This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Baseball Thread

In order to keep the Sports section orderly, I have setup this thread for any discussions pertaining to Baseball.

MLB
    Minor League
    Ect...
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Pitch Speed

So...who else thinks that the Fox Sports pitch speedometer is way off?

There is absolutely NO WAY all these Tigers pitchers are throwing 100+ mph that often. I think they had Verlander throwing 97+ for like 5 straight innings - doesn't happen. Also, their reliever who just got injured they clocked at 103!?! The only pitcher I've ever seen get that high is Randy Johnson back in the day because he's got a rocket arm and he's like 7 ft. tall.

I think one of the coaches even said something about it that "they seem to be a little off."
    Mike III
    '06 Electric Blue GTP

Dr. Speed CAB w/S&B, 20% Marquise Tint
    Next Up - Strut Bar, Lowering Springs, GT-R

Comment

ummm verlander has been throwing that fast all year...not just when fox plays his games

and just cause dude is shorter doesnt mean he cant throw that fast

Comment

Ummmm

Ummmm ok buddy. I believe that Verlander has been throwing fast, but not THAT FAST for THAT LONG.

There's no way that other dude is pitching 103. No F'ing way.
        Mike III
        '06 Electric Blue GTP

Comment

so randy johnson can do it....but this guy cant?

Comment

Mother FUckin Tiger's for the Mother Truckin' World Series Winners bisches!
            Straight up Pimp Trollin'
            2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
            w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Originally posted by revgregd
              I grew up in SE Michigan and one of my favorite teams of all times was the '68 Tigers. So while I realize it would be quite a surprise to see either team get to the World Series ...

GO Cards! - GO Tigers!
              AMAZING! I would never have guessed this would actually happen ...
              (Rev) Greg :: 2006 Fusion Orange GTP Coupe auto - 35% tint - MPD hood - Razzi wing- Dr. Speed CAB - GTR exhaust - GM STB - caliper paint/decals - mesh lower grilles - more to come

Comment

i guess kenny rogers must have accidentally slipped and fell in pine tar...then noticed it on his hand and washed it off in between innings
                -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

agreed

Comment

Comment

Didn't you hear? It was just a clump of dirt that he didn't even notice

Whatever, he seemed to pitch better without it anyways.
                      Mike III
                      '06 Electric Blue GTP

Comment

Yeh he is lights out right now, with or without help

however if it was pine tar, or something else illegal, then he should of been thrown (meaning he didnt pitch the next 7 innings of shutout ball) and the cardinals could of rocked the replacement pitcher

but doesnt matter because baseball isnt a sport to punish players

Comment

Bump ... WS is back! Does anyone not from St. Louis or Detroit even care?
                          (Rev) Greg :: 2006 Fusion Orange GTP Coupe auto - 35% tint - MPD hood - Razzi wing- Dr. Speed CAB - GTR exhaust - GM STB - caliper paint/decals - mesh lower grilles - more to come

Comment

im not watching

but ill check the box score tomorrow

Comment

i'm rooting for stl since i do a lot of business there
                              -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                              Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Working...
                              X