Stall Converters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stall Converters

okay someone explain this to me. i understand that from a dig you would floor it and it would just go to that size RPM IE 3600 stall 4000 stall etc but how the hell does this help you from a roll? Woody? someone else who is a car nerd? explain plz.

and i ask this here because on ls1 they would be like YOU ARE A FAIL
    sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Re: Stall Converters

YOU ARE A FAIL
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Really though, I'm not to sure. I know people go back and forth on what launch RPM is best in sticks all the time, different for every engine generally and if you have massive mods it changes. My figuring is if you can get it to the sweet spot RPM, when you dump the clutch, you can get moving a bit before the gear is fully engaged, and when it's fully engaged you are moving slightly so the RPM's are higher and you can get zooming faster. The auto transmission must be doing it automatically or something?????? I dont know really at all early monday morning typing.
      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms

2005 CGM GTO.
      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

hahaha! well shit, i still dont want one as people say even mid grade stalls 3600 or so will take ur city mpg to like 10 haha
        sigpic

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Comment

*cough* should have got 6 speed *cough*

(really though, don't have to worry about it with a Stick and you can way better MPG My buddy had a '04 Auto and only averaged like 14-15mpg with it, 50/50 highway/city.... I get average of 19-20 with like.. 35% highway 65% "city" (I say city even though its wide open roads because i'm in a very hilly area)

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

you have an auto gto you're not allowed to worry about gas mileage.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

oh I am!! and my last tank of gas my avg mpg was 21.2 so SUCK IT
              sigpic

Comment

highway

if you want to feel better you can talk to my buddy about gas mileage when he had the turbo 400 in his. 8mpg. everywhere. no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by zlatsky
                  highway

if you want to feel better you can talk to my buddy about gas mileage when he had the turbo 400 in his. 8mpg. everywhere. no matter what.
                  OM NOM NOM NOM FUEEEEL OM NOM NOM

Likewise Erik, you're in flatsville LOL if my town was like the typical midwest I'd get like 22-23.

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                    Originally posted by zlatsky
                    highway

OM NOM NOM NOM FUEEEEL OM NOM NOM

Likewise Erik, you're in flatsville LOL if my town was like the typical midwest I'd get like 22-23.
                    ya ya right
                    sigpic

Comment

WTF is MPG? Lololol

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                      TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                      Show
                      -20% tint
                      -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                      -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Originally posted by leong6gtp
                        WTF is MPG? Lololol

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
                        Yea. GTO's thing of gas in gallon/hour

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

The lowest the gto DIC can go is 2.3 or 3.2mpg

Comment

dude get a low low stall because its how much torque put to the ground at low and mid rpms if im not mistaken then you get a quicker take off and itll throw u back in ur seat like a mofo lol
                            Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
                            JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

Mods: Intake resonator removed GTR Exhaust 30% Tint Front 15% Back Crab Intake WAMS 93 octane tune RLP street motor mounts, Debaged, Destriped, and Dashhawk. Infinity Kappa door speakers, Kicker cvx 12, Pioneer AVH-3200 BT Deck, Kicker 700.5 amp

Comment

Working...
                              X