Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Headers, what brand are you guys rockin?!!??!??!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Headers, what brand are you guys rockin?!!??!??!?!?

doug thorlies with a cat back, intake and tune is good for 350 hp at the wheels. not bad considering we make 361 stock
    2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
    2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
    613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
    11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
    New numbers coming soon........

Comment

my buddy with the 402 gto has pacesetters. he says the only problem with them is the fact they only come in 1 3/4 not 1 7/8. other then that he likes them.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Originally posted by zlatsky
        my buddy with the 402 gto has pacesetters. he says the only problem with them is the fact they only come in 1 3/4 not 1 7/8. other then that he likes them.
        and thats a 402. unless you are doing MONSTER shit or FI i wouldn't worry about that 1/8 inch.
        sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

^exactly, MSpeed actually finally put a disclaimer on their website about 1 7/8th headers are only meant for built engines or FI. When used on engines with simple bolt ons you'll actually see a decrease in power. My car actually had Kooks 1 7/8th headers and the original and only owner of the car who I've met and spoken with said the headers were way too big.

So I'm thinking Pacesetters would be fine in 1 3/4 for now and when its a garage toy and weekend cruiser I'll really have some good engine work done to it then shell out the cash for Kooks.

Oh and also the comment about everyone being asses on LS1GTO is the complete truth. I haven't had it happen to me but I've seen plenty of people get ripped on. I've started plenty of threads and everyone has been very helpfull in the time I've had the goat but its still always fun to chat with the G6 crew!!
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

even though thats what the site says, there are no dyno results showing it. everyone with simple bolt ons and 1 7/8 headers made the same power if not more than the 1 3/4
            2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
            11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

Originally posted by Thebeast
              even though thats what the site says, there are no dyno results showing it. everyone with simple bolt ons and 1 7/8 headers made the same power if not more than the 1 3/4
              no you in fact make less power with 1 7/8 then you do with 1 3/4 on a stock motor. you still get a gain, just less of it.

Comment

Originally posted by zlatsky
                Originally posted by Thebeast
                no you in fact make less power with 1 7/8 then you do with 1 3/4 on a stock motor. you still get a gain, just less of it.
                This. Backpressure is still good.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
                sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

that does make sense, not necessarily losing power but just not gaining as much as you would with small bolt ons with the 1 3/4

If I went with Kooks as my first set of headers I would buy the 1 7/8th's because I do have big plans for the engine and I refuse to buy one set, have to sell them, then buy the bigger primaries later on.

Damnit I don't know what to do lol
                  TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

just save for kooks or american racing. i am. i found out doug thorley headers are a little restrictive over 500hp. it will take a few months, but it will be well worth it
                    11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

That what I did, I plan on getting a Maggie so I just got the 1 7/8 from the start. I might get a cam before the Maggie but I'll probably just save for the Maggie and then get a blower can after that .

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                      TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                      Show
                      -20% tint
                      -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                      -Professionally heated seats

Comment

^that's one hell of a plan, I'll be similar to that also which is why I don't want to buy headers again after major work. Oh well I'll probably just wait and do the bigger Kooks then

Comment

or go stepped.

Comment

^I always wanted the signature series, so they're 1 3/4 at the start of the primaries then they open up to 1 7/8th's correct? So its kind of the best of both worlds then? I've never really understood the point of the stepped primaries and everyone I've asked has no clue either lol

Comment

you get more flow and at the same time maintain backpressure.

Comment

well pending my new job on wednesday, im ordering american racing 1 7/8 header system. then later this year maybe a tvs1900 supercharger for christmas.
                                11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

Working...
                                X