Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best this year? What is your best overall?
    Blue Man Group Member #22 '06 GTP Sedan 6MT Electric Blue Lease trade in
    Now, 04 GP Comp G White: Tint, STB's, Intake, Trans cooler, Overkilled, HID's, and a few other misc. things.

Comment

Don't forget about candlepin bowling. Man, I miss that. I don't get to do that out in Kansas and no one has ever heard of it out here so I sound like an idiot explaining it.

Comment

What's candlepin bowling?

Comment

Candlepin bowling? I know I've heard it and possibly even did it in a league when I was younger, but I forget. What the hell is it?
          2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

Jeez...it's been a long time, but here are the differences I can tell you

1) The ball is much smaller...about the size of a bocce ball if you've ever played that.

2) The pins are skinny. There may be more pins, not sure though...I can't remember.

3) Your scores will be much lower. haha

Comment

Are you talking about 5 pin bowling?

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                Are you talking about 5 pin bowling?
                No, a lot more pins than that(10). Google it.

Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candlepin_bowling

Comment

Wow, I've heard about it before, never played it or seen a place that has had it, but one hell of a way to do scoring! I think I'll stick with the traditional way of bowling.
                  Blue Man Group Member #22 '06 GTP Sedan 6MT Electric Blue Lease trade in
                  Now, 04 GP Comp G White: Tint, STB's, Intake, Trans cooler, Overkilled, HID's, and a few other misc. things.

Comment

Best ever score:221
                    Best score this year:192(and that was a lucky game, lol)
                    I haven't been bowling much at all this year, have to get back into it. I got a new ball for christmas. It is clear and has a wheel and tire inside of it.
                    Originally posted by TLS2000
                    It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

I got my first 300 game when I was 13. I got 2 more and multiple 299 and 298s. When I was 15, maybe 16 I came second in the state for junior bowling. I used to bowl between 20-30 games a week, now I bowl about 3 games every other week. I still average between 205-225 depending on what league I sub for.

Comment

Originally posted by noRulez
                        Don't forget about candlepin bowling. Man, I miss that. I don't get to do that out in Kansas and no one has ever heard of it out here so I sound like an idiot explaining it.
                        lol i thought candelpin was a northern thing. its all they do in new england.

candlepin is similar to "regular" bowling except they don't clear the fallen pins between the first and second rolls on the same frame, the balls are smaller (about the size of a grapefruit..they are palmed and thrown as opposed to sicking fingers/thumbs into the balls [yes i realize how many sexual references are in this post but please try and stay focused]) and the pins are shaped differently than regular bowling.

candlepin bowling pins (and ball):

Comment

my best ever game was a 136 which was really funny cause i beat my friend(who was on the school bowling team) by 6 pins after i had been down 50 pins in the 5th frame

it was so funny that i still to this day have the score sheet
                          im andy my friend was lindsey

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                          Originally posted by snowmanG6
                          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Working...
                          X