Dyno+Intake+Tune+Exhaust=Nice Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno+Intake+Tune+Exhaust=Nice Power

Got the car dynoed today. 3 pulls and 3 of the same results. the car was very consistent.
    HP-303
    Torque-333
    Intake temperature was 98.
    Tuner was impressed with just a plug in tuner being capable of these numbers with all timing and temperatures looking good.
    cant wait for longtube headers next year
    2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
    2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
    613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
    11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
    New numbers coming soon........

Re: Dyno+Intake+Tune+Exhaust=Nice Power

Nice dude! Now put some numbers up at the track and show that thing killing fools.
    "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

What type of Dyno???

Typically you should be getting around 300whp stock.. maybe 280-300.
      2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
      Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
      2005 CGM GTO.
      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Around 286 is stock. Might have thought you would have more but 17 whp from stock is a pretty good increase.
        My Car Domain
        Vector 93 ECM/TCM Dyno tune, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 235/50/18 , RacingLine Motor Mounts & Strut Bar, R1 Premium drilled rotors, Custom Exhaust w/ 4" tips, Inchannel Rain Guards, Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade, GXP rear bumper, 15% Ceramic Tint, Blue Calipers, Blue Dart Overlays, Upper Window & Lower Grill Chrome, Side GTP Emblems, Chrome Door Locks, 8k HID Head & Fogs, Pioneer Head Unit, Rockford Door Speakers

Comment

Wow. They must have a greater loss. LS2 GTO's will put down like 330-340whp (15-17% drivetrain loss).
          G8 Was advertised as 362hp, 380ft-lb. If it was 15%, that should be 300+whp and 315-320ft-lb...
          Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms

2005 CGM GTO.
          386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
          2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Stock HP: 304.8@5700
            Stock TQ 315.3@4600

that was a dyno on stock g8 at vector motorsports.... but depends on dyno too though...
            Mods: Intake resonator removed GTR Exhaust 30% Tint Front 15% Back Crab Intake WAMS 93 octane tune RLP street motor mounts, Debaged, Destriped, and Dashhawk. Infinity Kappa door speakers, Kicker cvx 12, Pioneer AVH-3200 BT Deck, Kicker 700.5 amp

Comment

Yea. Type is the biggest thing (Dynojet, Superflow, Dynopack, Mustang... etc)
              and how the person sets it is the second most.

Those #'s are what i would expect to see.

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

typical loss for a g8 is 17%.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

mustang dyno. they calibrate it everytime the use it. also weather here in florida is not that great. over 100 last 4 days and humidity is horrible.
                  car was very healthy and sounded great. i was expecting a little higher numbers. but he told me that the runs were great and normal and that put me around 400 at the motor. so 40hp over stock is alright for me considering i only spent $1000 to make the car competely different then what it was.
                  soon headers will be installed and that will put me around 350 to 360 at the wheels with a proper hptuners tune.
                  all in all, great day.
                  i waited for another g8 to show up, and he had just a vararam intake and hptuners tune and he only put down 298 and 328. so i guess its the dyno.
                  also in the shop was a challeneger with the motor pulled for a bottom up build including vortech supercharger looking for 650 at the wheels. was a beautiful car

just read a post on the g8 forum. on a dyno jet and precision motorsports of florida, a g8 with cold air intake, corsa catback and long tube headers put down 326hp, 346torque. my numbers seem pretty good then
                  2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
                  11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

heres a link i found of a g8 on the same brand of dyno
                    11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

Vids??
                      GMPP Cat-Back Exhaust, MMS Headers, 3" DP with Electric cutout, Full CRAB Intake, RacingLine Street Motor Mounts, NRG Engine Damper, RacingLine Strut Tower Bar, Vector 91 ECM/TCM Tune/HSRK, R1Concept Brakes, HAWK Ceramic Pads, DW's 245/45/18 with TC Wheels, Poly. Sway Bar Bushings, 6000K HID's Lows & Fogs 35watts & 55watts 6,000K Hi-beams

Future: Slicks for the track & Maybe alittle Nitrous

Comment

Nice bro.

and of the Challenger.
                        Mods: Tint, Resonator Delete, K&N Filter, GT-R Exhaust, GXP rear bumper, Debadged

Comment

my camera was dead. trust me. i was pissed too. i will take pics and videos when i go back. especially when im ready for a real dyno tune.
                          the challenger was a 5.7 hemi. engine was removed and getting fully built. had aftermarket gran turismo brembos-6 piston all the way around. definately was a sick car and wasnt even done
                          11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

Damn. Must be nice.
                            Mods: Tint, Resonator Delete, K&N Filter, GT-R Exhaust, GXP rear bumper, Debadged

Comment

Working...
                            X