• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 20" rims, look good? or no?

done a couple more things since then. Dropping it this winter

Comment

Originally posted by auquier View Post
      The only reason I didn't get 20" version of these wheels was cost - almost twice as much for some reason...

What kind of rims are these exactly? and also, what kind of tire profile is this, a 40 or 45? I love this look...

Comment

you definetely need a set of lower springs to make the huge rims less weird.

Crab intakes with Crab claws
        Resonator delete
        Magnaflow cat-back exhaust system
        Racingline strut tower bar
        Tinted taillights
        18' Enkei Razr's with 225/45/18 Toyo Proxes
        Painted calipers

Comment

lowered!! Still love my 20's

Comment

Anyone have any thoughts on these wheels. I was thinking about going towards a cruiser look next year since i'm limited on performance.

Falken LX-55
            http://fkwheels.com/store.php?crn=209
            2009 Ford Mustang Premium Pony 4.0L
            2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

personally I like them - but I've always liked our cars on 20's
              Semper Fi - David Hall - 2009 Pontiac G6 GT Blue 4-Door

Performance: CRABS 03 and FPU, Resonator Delete, RL Strut Tower Bar

Appearance: Debadged - Window Tint 35% front 18% back - Emblem Overlays - Door Sill Overlays

Comment

I really like em. Should look good. I'm in the loving 20's club
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by infamous View Post

lowered!! Still love my 20's
                  Thats the same rim Im getting! I think 20s look sexy on the 6

Comment

the look really good. the only reason I will never do 20's is cause I cant afford the tires for them. I can barley afford the ones for the 18's on my car now.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                    Originally posted by ahuhn
                    so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by The01Cav View Post
                      Anyone have any thoughts on these wheels. I was thinking about going towards a cruiser look next year since i'm limited on performance.

Falken LX-55
                      http://fkwheels.com/store.php?crn=209
                      I just looked at the site for them and I dont think they will fit. the added height of them and width. you will rub. 8.5" wide is pretty wide for our cars. and Im sure you will have a issue with clearance on the strut.
                      Last edited by snowmanG6; 05-24-2011, 01:22 AM.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                      Originally posted by ahuhn
                      so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6 View Post
                        the look really good. the only reason I will never do 20's is cause I cant afford the tires for them. I can barley afford the ones for the 18's on my car now.
                        Depending on where you look the price of the tires isnt that much more expensive than those of 18s

Comment

EDITED: please read forum rules about selling items.
                          Last edited by snowmanG6; 05-24-2011, 02:47 AM.
                          08 GXP COUPE, Dual Bluetooth/IPOD Stereo, Black Spyder Halo Headlights w/ 10K HID's, Muffler Removal w/ Straight Y Pipe Back, CRABS! Intake Option 3 With FPU, Black Emblem Overlays, Black Altezza Tail Lights, Airraid Throttle Body Spacer, Racingline MMI's, Racingline Strut Tower Bar, Custom Ram Air Through Lower Grille,

Comment

Really???
                            Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
                            JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

The01Cav

I had 20 x 8.5 wheels with the 35mm offset on my G6 with 255x35r20 tires and had less rubbing than I currently have with the 235/50R18 that I am currently running on the stock 18" rims. I did not experience any problem with strut clearance and only minor wheel well rubbing. I love the 20" rim and would still be running mine except that my 20s clipped the brake caliper when I installed the Brembo brakes even with the 5mm spacer. I like your wheel selection and think that they will look great on your G6.

Good luck.
                              Last edited by TNVOLSG6; 05-24-2011, 12:24 PM.

GO VOLS

Comment

Originally posted by TNVOLSG6 View Post
                                The01Cav

I had 20 x 8.5 wheels with the 35mm offset on my G6 with 255x35r20 tires and had less rubbing than I currently have with the 235/50R18 that I am currently running on the stock 18" rims. I did not experience any problem with strut clearance and only minor wheel well rubbing. I love the 20" rim and would still be running mine except that my 20s clipped the brake caliper when I installed the Brembo brakes even with the 5mm spacer. I like your wheel selection and think that they will look great on your G6.

Good luck.
                                Thanks for the info, I won't be doing the 20's unless I can sell the 18's. So once and if the 18's sell then i'll look more into the 20's on my car.
                                2009 Ford Mustang Premium Pony 4.0L
                                2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

Working...
                                X