X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official Auto Racing Thread aka NASCAR

Engine woes for Hendrick stable
    HMS plays it safe by swapping out their engines in Gatorade Duels practice.
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Yup, better to do it now then sitting in the garage after 25 laps.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
      Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

gatorade duels tomorrow.. Told my boss im burnin a half day tomorrow

Yay!

ut O, i need to get beer!
        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I've got the day off. I'm contemplating going.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
          Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

If i leave now, drive home, get the GTO, head straight to your house, i might just make it in time!

Comment

G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
              Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
              Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
              20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by ElecBlueG6GT

Poor essie! Gotta deal with me and my bro tomorrow on V-day

Comment

Bring her something good man. I'm already all paid up!
                  G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                  Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                  Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.

Comment

Have I ever mentioned Hendrick is my maiden name? It's very distant, but it's there... My grandma told me the family connection once, but I can't remember how it goes. It's like 12th cousins twice removed or something stupid... It's on my grandfather's side somehow or another...

Anyhoo. That is all.

Edit: Nope I lied. I remembered something else. Dale Jr & I have the same birthday. Only he's a year older than me.

GOOOOOOOO JR!

Now. THAT is all.

Comment

I'd hate to be inside your head.
                      That was just scary.
                      G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888

Comment

That is all. I think I'm gonna go over to the track and see what kinda trouble I can get into.

Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by ElecBlueG6GT
                            I'd hate to be inside your head.
                            That was just scary.
                            I know.

Comment

Watched most of the truck race tonight.. The boss lady made me miss the last 15 laps.. Wonder if it was a good end??

Comment

DAYTONA 500

WHEN: Sunday, 11 a.m.

TV/RADIO: Check local listings
                                TOP FIVE DAYTONA 500s

1959: The inaugural proved to be an indicator of how close the racing would be here. Lee Petty and Johnny Beauchamp finished door-to-door, and it took three days for NASCAR to declare Petty the winner.

1976: Richard Petty and David Pearson bounced off one another and crashed across the finish line with Pearson steering his wrecked car into Victory Lane.

1979: Perhaps the most significant of all Daytona races. It was the first flag-to-flag network television coverage with Richard Petty beating Darrell Waltrip and Indy car star A.J. Foyt to the line for his sixth Daytona 500 win. The larger headlines came from the backstretch, however, where brothers Donnie and Bobby Allison and Cale Yarborough were involved in a fist fight. The photograph of Bobby Allison wrestling Yarborough to the ground is one of NASCAR's most famous.

1997: At 25, Jeff Gordon became the youngest winner and ushered in a new generation of NASCAR drivers, who earned big paychecks, maintained a high national profile and served as sophisticated marketing partners for the Fortune 500 companies that wanted to be a part of the once regional sport.

2001: The sport's most famous driver, Dale Earnhardt, was killed in the final turn on the last lap. Michael Waltrip snapped a 15-year winless streak to earn his first victory. The sport underwent massive safety upgrades in reaction to Earnhardt's death.
                                G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888

Comment

Working...
                                X