Deer + G6 = A sad day for my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Deer + G6 = A sad day for my car

they will most likely replace the whole front clip (windshield forward body wise), replace the needed engine parts and probably some suspension parts.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
    Originally posted by ahuhn
    so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon
      Deer are everywhere here.
      Call me superstitious but....
      Have you ever heard of an Ugly Doll?
      I bought one that is a Deer. It wards off other deer.

Absolutely no one ever looks up and notices him there.
      So far he has done his job admirably.

That is awesome!!! it's the trunk monkeys bf...

2009 G6 GXP 3.6L Mods: Window tint 20% back, 35% front, CRAB intake, intake resonator delete...Future Mods Debadge, Tinted Tails, hid headlights, custom catback exhaust

R.I.P 2006 Charger RT

HELLO 2009 PONTIAC G8 GT: fully loaded, black and red leather, 6.0 L76
      rear muff delete, superchips 91performance tune

Comment

Yikes that sucks.
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/MidnightLS

"Peace, Love, Speed"

Comment

Originally posted by hnda8n
          Im glad your ok man.
          Thanks everyone for the well wishes, yeah I actually feel really lucky and there are a lot more G6's out there My only concern now is once it gets fixed how it runs and how this will effect the resale value (I have only had it a year and a few months) so plenty to still payoff. This is my third incident with a deer. 10 years ago a deer ran onto the road and dented my hood (looked like an ass print) and then broke my side mirror. About 5 years ago there was a pack of deer on the highway at night and I swerved and spun into the median without any damage...So I figure another 5 years and I am due again...

Maybe I should invest in a bucktoothed deer mascot....

Comment

Originally posted by dringle2
            or some of these CLICKY

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
            so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6
              or some of these CLICKY
              The SAV-A-LIFE Deer-Alert® was found to be over 80% effective on deer, bears, elks, and skunks
              Haha bears....

Comment

The SAV-A-LIFE Deer-Alert® was found to be over 80% effective on deer, bears, elks, and skunks
                Haha bears....
                yah all but one I would swerve for. I would rather spin out then hit a bear, elk or skunk (cause of the stench)

Comment

That blows man, i had a similar accident like that, it involved my (former car) Grand Prix, a Deer, my stupid Polish friend, a truck, snow,3am in Nowhere vermont, a dead flashlight a bottle of Jack Daniels and a Blow up doll!!!

(haha JK about the jack daniels and the Blow up doll) but seriously good luck to you man, your electronics might be fucked up, mine were for years even after it got fixed 6 times in a 3 yr period unless you get the whole front end rewired
                  http://www.ice-squad.com

Comment

Originally posted by JoMaMMa
                    That blows man, i had a similar accident like that, it involved my (former car) Grand Prix, a Deer, my stupid Polish friend, a truck, snow,3am in Nowhere vermont, a dead flashlight a bottle of Jack Daniels and a Blow up doll!!!

(haha JK about the jack daniels and the Blow up doll) but seriously good luck to you man, your electronics might be fudge up, mine were for years even after it got fixed 6 times in a 3 yr period unless you get the whole front end rewired
                    Do you think the electronics were messed up because they don't know everything that's broken so they don't fix everything?

Comment

Wiring issues are a bitch. One teeny wire could cause alot of issues.
                      Blue 2008 G6 GT Sedan-Sold

In its place- Fully loaded Black 2013 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi V8

Originally posted by zlatsky
                      I <3 Cody.

No homo.
                      i <3 cody

lots of homo

Comment

Just got off the phone with repair shop...Apparentely Progressive only gave them enough to fix with aftermarket parts, but according to the guy on the phone he is going to "take care of me" and order GM parts instead and they will cover the difference. So far so good...Also about 2 weeks to repair he is estimating so we'll see...

Comment

Comment

thing about wiring is it might not look damaged, but one little chafe down to the conductor against some metal will fuck shit up, thats what happened to my grand prix. it was fine for 3 weeks after my accident but the traction control and anti lock brakes started failing and shutting off randomly and eventually permanently. came to find out, it wasent grounded properly after my wreak and a little cut in the wire for the TCS was rubbin against the frame. that killed the system

long story shot, make sure the wiring gets checked
                            http://www.ice-squad.com

Comment

I thought my deer hit was bad! That sux man.

After I got mine back from the shop the ac system started making a rattling sound and still is.
                              sigpic
                              Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

So as of Monday it will be officially 3 weeks without my car...I have been parading around in a mini-van since and it is seriously driving me nuts. The really irriating part is I called last week and they said "it will be done early next week". So I wait until Wednesday and call for an update and they tell me they needed to replace a hose and they expect it done Thursday afternoon. Then I get a call from them Thursday and they tell me the part took longer than they thought and it would be in this morning and I should have it ready by now. So I call a few minutes ago as its getting late and they tell me "oh everything is basically together but we don't have a Tech around so maybe it will be done on Tuesday". Seriously?? Talk about frusterating, plus I have some new G6 mats and carbon dart overlays that have just been sitting in my livingroom for a few days now reminding me.....Rant completed.

Comment

Working...
                                X