• Show
Clear All

Re: Camaro bremo brakes

i wish my calipers looked loke those

Comment

your can look like them for around 600! lol
      i cant wait to get these on.
      i wont be doing the braided brake lines due to a faulty ebay seller who took my money, i filed a dispute and escalated it to a claim and i will be getting my money back. so i will just save that $130. i was told they wont make much of a difference unless i was autocrossing my car.
      also, the brake dust from these brakes is horrible. in 2 days, after washing the car, the wheels are completely covered in brake dust. so new pads will be ordered once these run out.
      2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
      2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
      613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
      11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
      New numbers coming soon........

Comment

good god those are some massive brakes!!!
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

spacers just shipped from california today. they will be here tuesday and when i have a day off, i will get then installed. each front rotor weighs 26 pounds, calipers weigh the same, if not less then the stock 2 piston calipers.
          i cant wait to get this finished and save up for headers. maybe for my birthday in september i will buy longtubes and high flow cats
          2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
          11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

brakes are all finished.pictures will be up tomorrow after i wash the car in the morning
            we ran into alot of problems during the install but after 4 hours, its all done.
            studs would not come out because they wouldnt clear the axle bearings. so after taking off the hub, we had to grind down one side almost a 1/4 inch and got all the studs out. after that the new studs went in easy and were reinstalled.
            everything bolted right up. then the next problem came up.
            the custom spacer i ordered did not fit. the center part that goes around the hub was 1mm or less to small. so we beat it on so it will work. next time when i need to take off my rotors(long time probably), i will have to pry it off and replace it woth a properly machined spacer, or just have the existing ones redone.
            but, everything is on and working. took it to 105 and hit them fairly hard and stopped very hard.
            car feels great now and has the ability to stop all its speed.
            11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

Originally posted by Thebeast
              brakes are all finished.pictures will be up tomorrow after i wash the car in the morning
              we ran into alot of problems during the install but after 4 hours, its all done.
              studs would not come out because they wouldnt clear the axle bearings. so after taking off the hub, we had to grind down one side almost a 1/4 inch and got all the studs out. after that the new studs went in easy and were reinstalled.
              everything bolted right up. then the next problem came up.
              the custom spacer i ordered did not fit. the center part that goes around the hub was 1mm or less to small. so we beat it on so it will work. next time when i need to take off my rotors(long time probably), i will have to pry it off and replace it woth a properly machined spacer, or just have the existing ones redone.
              but, everything is on and working. took it to 105 and hit them fairly hard and stopped very hard.
              car feels great now and has the ability to stop all its speed.
              sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

just finished washing the car. going to take pics and upload them now
                11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

looks good, I personally would be too scared to mount brakes to brackets and everything you had to do to get them to work. They look awesome though, nice work!
                    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

i also had to drill the holes to 9/16, but that was easy. the grinding of the hub was the hardest. installing the studs was easy due to a air powered hammer
                      11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

Originally posted by Thebeast
                        Is that about 1/4" gap?
                        CRABS WAMS MPD GT-R Brembos and stuff

Comment

more than a 1/4 inch. i can fit my finger in that gap, so almost a 1/2 inch. the rears are less then a 1/4 inch, maybe like an 1/8 inch.
                          11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

Working...
                          X