Camaro bremo brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camaro bremo brakes

so i just ordered the rear brakes from hennessey performance for 350 shipped and i can wait. rears bolt right up, using a custom cnc machined bracket made by a g8 forum member.
    next week when my 2 paychecks come in, i will be buying the fronts and seeing what size spacer i will need. i have also ordered longer wheel studs for the front form the holden parts supplier in australia. these will be here in 10 days.
    4 psiton brembos all the way around will be awesome and i cant wait.
    should i powdercoat them red? or save the 350 and paint them myself? or leave them how they are?
    ill post pics frequently when all parts for the swap get here
    2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
    2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
    613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
    11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
    New numbers coming soon........

Re: Camaro bremo brakes

Are you crazy? Mods like that need part numbers attached... Name of the guy with the bracket on G8 fourm.... If this has been posted elsewhere I was too excited or lazy (you choose) to go find out myself.
    Traded in G6 GTP 17 September 2012 for 2011 Musang GT 5.0L 6sp manual.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.”

Get Honor, Stay Honor

Comment

sorry about the lack of information.(its for my g8, not the g6)
      Guys name is Andy. Developed the parts himself and has the brakes on his g8 as well
      heres the link

part numbers for the brembos i dont have, but they are very easy to find on ebay, hennessey or slp.
      2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
      11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

[quote="Thebeast"]sorry about the lack of information.(its for my g8, not the g6)

GRRR, your signature still says G6. Ok, never mind I still haven't made that MOD yet.

Not to hyjack the thread but I did find an 09 dark Grey G8GT 7200mi at Herb Jones in Elizabethtown KY $24,900.00. Looks like its in GREAT CONDITION TOO, and drives that way as well....
        Traded in G6 GTP 17 September 2012 for 2011 Musang GT 5.0L 6sp manual.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.”

Get Honor, Stay Honor

Comment

id get it for that price.
          you can get brembos for your car too, just the fronts, for close to 400-600. from the cobalt ss. dont know why they are worth more then the ones from the camaro
          11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

Re: Camaro brembo brakes(updated)

rear camaro brembo brakes are on there way. will be here this monday. also ordered stainless steel brake lines.
            calipers will be going to the powdercoater asap. as soon as i get my paycheck on tuesday and friday, i will order the front brakes and take them to the powdercoater as well. i also have to figure out what size spacer i will need up front.
            extended wheel studs will be here in 8 days from australia.
            then when everything is in hand, i will install them with my mechanic. i cant wait to see how much of an improvement this will be.
            will be posting lots of pics
            11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

the rears just got back from the powdercoater(package was 70 pounds from ups)

fronts are getting ordered tomorrow
              stainless steel brake lines will be in this week.
              longer wheel studs will be here friday or monday
              spacers will be ordered as soon as i find the right ones.
              then all i need to do is install these bad boys.
              11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

the rear brembo's are on and functioning great. 1/4 in spacer was required in order for the large calipers to clear. stock rotors were 13.6 or so and the new rotors are 14.75.
                heres the pics.fronts will be here tuesday and then off to the powdercoater.

11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

Those look great on there.
                  I wish I could put spacers on mine, but I'm lowered.
                  G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                  Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                  Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                  20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by ElecBlueG6GT
                    Those look great on there.
                    I wish I could put spacers on mine, but I'm lowered.
                    lowered could cause an issue. in you case your best bet is the baer kit. but its really exspensive as im sure you know already
                    11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

with brembos all the way around you might get rear ended, most cars have standard brakes and will not have the same stopping power. i would be careful when someone is tailgating

Comment

i already got hit in the rear by a dodge ram, but no damage done. he was riding my ass for ever, so i punched it. at the red light he stopped rather close to my rear. i guess hit foot slipped and he bumped me. i got out rather pissed and told him australian parts are not cheap.
                        if the damage was worse, i think i would have done the holden conversion.
                        but no harm done and yes, now i will have to be extra considerate to people around me
                        11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

"you may be able to stop on a dime, but the person behind you can't."

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

just picked the front set up from my powdercoater. he did another outstanding job.
                            fron rotors are 14 inches and the rears are 14.5. huge.
                            these calipers are huge as well.
                            heres the pics.

now all im waiting on is the custom spacers from california and they are ready to be installed
                            11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

Damn.

Mods: Tint, Resonator Delete, K&N Filter, GT-R Exhaust, GXP rear bumper, Debadged

Comment

Working...
                              X