Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil Information from Pontiac regarding our oil sensors...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

poor car, the most I've EVER driven my car was just under 5,000 but I've been running Mobil 1 since my first oil change and even at 5k the oil was dark but not pitch black
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

What kind of mileage is everyone getting before their oil life sensor recommends a change? I only have 1000 miles on the car so far, but if I do the math, it looks like I will have 7000 miles before the sensor recommends a change.

Comment

Most OLM systems seem to indicate an average period for oil change at 7000 miles. The lowest I have seen is 4000 miles for lots of cold starts and stop and go city traffic, and the highest is 10,000 miles for pure long distance highway driving.

Comment

My display is averaging about 9k miles if I were to take it the whole way out. When I was using dino oil it would get changed at 3k. Now I'm using only AmsOil and I'm going to about 6500 if its hard driving, *stop and go, frequent starts* and about 8k if I'm doing nothing but highway driving in the G6 and using the beater to run around town. I'm seeing more and more race teams swear by AmsOil than redline or purple. I've used Royal Purple and it didn't do well with me. It looked too black when I drained it out, there was a hint more noise in the valve train and the car didnt want to rev as quickly. This all could have been in my mind but I didnt like it. I'm back with AmsOil and very happy with the outcome. The best part is that it doesn't cost that much more to buy AmsOil in comparison to Mobil1. And if you look at the synthetic grades, Mobil1 is still a step down in quality from AmsOil RedLine or Royal Purple. Not a sermon, Just a thought. May I note that 90% of this post is my opinion and everyone should take care of their investment as they see correct and not how someone else sees correct.
          Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the vehicle.
          Over-steer is when you hit the wall with the ass end of the vehicle.
          Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
          Torque is how far you take the wall with you!!!!

"Be careful where you go. Remember where you've been. Thats the way I see it. I'm a Simple Man....." - Charlie Daniels

Comment

According to Royal Purple, you only change the filter and add oil as necessary on the 2nd oil change. Then a full change after that.
            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
            20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

I had read that. I thought a good quality full synthetic was supposed to last longer than that. But then again I was going off of 3k intervals. The G6 *aka-Vanessa* needs a change this weekend. I'm using some stuff I got from the AmsOil website thats touted to go 25k miles. They guarantee your motor if you use their 25k oil and the correct filter designed to go that far. I'm going to do an oil analysis at each 10k interval to make sure I'm not having any problems. The whole thing cost me $125 for 2 of the 25K filters and 12qts of the 25K oil for my car. Less than I would pay to do regular oil changes at 3K or full synthetic at 5K or so. *shrugs* We'll see what happens when I do the oil analysis at 10K. Later.
              Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the vehicle.
              Over-steer is when you hit the wall with the ass end of the vehicle.
              Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
              Torque is how far you take the wall with you!!!!

"Be careful where you go. Remember where you've been. Thats the way I see it. I'm a Simple Man....." - Charlie Daniels

Comment

Working...
              X