Bambamm's 2009 G6GT: First Page Shows All Mods w/Dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bambamm's 2009 G6GT: First Page Shows All Mods w/Dates

1st Mod: 5/30, I pulled off the stock tail lights and put on the LED Tail Lights. Picture isn't too clear, but it will do for now.

2nd Mod: 6/2, Wheels/Tires & Eiback Lowering Kit, DONE! Swapped out the mouldings at the doors. Notice no chrome on the door moulding??

3rd Mod: 6/3, Put on the Front Pipe Upgrade. I made a slightly larger hole and popped the vacuum tube into the hole and sealed the penetration around it. I've gotta take the male portion of the stock vacuum connection off the stock intake, and then seal it to the silicone bend that goes to the throttle body! How's it Look?

4th Mod: 6/5, Got the Full CRAB Option #3 installed. It took some modification, but I got it. No CEL, yet, and I've ran it like this since Saturday morning. Kept every stock part this time, if I ever need to take it to the dealer for warranty work, luckily it's easy to put back into place. I am going to assemble a make shift filter, for the tube going out the back, I took the little thing I had in its place off for pictures.

5th Mod: 6/7, Strut Tower Bar

6th: Windows Tinted!!!!!!!!

7th & 8th: Intake Resonator Deleted and HID's from DDM Tuning Installed.....read below about the DDM HID Lights, too

8th continued: HID'S installed. DDM Tuning, what's supposed to be 8000k bulbs.....
    No HID Pictures yet! So i put the first HID bulb in and twisted it, SNAP, went one of the tabs. JUST PHUCKING GREAT, RIGHT!!! It's ok, it's good and secure......Put the second one in and you'll never guess..........SNAP, TWO PHUCKING TABS THIS TIME.....Luckily I still have the 1 good HID bulb from the other car, so I went to my office and put it on. GREAT, RIGHT, NOT REALLY! While putting the bulbs on, I noticed the filament isn't the same color as the ones I had installed on the gold one. THEY SENT ME 6000K, I'm sure of it, cause you can totally tell the difference in the lights. I'll take a photo and post it tonight or tomorrow. DDM must either think people are ignorant or just dont know any better? I'm going down to San Diego next weekend to see my brother and MAYBE ERIK, TOO!!!!! I'm thinking about making a trip over to DDM Tuning so they can swap out both of my bulbs for me.

9th: Debadged all but the Pontiac Arrows, I'm going to do the Carbon Fiber Overlay that I had done on the Gold G6.

10th: Carbon Fiber Overlays on rear pontiac arrow and the Key Hole for the trunk!

11th: Got My Plates Back On The Ride!

12th: Dual Valence.......

13th: GTR Installed.

14th: AIT Front Bumper Installed. Pete needed some cash and so we swapped front bumpers and some flow! Thanks again Pete.
    New Pictures, Edit Completed on 2/11/2011:
    Washed and Clean, Darlene, you'll love the wheels here!

AND THERE YOU HAVE IT, New Pictures in a Clean G6GT, 50,600 miles. I've had it less than a year, I got it with 26,700 on it. Some might say I drive alot, sure do, but I drive with a smile as wide as the Missouri River.

3/28/2011: just over 55,550 miles. Car has sat for 4 days, waiting on that UE check, hopefully this Friday or Saturday. I did finally take the last few dollars out the savings for a tank of gas, here is the cold start w/gtr. 3rd cat removed, 2009, 3.5vvt, has a 3rd, non sensored/monitored cat, yes, ya'll!

Bambamm!
    Last edited by BAMBAMM; 03-28-2011, 08:21 PM. Reason: Cold Start Video w/gtr added 3/28/2011
    "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Re: Bambamm's NEW G6: The Beginning 6/1/2010

nice bam, good luck swapping everything over, is she brand new or used?

Comment

She is used, with 26,343.

Comment

Honestly I like this color better.... But it was nice to see a rare gold modified G6... GL with this one BAM!!

btw what parts are you switching over??

Comment

congrats on the new ride ... can you tell any difference going from the LX9 to the LZ4?

Comment

All parts that can be swapped out. Today's mods are going to be:
            Springs
            Motor Mount Inserts(if possible)
            cquence brake pads and rotors(if possible)
            Wheels and Tires(gotta get new TPMS vavle stems for the Wheels)
            Head Unit and Metra Kit. Don't know about installing it yet, cause I've got the OnStar and XM with the Monsoon system. Might have to sell that stuff to Pete.

Once I get those items completed, I'll take the CRAB assembly out and leave the car for pick up by the insurnace company.

As far as telling the difference, I've been very very kind to the new vehicle, I haven't even red lined it, and probably won't till after I get it modified again. However, there is a world of difference in how the new one rides, rides so smooth and I don't have all the used feeling like the gold one!

Comment

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
              All parts that can be swapped out. Today's mods are going to be:
              Springs
              Motor Mount Inserts(if possible)
              cquence brake pads and rotors(if possible)
              Wheels and Tires(gotta get new TPMS vavle stems for the Wheels)
              Head Unit and Metra Kit. Don't know about installing it yet, cause I've got the OnStar and XM with the Monsoon system. Might have to give that stuff to Pete.
              Sweet!

I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

anyone have knowledge of the exhaust?????
                I've got the 2.5" from the cat back on the gold G6, I'm assuming I'd be able to pull it off and put it on the new G6, right, or should I just pull it off anyway?

Comment

Awesome man congrats... I am glad to see you got the big 3.5! We now pretty much have the same 6.
                  Custom Flowmaster Exhaust- CRAB Heat Shield- Tiger Ram- Painted Cals- Painted Grills- Eibach ProKit- Racingline S/B- Racingline G/K- Injen Air Intake- Spyder Headlights w/ DDM 5000k Lows- DDM 5000k Fogs- Plasti-Dip Solstice Wheels w/ 5mm Spacers/ Painted- Painted Intake Manifold- Hood Spacers- RotorPros Front/ Rear D/S Rotors- BMD-P Fr. Endlinks- BMD-P SS Brake Lines...

Progression:
                  http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18485

Comment

Originally posted by JGP21
                    Awesome man congrats... I am glad to see you got the big 3.5! We now pretty much have the same 6.
                    All 3 of us do... BTW are you attending the meet in 2 weeks???

I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

Nice man, I can't wait to see all the parts swapped over.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

Comment

good god man... get to work!

Comment

Congrats Bam!

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                          G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

The only way I'm able to keep the GTP wheels is to just swap them, cause I just don't have extra cash to dismount 8 tires and swap out the sensors today! I gotta give up the car tomorrow.

Comment

READ THE TPMS THREAD... NAO!

Comment

Working...
                              X