OEM Radio question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OEM Radio question

Hi all...here's my dilema....got a 06 Malibu Maxx SS, the in dash cd changer stopped working and spit out all the cd's....I know everyone on here is gonna tell me to just go aftermarket. But due to finances and my wife (she loves the stock system), I thought I got a good deal by buying a refurbished oem radio that looks exactly like mine, got it for $100! Come home, type in the part number, it's a 06 G6 radio...don't have it installed yet...my question is...are they pretty much the same, just a different color display? Mine is blue, I'm guessing that the G6 is red.

If that's all that's different, no big deal...just won't match....or does someone on here have a Malibu Maxx SS oem radio that they wanna trade with me, or know of a place I can get one for about the same price.

Thanks for all the help everyone!!

Re: OEM Radio question

knowing GM, I would guess they are the same. just check the connector on the back of it to make sure they look the same. As for putting it in, you might have to have it programmed to your car's VIN, which is a dealer thing, but other than that, you should be good I believe.
    2007 Pontiac G6 3.5L V6 | 1998 BMW Z3 Dinan

Comment

Working...
    X