BORN2SKI's GT - Approach lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BORN2SKI's GT - Approach lighting

Just got my first car... 2006 G6 GT, black on black.

The to-do list: (updated)
    1. GM GFX kit or GXP body kit/hood
    2. Heated mirrors
    3. Tune

Here she is stock...

Mods (in order):

PX-AMG iPod adapter
    Debadge
    Tinted Tails
    Chrome lower grille accents - 7/15/2010
    Tinted: 35% front, 25% rear. Polarized. Windshield is not tinted/factory "tint" - 8/3/2010
    Red calipers - 8/11/2010
    Black headlight bezels - 8/17/2010
    Painted rims - 9/10/2010
    Some CF wrap - 9/24/2010
    Blacked grills - 10/2/2010
    Blacked chrome trim - 10/7/2010
    CRAB Option 3 - 10/26/10
    Red footwell LED's - 10/29/10
    White glovebox LED's - 11/15/10
    Redline Tuning Hood Lifts - 11/01/10
    GT-R - 12/28/10
    LED 3rd brake light - 4/7/11

In present form:

Debadged/initial light tint on tails:

Holy darkness, re-tinted tails:

Painted Headlight Bezles:
    Before (Left) / After (Right)

CF badge overlay

CF shifter wrap
    The bottom chrome ring is still to-do

Crab option 3

With a special chrome decal!

Interior LED's

Glove box LED's

Hood lifts (Thanks ratskat for selling them to me)

GT-R BABY!!! (thanks ToniCipriani)

Custom LED 3rd Brake light
    >here<

Last edited by BORN2SKI; 08-20-2011, 09:02 PM.

Progression Page - G6P Garage

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Re: BORN2SKI's GT

Nice and clean

I got the exact same car mang. But mine is a little more modified. If you have any questions please lmk. I would love to help out a fellow 06 GT sedan guy

heres a taste of mine:

Comment

welcome and nice starting mods list there
      2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
      2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
      613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
      11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
      New numbers coming soon........

Comment

welcome! Search and find my progressesion it may give u some ideas. That iPod adapter is sweet. Only hard part is taking the pass side dash out.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
        Current Mods: K&N Typhoon Air Intake System, 10000K DDM HID Lows and fogs, 6000K Highs, 18" Forte Nokturnal rims, Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 Tires, Chrome upper and lower grilles, self tinted tail lights, self painted interior pieces, RacingLine front strut tower bar, GT-R exhaust, Blue painted Calipers, Lampoon blue dart overlays, LED reverse lights, sometimes a WAMS tune,Brembo Brake Conversion, Cobalt SS rear Brake conversion, 15mm H&R Spacers, ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid, Eagle Eye CCFL Headlights, Optima Yellow top Battery, Moog Control Arms & Tie rod ends, BMD SS Brake Lines, BMD Swaybar Links, White LED Gauge Lights,

RIP
        INDIAN WARRIORS
        1926-2010

Comment

Welcome Nick. You'll find lots of helpful information here as you progress through your list of planned changes. Shiny black G6's rule.
          Mods: Lampoon's crabs under my hood (CAB and FPU w/K&N)
          Partial debadging, blackout window chrome and black overlays; Racingline FSB;
          Redline Elite Quick Lifts; HSRK; intake resonator delete

Comment

OMG, I saw the inside shot and you've got one thing in there I really do miss, that my 2009 doesn't have. ADJUSTABLE FOOT PEDALS! Man, I miss mine like crazy!

Welcome and have fun! Remember, Free Mods are the best mods! Get rid of those chrome PONTIAC, G6, & GT on the back of the car. Also the GM's on the front doors.
            "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
              OMG, I saw the inside shot and you've got one thing in there I really do miss, that my 2009 doesn't have. ADJUSTABLE FOOT PEDALS! Man, I miss mine like crazy!

Welcome and have fun! Remember, Free Mods are the best mods! Get rid of those chrome PONTIAC, G6, & GT on the back of the car. Also the GM's on the front doors.
              No work next week!!! Hopefully can get started on the de-badging atleast the GM logo's, then the rear...
              The power petals really arent that great when youre the only one driving the car but it does still help to find a better driving position i guess.

Originally posted by standfast
              Welcome Nick. You'll find lots of helpful information here as you progress through your list of planned changes. Shiny black G6's rule.
              It needs some shining...it's gone a whole week without a cleaning
              Hopefully can devote a whole day next week to just washing and waxing the outside, the inside seems to stay fairly clean .

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

Originally posted by hnda8n
                Nice and clean

I got the exact same car mang. But mine is a little more modified. If you have any questions please lmk. I would love to help out a fellow 06 GT sedan guy

heres a taste of mine:

Love the tails (or appearing to be lack-there-of) ...do you have a progression page?

Comment

Tail tint, black outs and debadges are easy and inexspensive mods. Get em done!
                  07 G6 GT Progression [traded]
                  05 Sentra S-ER Spec-V Progression

Comment

Who said 6's were made by GM?
                    FYI, hairdryer not required, just some dental floss, goo-gone, then wax.

'PONTIAC G6' is next, 'GT' is staying (for now)
                    Last edited by BORN2SKI; 03-01-2011, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Finally got and installed the PXAMG (iPod adapter), did some de-badging last week (left the Pontiac logos, and 'GT'), also finished tinting the tails, they look sweet ... but not shiny (yet). See post #1 for pics.

Comment

Added some chrome trim on the lower grilles. It looks great!
                        Total time about 45 mins and $30, well worth it!

Thanks to ratskat for the idea. Immitation is the highest form of flattery.

See post #1 for before/after pics.

Comment

Great pics. Car looks great
                          My Cardomain Page

20% all around black tint, 17” black MSR-040 rims, red calipers, 3rd brake overlay, tinted tails, black emblem overlays, front & rear Alpine speakers, 2-10" Alpine subs, 500 watt Rockford Fosgate amp
                          Mods planned soon: On hold for now
                          Future Mods: 18" MSR's, 6000K HIDs, Interior LED's, Metra kit w/ Alpine CDE-102
                          Originally posted by 1BADG6GT
                          LOL. Freakin Sara... you and your AWESOME Gyna!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BORN2SKI
                            Love the tails (or appearing to be lack-there-of) ...do you have a progression page?
                            Actually Ill be re-doing my progression thread....Just not quiet read yet.

Comment

So here is a PS of the plan...

Already done but not in pic (see post #1): debadge, chrome accent, tinted tails

Tinting this comming week (probably 35% windshield and back window, 25% all side windows)
                              Paint calipers/headlight bezels week after-ish
                              Paint rims when i get snow tires/rims
                              Last edited by BORN2SKI; 03-01-2011, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X