X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20" rims, look good? or no?

I was thinking about getting them painted black with the lip chrome

Re: 20" rims, look good? or no?

depends where the lip starts i guess. are those little rivety things going to be black or silver?
    sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Not a fan of g6 rims bigger than 19", it just looks out of place because the g6 wasnt made to look gangsta. They should look better though once they are painted black.
      2008 Black GT Sedan
      20% front tint, 5% rear, 50% whole windshield/GTR exhaust/blacked out tails/black projectors with HID/crab fenderwall intake/
      gxp wheels/red calipers/black arrowheads/12" Kenwood subwoofer/MSU license plate bracket and chrome S

Comment

Too big IMO, looks like a donk.
        2007 Chevy Tahoe, full color match, LTZ wheels, 2.5" front and 1" rear lift, 33X12 Nitto Terra Grapler, 8000K HIDs, remote reverse light switch

2004 Yamaha R6, hot bodies flushmount signals, MOTOdynamic smoked integrated LED taillight, custom 08 shorty exhaust, custom fender eliminator, smoked double bubble windscreen, color matched seat cowl, removed passenger pegs. 1/4 mile: 10.8 at 131(wasn't supposed to exceed 120 bc I didn't have leather pants, could have easily done under 10.5 but they kicked me out for going too fast)

Comment

Originally posted by bluecoupeguy
          Too big IMO, looks like a pos.

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP
            depends where the lip starts i guess. are those little rivety things going to be black or silver?
            i must agree with him ... they do kind of look out of place.. maybe they would look a little better if they were another color .. or some color that goes with your car

Comment

20" rims don't look bad on a G6. When people get into the 22" rims, it starts to look like a donk. I have 20s on my G6 and IMO it looks perfectly normal.

2005 Granite Metallic G6 GT: 5% Tint all around, 20" chrome rims (don't remember the company), black emblem overlays, black calipers by Duplicolor, 2-12" MTX subs (getting rid of), MTX Amp, debadged
              Working on: Color matched headlights, interior pieces and side mirror caps (paint ordered)
              Future Mods: 20" black ADR Propulsion, Eibach lowering kit, DDM HIDs 6000k, tint tails, Pioneer AVH-P3200

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShaunG6GT
                Not a fan of g6 rims bigger than 19", it just looks out of place because the g6 wasnt made to look gangsta. They should look better though once they are painted black.
                I have to agree, I see absolutely no reason any car should have rims bigger then 19"

I swear to god every Dodge full size car-Charger, Magnum, Challenger ALL have bigger then 20"s, most of them have 22"s here in AZ. They look retarded but yet everyone thinks they're so cool lol
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I agree that 20" do not go on EVERY car, but I think they look fine on the G6 as long as you get the right ones. I've had mine on my car for almost 5 years and honestly they start to look small after a while. Just my two cents. To each his own though I guess.
                  2005 Granite Metallic G6 GT: 5% Tint all around, 20" chrome rims (don't remember the company), black emblem overlays, black calipers by Duplicolor, 2-12" MTX subs (getting rid of), MTX Amp, debadged
                  Working on: Color matched headlights, interior pieces and side mirror caps (paint ordered)
                  Future Mods: 20" black ADR Propulsion, Eibach lowering kit, DDM HIDs 6000k, tint tails, Pioneer AVH-P3200

sigpic

Comment

IMO 20s can be pulled off on a 6 if they're not a blinged out style and the car is lowered with some sort of body or lip kit.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

Comment

No. They're ghetto fabulous, get a new set and drop down a size.

-Chris-
                      -2003 Pontiac Grand Am GT Sedan-
                      MP Racing CAI/Mangaflow High Flow Cat/Flowmaster 80 series w/glasspack resonator/MSD ignition: 8.5mm wires and coils/Black housing headlights/tinted GT tails and 3rd light/17" ROH Adrenalin's/235/45 R17 General Exclaim UHP tires/Baer Decela Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/ceramic pads/6000K HID's/dual post mirror swap/SC/T spoiler/20% tint

There's a Grand Am on your G6 site. lul

Comment

tell them all to stfu....

I like 20s

I am not a fan of that style/pattern but if you got them black with a crhome lip yea... that would be nice!

Comment

theres a new guy on cardomain wit 24's

"Wheel gap can be compared to a vaginaa. The more fingers you can stick in the worse off you are. "

Comment

Originally posted by tcallahan
                            20" rims don't look bad on a G6. When people get into the 22" rims, it starts to look like a donk.
                            Then you need a lift kit, and I don't know where one would find that!
                            "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
                              Originally posted by tcallahan
                              20" rims don't look bad on a G6. When people get into the 22" rims, it starts to look like a donk.
                              Then you need a lift kit, and I don't know where one would find that!

Shit there is still debate about a decent lowering kit.... Someone call skyjacker... I want to put 33's

Comment

Working...
                              X