stock hp/torque question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stock hp/torque question

hey looking at getting a dyno tune done...but just curious to know what kind of gains i might be lookin at...only got performance muffler and intake...i know headers would complete the trio but OBX is a no go...is a dyno gonna give me some nice HP gains?, is it gonna kill my MPG? and is it worth it for a price around $350-$400....

"Wheel gap can be compared to a vaginaa. The more fingers you can stick in the worse off you are. "

Re: dyno gains for g6

I think that if you are going to pay for a tune that you should get it done on a dyno.

i could only imagine that because it can be tuned for your specific car you would see more gains than a canned tune...

when you looking to do this?

Comment

goin in sat morning...their not sure if their system reads the 3.5 yet...they did allys car...gxpstreetgirl

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

"Wheel gap can be compared to a vaginaa. The more fingers you can stick in the worse off you are. "

Comment

It really depends on how good you tuner is. It should wake the car up a little though. Headers and a full exhaust would be a good idea.

1994 Civic - 1995 240SX - (GTO sold)
        There are cars that take you from point A to point B, and then there are cars that eat your family, worship Satan, and purposefully transmit STDs.

Comment

well the LY7 is the GTP 3.6

HP Tuners does support our LZ4 motor so if they have HP Tuners you may have to purchase credits....

Let me know how it turns out...

Comment

keep us updated.
            Custom Flowmaster Exhaust- CRAB Heat Shield- Tiger Ram- Painted Cals- Painted Grills- Eibach ProKit- Racingline S/B- Racingline G/K- Injen Air Intake- Spyder Headlights w/ DDM 5000k Lows- DDM 5000k Fogs- Plasti-Dip Solstice Wheels w/ 5mm Spacers/ Painted- Painted Intake Manifold- Hood Spacers- RotorPros Front/ Rear D/S Rotors- BMD-P Fr. Endlinks- BMD-P SS Brake Lines...

Progression:
            http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18485

Comment

yea I wish we had headers that we could trust... hopefully I have some good news saturday afternoon

Comment

Those OBX headers wont fit an 07+ anyway so.... The LZ4 and LZ9 have no headers available at all right now.

ps. this is the GTO performance mod area, not G6

ISimple Ipod adapter, Heat wrapped Injen, CRABs Option 3, ?% Tint, 6000K HIDs,GT-R, Tinted Tails, Rear badge delete, Plastidiped grills and front dart, Brembos, Pulse p5 17"s, racingline MMIs

Comment

Originally posted by cookiemonster17
                  hey looking at getting a dyno tune done...but just curious to know what kind of gains i might be lookin at...only got performance muffler and intake...i know headers would complete the trio but OBX is a no go...is a dyno gonna give me some nice HP gains?, is it gonna kill my MPG? and is it worth it for a price around $350-$400....
                  If you have a good tunner then its well worth the 400 atlongest there also tunning your TCM/ tranny. Again this is if hes a good tunner, you prob see around 10-14 Wheel HP gain and another 8-10 lbs of torque to the wheels. So 17 flywheel HP and like 12 Flywheel torque pick up. When retunning your PCM should be going to 91-93 octane and thats only way you will see those gains if he is tunning for 87 its a waste. Now retunning for 91-93 octane he will incress your timming and A/F ratio numbers and see prob a solid 1 mpg pick up maybe even 2. if you lose MPG its because your now lead footed :P or he tunned it wrong.

My 3.9L went from 18.5 originally to 20.5 on average
                  2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                  Gotta have it Green color
                  Brembo brake package
                  420 HP 5.0L
                  Ford Racing Power Pack
                  GT500 track pack differential cover
                  BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

nice...excited for som HP gains...im goin to the track in a few weeks too so ill def see how it worked out for me

Comment

So what did I miss on the OBX headers? I know they're hit & miss sometimes, what's the scoop?

1994 Civic - 1995 240SX - (GTO sold)
                      There are cars that take you from point A to point B, and then there are cars that eat your family, worship Satan, and purposefully transmit STDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedobear
                        So what did I miss on the OBX headers? I know they're hit & miss sometimes, what's the scoop?

didnt miss anything about the headers... he has an LZ4 motor and there are no headers that will fit our motors at this time.

The OBX fit the LX9

Comment

at dyno place now

about 5 trailblazers ss...i wanna buy one of these

Comment

Re: stock hp/torque question

what's about the stock hp and torque on a g6 gt?...wanna compare it to current results

Comment

Re: stock hp/torque question

219@5900 LOL
                              219@3200

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Working...
                              X