Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PhotoBucket, How-To upload and link pictures to sites.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhotoBucket, How-To upload and link pictures to sites.

Photobucket can be viewed at http://www.photobucket.com/ for those of you who have been looking for a place to host your pics instead of using CarDomain or MySpace.

1. Click the big red bar that says, "Register Now" and it will take you to this registration screen...

2. Fill out all your information including a User ID and a Password and make sure to check the box at the bottom stating that you Agree to the Terms of Service, then click the Continue button. If you are taken to an advertisement just click on "skip ad" to take you to the login screen....

3. Login with the User ID and Password you just created to take you to your home page...

4. Click the Browse button and search for pictures located on your computer, double click the pic you want, then title the picture so you know what it is and finally click the Submit button, here's a pic....

5. Now your uploaded pic is now at the bottom of the screen with an included URL, TAG and IMG. These are the codes you use when you want to insert a pic into a forum or any other site. Here is the pic.....

Hope this helps you guys out any, I know this was asked for in Off-Topic Discussion. Now you can also organize your pics into photo albums to keep the place tidy and what not. If anyone wants these other options in depth I can take this How-To a little further. Now as for posting pics on these forums before the URL of the pic just place-[img]and%20at%20the%20end%20of%20the%20URL%20place[/img] and the pic will show up when you submit.[*b]
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Nice work pimpin'!

To add to it!

If you want to post up a picture form..say, another persons website... just right click on the image, click on properties at the bottom of the menu, highlight the "www.everyonesMOMSpics.com", copy it, paste it here so you ednd up with this onyour post:

The[img]and[/img] must be on every picture and are the URL tags.

Every picture must be posted in THIS FORM only.. NOT[image] [/image]
    Straight up Pimp Trollin'
    2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
    w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Good work! I usually use photobucket or cardomain to host pics. It seems cardomain has an unlimited amount for pictures.
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Coupe-good point I didn't even think about putting that up.

GTPGuy-I also use CarDomain but they are so slow sometimes its ridiculous.

I actually just came across photobucket last week and tonight was the first time I set it up and someone asked for a How To so I figured-kill two birds with one stone.
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

^ yea, plus their logo automatically gets embedded into all your pictures. :evil:
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I did notice that the first time I linked pics from CarDomain to here, I thought wow that makes the pic look retarded. Then I found PHOTOBUCKET!!

Comment

Photobucket FTW!!!!!
              I've been using that for a long time now
              2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

I just don't like the fact that it automatically resizes the images. :evil:

Comment

User you own ISP

I just use my ISP. I thing they give me 2 Gig of space and the loads are very fast. If you're paying for internet then I'm sure your own ISP will let host your own area and you won't get anyone's unwanted logo or other advertisement.
                  Jay
                  '06-G6-V6

Comment

Just for everyone here, I've set up an image gallery on one of my servers.

http://www.authenticgeeks.com/g6performance/

You can post your own albums. Upload any sized picture that you'd like to, it will resize it for you as a thumbnail.

It will display your photos as such:

1. Thumbnail
                    2. Regular view - resized
                    3. Full sized

You should also be able to link to the pictures directly from here. I have quite a bit of bandwidth available to me every month, so I'm not concerned about extra charges popping up any time soon.

sigpic
                    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

you my friend, ROCK
                      2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                      :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                      :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                      :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

I thought everyone should have a common place to put their files. It also makes it a lot easier for everyone to find G6 pictures if people start using it.

I have 2.5GB's of space, and 80GB's of bandwidth available every month.

sigpic
                        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Im going to be uploading some of my photo's of my car today!
                          Originally posted by Toyz
                          Originally posted by simplyred
                          what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                          As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

To post pictures, you need to create an album. On the top right of the page, it has a link called "My Album".

Let me know if it works for you Noah.

sigpic

Comment

Seems to be okay to me!
                              Originally posted by Toyz
                              Originally posted by simplyred
                              what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                              As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Working...
                              X