with major mods later down the road. I've also thought about just going with the stepped since its the best of both worlds but headers are FAAAARRRR down the road for me-I mean we're talking over the horizon far......bleh
                  that sucks. headers were by far a definate mod for me after brakes and such since it helps to stop all that power safely.
                  headers are at the coater and should ship out tomorrow. so i should have them first thing next week.
                  i will be welding in high flow cats to keep things sane. if thats not loud enough then ill remove them
                  11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

My freind has a G8 GT, he is on a G8 board and he said an issue is that the long tube headers relocate the cats and then you cant pass emitions. But just noticing you live in Flordia I guess that doenst matter as you dont have emition testing lol.
                    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                    Gotta have it Green color
                    Brembo brake package
                    420 HP 5.0L
                    Ford Racing Power Pack
                    GT500 track pack differential cover
                    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

yep. and from what i understand, as long as i keep cats, i will maintain my warranty depending on where i go and for what issue.
                      but i was told anything cat forward voids your warranty. oh well
                      11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

nice choice with kooks. Ill be cheaping out in the short future and be getting pacesetters lol. pipes are pipes IMO but kooks are definitely the best.
                        sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

headers shipped yesterday. should be here friday or monday. i will be installing them with steelgraygtp at my dads and having my exhaust shop weld up the connection pipe. then whenever my tuner can fit me in, its party time
                          11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

sounds good, we all can't wait to see pics of those sterling beauties when they get to your house!!!!

Comment

headers came today. i dont have pics of them but they are installed. right now im running straight headers now with no exhaust and it sounds like a nascar.
                              my tuner copied my stock engine file and is working on the tune as we speak.
                              tomorrow my boss is following me to my exhaust shop to get hi flow cats welded up and finish the install.
                              i cant wait
                              11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

Working...
                              X