Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil Information from Pontiac regarding our oil sensors...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
    After waiting 3 hours at the dealership for my first oil change at 3000 miles, I'm never going back there for something like that again!
    I waited 1.5 hour on my semi annual check and oil change!!

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
      Do they even ask what your name is first, before giving you the raping.
      They know I brought this car here and they still give me these crazy prices!!

Any brand do you guys recommend for synthetic oil? and usually how long when it is in time for another oil change because you can't base on the GM oil system

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

i think most people go with Mobil 1 for syn. and they say 10k now a days for fully synthetic oil, i let my conventional ride for about 5k before i change it in my truck and i would probably only run my synthetic for 5 or 6k before changing it. i am sure it is good for 10-15k, but it does give me a small piece of mind. depends on how you drive it too. if you are a stoplight warrior than you will want to change it more often than the guy who commutes 318miles (however many Km that is) to work everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
          i think most people go with Mobil 1 for syn. and they say 10k now a days for fully synthetic oil, i let my conventional ride for about 5k before i change it in my truck and i would probably only run my synthetic for 5 or 6k before changing it. i am sure it is good for 10-15k, but it does give me a small piece of mind. depends on how you drive it too. if you are a stoplight warrior than you will want to change it more often than the guy who commutes 318miles (however many Km that is) to work everyday.
          Well...I should of took my oil change sooner because I was looking at the GM oil system but some say if you use regular no matter the kms you should change your oil when the computer tell you to. I drive about 70 kms perday from east to west I would say plenty of stop and go I dun go crazy on flooring it though!!

Comment

70kms? Both ways or combined?

Mississauga?

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
              70kms? Both ways or combined?

Mississauga?
              Yeahs combined!!

Comment

Oh, so that'll be Etobicoke, then?

sigpic
                Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Oh, so that'll be Etobicoke, then?
                  oops...didn't see the word mississauga!! yeah 70Km !! scarborough to etobicoke! where i work!!

Comment

Thats a long drive with Toronto traffic. You must love your job.

sigpic

Comment

Thats a long drive with Toronto traffic. You must love your job.
                      Haha!! well...I got to pay bills!! at least is better than the unemployment line!

Comment

This is just what I've allways done with oil. Me and my family have allways used Castrol GTX in everything and never had a engine fail yet. We might have used pennzoil or somethinga few times because of a good deal. And one summer I was out of town and stopped at a new quick lube, they allready drained the oil before they realized they didnt have castrol in my weight, so i had to get superflow. Not a bad brand exactly but i changed my oil sooner that time. But it allways seemed fine when i checked it. I put mobil one synthetic in my mustang a couple of times. Since I took a engine class i'm sure things changed in the past few years with the oils. Basically the mind of thought was that syn is better but more costly and the more efficencly you may get out of the engine and longer life of it off sets the cost hopefully. These new 7000, 10000 mile oils I just dont know about. Once of the main things about changing your oil is that in cleans the system out to a degree. I've been one to change about every 2700 miles, it's rare I would go over 3000. I hitting 1000 miles here soon in my g6. And I've allways thought it to be wise to change at 1000 for the 1st change that way. If any metal shavings from the motor being build will be flushed on out into the oil filter by now. I've allways been told that is a good way to break a car in properly. A guy I know at a ford garage recommends it way earlier then that. He was actually my instructor. He highly recommends staying away from quaker state, because they tend to be a waxy oil, and he has is reservations on pennzoil and valvoline. He's a ford man so he is all about motorcraft, which i think at one time was just rebranded texaco. I remember in the 80's my dad had a knew chevy pickup that allways burned oil he switched from quaker to castrol and it didnt burn oil anymore.

I think with gas prices i will go with a synthetic extended life and change about every 5 to 7 thousand now. I hope oil changes in this car are not a pain. My mustang was a mess with out a lift, so all but once or twice i took it to a quick lube unless i had access to a lift at college.
                        "Please don't call me Shirley"

Comment

The oil changes on these look to be fairly simple. I personally wouldn't bother with higher mileage oil simply because in your mind you automatically assume that changing it earlier is better than letting it go longer. Thats my thinking anyway, so I just get the regular Mobil 1.

Comment

I'll most likely go to Royal Purple, or Redline Synthetic. But here the price of synthetics have gone up a couple of dollars. I've never used Mobil 1, how does the price of Mobil 1 compair to the price of synthetics?

Comment

Royal purple is overpriced. It's sorta like Amsoil, cept that is worth it. Sorta.

I can get a quart of Mobil 1 for 5 bucks up here. It's a bit more than other synthetics but it is among the best.

Comment

Well, it's weird, I can go to the auto parts store, and pay like 8 bucks a quart, and order a quart from Summit Racing and pay like 7.95 a quart, so the price isn't too different. But I agree, Royal Purple is over priced.

Comment

Working...
                                X