Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf is a game that can't be won, only played -- I think that's the quote from Vaggar Bance. And that 's about the way I go at it.

For 9 holes (which is what I usually get to play) I'm in the upper 40s depending on the course, and usually in the 90s when I get to play 18.

Last time I played was March in Florida with my son-in-law. He's a great player and a good coach -- thanks to his tips I hit my first hole-in-one on a 165-yard par 3 over some water.

I haven't played since because of some shoulder problems the doc doesn't want me aggrevating, but I'm going to try to get in another round when I get to Florida again in the next few weeks.
    (Rev) Greg :: 2006 Fusion Orange GTP Coupe auto - 35% tint - MPD hood - Razzi wing- Dr. Speed CAB - GTR exhaust - GM STB - caliper paint/decals - mesh lower grilles - more to come

Comment

i have started playing a lot more now that i am living in the south. we play almost every friday morning. i need to update my equipment real bad. over the winter i will probably be getting new irons, woods, and a new bag.

Comment

i bought a new driver yesterday and played 18 and been to the driving range twice already and i can't get this damn slice out of my swing. i am pretty sure the driver i bought is too short, so i need to look into either lengthening it (if that is even possible) or selling it and getting a longer one. my buddy wants to play another 18 tomorrow and i may try to hit the range again before we tee off and see if i can work something out. it's driving me batshit crazy though

Comment

You need to be fitted for clubs.
          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
          Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
          Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
          20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

yeah i know. i am 6'3" and the irons i use are 1" longer than standard mens clubs anyway. the reason i haven't bought new irons yet is because i want to get a lesson and have someone analyze my swing and maybe set me up with a shaft, flex, and club head that would work for me and then get them fit to my size and grip and everything. that will take some time though, and i needed a driver now.

Comment

You can get your driver lengthened. Get it regripped, and they will put a piece of wood at the end. Be forwarned, this 1"-2" sucks when putting your clubs in the trunk.

I went out yesterday and shot the worst game since I was 13. 122.
              BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
              ^ The Man
              v The Legend

Comment

Originally posted by jonnycat
                You can get your driver lengthened. Get it regripped, and they will put a piece of wood at the end. Be forwarned, this 1"-2" sucks when putting your clubs in the trunk.

Ouch. And you can't even blame it on the weather yesterday.

Comment

i just recently had a 50 inch shaft put on my driver....but i'm 6'9" so it actually looks normal...it would look hilarious on someone like 5'6"...but i love it bc i drive about 350yds
                  -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                  Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

i hate to be the one to say this....but that's a pretty large shaft

i dunno what my driver will end up being. my irons are only 1" longer than standard i believe. my driver will need at least that. i can tell because i hold it and it hovers above the damn tee

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                      Originally posted by jonnycat

Ouch. And you can't even blame it on the weather yesterday.
                      Weather was perfect, but I did spend saturday helping my neighbour move.
                      BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                      ^ The Man
                      v The Legend

Comment

Official Golf Thread

In order to keep the Sports section orderly, I have setup this thread for any discussions pertaining to Golf.

PGA
                        LPGA
                        Ect....
                        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Golf = Lame.

Discuss?

Hey.. anyone think Tiger Woods ACTUALLY drives a Buick on everyday occasion?
                          Straight up Pimp Trollin'
                          2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
                          w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

yep

and just to bring topic to this

anyone hit the taylormade r5 series stuff?

i crush the ball with it...havent hit the r7 yet, it is to high tech for my swing, but makes me wonder

Comment

I've got a box of r5's in my bag froma company golf outing last week.. haven't tried em yet. I still golf with a Srixon HR-X 333. These wer ethe shiznit in like... 2004, lol.

...Oh shit... I mena.. I hate err.. golf...
                              Straight up Pimp Trollin'
                              2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
                              w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

hit them man...or if you are interesting in selling let me know about the 3 wood if you have it

smack taht thing a consistent 250

Comment

Working...
                                X