Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Full Bolt On 3.6 Dynojet Run

Originally posted by mi04se1 View Post
    Thats why I did the LSX mod. When I had the G6 GXP, I just didnt want to put a shitload of money into it with no increase in performance.
    yeah good point, unless you dump thousands of dollars into a V6 it will never be a rocket, probably 10k+ now that I think about it
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Shit if I put $10k+ into the G8, Ill be in the low 12's or high 11's.

2009 Liquid Red G8GT
      4 door mafia
      93 octane VMS ecm/tcm tune
      8000k hid's
      Solo Mach Shorty & HFC's
      Rotofab cai and radiator cover
      13.207@107.11
      330 hp/328 tq on a Mustang dyno

Comment

Shit if I put $10k+ into the G8, Ill be in the low 12's or high 11's.
        jesus 10k I would hope it would be low 12's!!!!
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I can do low 12's with 125 shot of NOS, but IMO NOS is cheating.

2009 Liquid Red G8GT
          4 door mafia
          93 octane VMS ecm/tcm tune
          8000k hid's
          Solo Mach Shorty & HFC's
          Rotofab cai and radiator cover
          13.207@107.11
          330 hp/328 tq on a Mustang dyno

Comment

I can do low 12's with 125 shot of NOS, but IMO NOS is cheating.
            agreed NOS is wussy gas unless you have TONS of other major modifications to go along with it

Comment

Originally posted by uzun1986 View Post
              True I kicked out 247HP and 270Torque at the wheels
              I'd like to see what your 1/4 mile is with those kinds of numbers.

Honestly, comparing dyno's is far from a science. Until someone breaks the 13.99 1/4 mile barrier, I'm not convinced of any differences in dyno's.

With the torque curve change in steel's latest dyno though, he's got one hell of a shot. Someone take his ass to the track this weekend so we can see!!
              Last edited by 07GTPBlackAndTan; 08-05-2010, 12:30 PM.
              2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
              1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Comment

Ok, enought OT and jumping to conclusions! This is just a dyno sheet, nothing more. My numbers may appear off because the runs were done in 3rd gear. My tuner doesn't want to spin the dyno to 180 MPH just to get impressive numbers. Dynos are just tools to measure gains. They can not be compared to others of even the same type. That is not the point of them. What really matters are E.T.s and trap speeds. I don't know what graph you guys are looking at, but I did NOT lose torque. I gained a considerable amount after 5000 RPM. I honestly don't care about the small "loss" before then. My powerband is 5k and up. I am never below that during WOT shifting.

I don't know if this tune was done conservatively or not. I was not there for it, but I assume it was. There is no way you can eek every last bit of power out of a car in just a couple hours dyno time. I will ask and find out for sure though. Personally, I am very happy with the results. And the real gains will be shown when I post up a sub-14 second time slip.
                Born: 2/16/2007 -- Best Time: 14.20 @ 98.61 MPH -- 240 WHP & 205 WTQ -- Blueprinted and Balanced

- U.C. Tinted Tails - Dr. S Stage 3 - SRC Dyno Tune - Eibach Pro Kit - C.I. FPU - Scuba's Aux. Retrofit -
                - 08 SS/TC Brembo Conversion - Ported Heads & I.M - MACE I.M.S. - RacingLine MMI - O.T.T.P. SRS -
                - MMS Headers - ClassicPerformance Exhaust - Powerbond UDP - CF Catch Can - Racingline Strutbar -

Comment

Originally posted by Tupperware SC2 View Post
                  And to the OP, albert, what kind of tuning was done? Also withthe coin toy have in that car please PLEASE invest in an oil pressure and Wodeband o2 sensor. Shit sme data logging equipment would be sweet too

But : for getting her running again
                  Not sure what you mean by what kind of tuning. But it was done with HP Tuners. I will definitely be getting a wideband and oil pressure gauge ASAP. Along with oil and transmission coolers.

Originally posted by BAMBAMM View Post
                  I don't really know what I'm reading, so I'm guessing you're HP is 236 and Torque is 205, or close to those numbers.
                  Questions:
                  1: Are you satisfied with the outcome?
                  2: Are you getting, or were you expecting more HP? (I ask cause I thought stock the 3.6 came with over 240....I'm asking cause I don't know, learning is an every day thing)
                  Bam, I am very happy so far. I will be moreso when I see that 13 second slip, though. And these are wheel HP numbers. The engine is rated 252 crank HP stock. Which is about 200 wheel stock.
                  Born: 2/16/2007 -- Best Time: 14.20 @ 98.61 MPH -- 240 WHP & 205 WTQ -- Blueprinted and Balanced

- U.C. Tinted Tails - Dr. S Stage 3 - SRC Dyno Tune - Eibach Pro Kit - C.I. FPU - Scuba's Aux. Retrofit -
                  - 08 SS/TC Brembo Conversion - Ported Heads & I.M - MACE I.M.S. - RacingLine MMI - O.T.T.P. SRS -
                  - MMS Headers - ClassicPerformance Exhaust - Powerbond UDP - CF Catch Can - Racingline Strutbar -

Comment

Originally posted by steelgraygtp View Post
                    Ok, enought OT and jumping to conclusions! This is just a dyno sheet, nothing more. My numbers may appear off because the runs were done in 3rd gear. My tuner doesn't want to spin the dyno to 180 MPH just to get impressive numbers. Dynos are just tools to measure gains. They can not be compared to others of even the same type. That is not the point of them. What really matters are E.T.s and trap speeds. I don't know what graph you guys are looking at, but I did NOT lose torque. I gained a considerable amount after 5000 RPM. I honestly don't care about the small "loss" before then. My powerband is 5k and up. I am never below that during WOT shifting.

I don't know if this tune was done conservatively or not. I was not there for it, but I assume it was. There is no way you can eek every last bit of power out of a car in just a couple hours dyno time. I will ask and find out for sure though. Personally, I am very happy with the results. And the real gains will be shown when I post up a sub-14 second time slip.
                    for sure man but we're all jumping to conclusions cuz we're all so anxious to see a 1/4mile time and i know i'm anxious to just really see what our 3.6l engine can really do... TRACK NAO!!! lol
                    Appearance: Sexy Electric Blue Metallic - 35% Tint, , Painted Calipers, Spyder Halo Projector Headlights, Red Under Dash LED's, Lower Grill Chrome Trim

Performance: Canuck Lowering Springs, Crabs O3 + FPU, Custom Dual Muffler Borla Exhaust, Front Adjustable End Links

Audio: Kenwood DNX5120 Double din, Hifonics HFI1000.1 Mono Amp, RE SEX12D4 12" Subwoofer (pushing 750w), Alpine Type S 6x9 Speakers, Jensen Power 720 amp

Comment

Well put sir! Was your last dyno (the one he compares your latest to) done in the same gear? I would assume so, but wanted to confirm.

Comment

Slap on a GT-R exhaust on that bad boy!!
                        MODSGT-R, HIDS 6000K, 8000K FOGS, 35% TINT, K&N INTAKE, CRAB HEAT SHIELD, Cquence Rotors

Comment

@xlemosx: Believe me, I am anxious too. I have been super busy with work though. Still need to get the new tires on before I can hit the strip.

@Nate: Ya, they were both done in the same gear.

@RickyGT: I already have one! Lol.

Comment

What tires are you getting?

Comment

I have a set of BFGoodrich KDW2s sitting in my garage right now. Just need the time to take it in to the shop.

Comment

I have a set of BFGoodrich KDW2s sitting in my garage right now. Just need the time to take it in to the shop.
                                Nice, I almost bought those and went with the GY GT2's instead. Kinda wish I hadn't as their track traction sucks ballz. But, they should get me 40 - 50k miles so I guess that's $800 well spent

My next tire WILL be the Dunlop Star Specs. I've heard guys say they are better than drag radials for the track.

Comment

Working...
                                X