Deer + G6 = A sad day for my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deer + G6 = A sad day for my car

So yesterday I am driving back to work from lunch, I only live about 5 min from so I jump on the highway and literally as soon as I reach 70, bam! This deer was hanging out on the top of the hump so it wasn't visable, it hit the front so solid and they flew into the other ditch. My grills shattered and sprayed on the highway and then I pulled over and this nice lady in a minivan asked if I was ok. A couple really weird things about the accident...
    1. It was midday, kind of a weird time to hit a deer
    2. The airbags didn't deploy
    3. There was no evidence of the deer afterwards except for the deer hair stuck to my bumper

Anyway I have the car in the shop right now, talked to my insurance today they think 5 grand but they cant look at the motor yet since its so crunched right now up front. I will keep you guys updated...

Re: Deer + G6 = A sad day for my car

mine didn't deploy when I nailed a deer mainly prob due to the body hitting hood and not bumper

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

"Wheel gap can be compared to a vaginaa. The more fingers you can stick in the worse off you are. "

Comment

sorry to hear about your incident.....Glad you didn't get hurt. It's amazing how those deer can do so much damage to a vehicle and then be gone in an instant!
      "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

you probably killed the deer. 3,000+ vehicle traveling at 70mph= dead. reason your airbag didnt go off, is because your airbag sensors werent hit. I believe there is 4 in the front bumper area. the G6 doesnt look totaled (depending how much the car is worth and how much the repair cost). motor looks ok. looks like everything was pushed up to that point. over all not to bad. Im sure its going to cost more the $5,000 to fix. probably closer to $8,000

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
        Originally posted by ahuhn
        so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by cookiemonster17
          mine didn't deploy when I nailed a deer mainly prob due to the body hitting hood and not bumper

Yeah my hood got pretty bent, sounds like you hit about the same spot as me...

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
          sorry to hear about your incident.....Glad you didn't get hurt. It's amazing how those deer can do so much damage to a vehicle and then be gone in an instant!
          Yeah that's the first thing I thought of, had I swerved to the right, bad news there was a big drop off. I am not saying the deer didn't get killed, but no blood, nothing on the road, it was strange.

Originally posted by snowmanG6
          you probably killed the deer. 3,000+ vehicle traveling at 70mph= dead. reason your airbag didnt go off, is because your airbag sensors werent hit. I believe there is 4 in the front bumper area. the G6 doesnt look totaled (depending how much the car is worth and how much the repair cost). motor looks ok. looks like everything was pushed up to that point. over all not to bad. Im sure its going to cost more the $5,000 to fix. probably closer to $8,000
          Yeah I don't think it's totaled either, unless engine is seriously damaged. I wasn't able to restart the vehicle after the accident, wasn't sure if that was a safety feature or if something was busted. Car only has 26,000 miles so I think it's unlikely it will be totaled, but I did look today online would probably still replace with a G6, maybe a GTP or GXP.

Comment

Definitely sucks. I barely clipped a deer 5 years ago in my Intrepid, it barely bounced off my hood and it did $2,000 in damage.

You won't see blood when you hit a deer usually. It will run off and then die in the woods, they do it even with broken leg.
            Blue 2008 G6 GT Sedan-Sold

In its place- Fully loaded Black 2013 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi V8

Originally posted by zlatsky
            I <3 Cody.

No homo.
            i <3 cody

lots of homo

Comment

Deer are everywhere here.
              Call me superstitious but....
              Have you ever heard of an Ugly Doll?
              I bought one that is a Deer. It wards off other deer.

Absolutely no one ever looks up and notices him there.
              So far he has done his job admirably.

Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
              Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
              WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Let me be the first to say..... w.....t.... f
                Blue 2008 G6 GT Sedan-Sold

In its place- Fully loaded Black 2013 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi V8

I <3 Cody.

No homo.
                i <3 cody

lots of homo

Comment

and ill be the second......w.....t......f........

Comment

is it some type of deer voodoo stuff?

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                    so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Sorry to hear about your accident... Atleast your ok...

... And Pooners... WTF???

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
                      I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

Im glad your ok man.

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon
                          Deer are everywhere here.
                          Call me superstitious but....
                          Have you ever heard of an Ugly Doll?
                          I bought one that is a Deer. It wards off other deer.

Absolutely no one ever looks up and notices him there.
                          So far he has done his job admirably.

Kinda looks like those Ravin Rabbids w/ a deer costume....

Comment

robert that's epic

the front look pretty far pushed back. i wonder if the exhaust mani is dented.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

the front look pretty far pushed back. i wonder if the exhaust mani is dented.
                              its gonna take alot of pulling. your frame horns are most likely pushed back. could have the frame horn that mounts to the crossmember bent up. mani is most likely dented or bent. downpipe possible. i agree its probably closer to 8 grandish damagewise. maybe even 9 because the engine will most likely need fixed, probably ruined the motor mount also. core support is going to need pulled. possible wiring issues and radiator hose issues. thats quite a bit of damage haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X