Review of Royal Purple Synchromax and Torco RGO gear oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review of Royal Purple Synchromax and Torco RGO gear oil

As you guys know I swapped out my fluids for better performance aftermarket oils. I ended up going with Royal Purple Synchromax for the manual tranny and RGO gear oil 85W140 with Torco Type F limited slip additive. I researched for about a week on what the best oils would be for the goat and came to these brands as my conclusion.

Royal Purple Synchromax:

Great tranny oil but also a little expensive. After the fluid was in the shifting was much better, softer when changing gears, goes into reverse without forcing it or letting the clutch out a little before slipping in. When driving the car overall just rides much better.

Torco RGO 85W140 with Type F LS modifier"

Highly recommened by the GTO community since the goats rear ends are very picky I did start having some slight whine but since I bought the car with 49k on the odo I had no clue when the oils were changed last. After the oil has been in with the LS modifier there is much less rear end chatter, whine is completely gone!

Overall these two oils really are doing one hell of a job. I can't believe how picky the GTO's are with their oils but these two brands seem to be a match made in heaven for the drive train!
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.
Working...
X