Stock Headers w/mid pipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Headers w/mid pipes?

Just wondering if you can buy midpipes with no cats and connect them to stock headers? Just want some extra rumble without buying headers if thats possible. plus, that way when i do headers i dont even have to buy any mid pipes
    sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Re: Stock Headers w/mid pipes?

I want to say that aftermarket mids wont connect the to stock exhaust manifolds, they'll bolt up to the flange for the exhaust going out the back but not to the manis because most headers end much further down then the stockers do--don't quote me on that though
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
      I want to say that aftermarket mids wont connect the to stock exhaust manifolds, they'll bolt up to the flange for the exhaust going out the back but not to the manis because most headers end much further down then the stockers do
      too late

Comment

lol
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I want to say that aftermarket mids wont connect the to stock exhaust manifolds, they'll bolt up to the flange for the exhaust going out the back but not to the manis because most headers end much further down then the stockers do--don't quote me on that though
          dont mids connect to the headers as they come down??
          sigpic

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Comment

correct, all I know is certain headers require their own brand of mids so depending on the brand you may have fittment issues. If the mids say they'll fit right into the stock area then you'd be fine. Where you looking for them?

Comment

correct, all I know is certain headers require their own brand of mids so depending on the brand you may have fittment issues. If the mids say they'll fit right into the stock area then you'd be fine. Where you looking for them?
              marylandspeed. i was lookin at pacesetter catless mids. since really thats just pipe anyways so who cares about brand. plus i doubt HIGHLY ill get kooks and ill prolly end up getting paceshitters anyway.
              sigpic

Comment

Kook mids bolt upto Kooks LT's atleast with G8's. PS mids probably only work with PS LT's also. I dont know how it is in the GTO world, but nobody makes a mid pipe to bolt upto the stock manifolds for the G8's.

2009 Liquid Red G8GT
                4 door mafia
                93 octane VMS ecm/tcm tune
                8000k hid's
                Solo Mach Shorty & HFC's
                Rotofab cai and radiator cover
                13.207@107.11
                330 hp/328 tq on a Mustang dyno

Comment

Originally posted by mi04se1
                  Kook mids bolt upto Kooks LT's atleast with G8's. PS mids probably only work with PS LT's also. I dont know how it is in the GTO world, but nobody makes a mid pipe to bolt upto the stock manifolds for the G8's.
                  thanks for the info...i might just have to do some investigating..
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah the PS midpipe isn't made to be used with the stock manifolds. You could gut your cats if you want a little more sound(watch out for emissions if you have them in your state)

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                    TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                    Show
                    -20% tint
                    -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                    -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Originally posted by leong6gtp
                      Yeah the PS midpipe isn't made to be used with the stock manifolds. You could gut your cats if you want a little more sound(watch out for emissions if you have them in your state)
                      no i have no testing. i do want more sound is there a how to somewhere on gutting a cat? (catalytic converter smart asses) and how tough will it be
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP
                        Originally posted by leong6gtp
                        no i have no testing. i do want more sound is there a how to somewhere on gutting a cat? (catalytic converter smart asses) and how tough will it be
                        hell all you have to do is bust up the ceramic substrate inside the cats then dump the chunks out. When are you planning on the pacesetters? I'm curious how they work out for you!

Comment

My friend has PS on his Z28 the fitment was alright and they're holding up decently but out of the box they are no where near the design quality that kooks or ARH are.

TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                          Show
                          -20% tint

Comment

^yeah thats a given. It's really too bad that Kooks doesn't have any major competition, maybe stainless works, ARH but that's about it. Its either shell out a million dollars on headers or its completely cheap crap.......ugh

Comment

Buy used then and save a few hundred.

Show
                              -20% tint

Comment

Working...
                              X