Need:
    Bailing Wire
    Scotchlocks
    Wire loom
    Wall loom (black enamel paint)
    Four 3" LED lights
    Four 9" LED lights
    http://stores.ebay.com/Neon-Source-Unlimited

I put neons in my ac vents. I highly recomend using LED's and will soon be replacing the neons. The A/C vents are kinda tricky to get out, I used the tip of a test light but you can use a pen or another thin object with a narrow point. Pull the ac vent out half way (about as far as they will go before the tabs catch) then twist the vent so you can pull each of the three tabs inward with the test light. Get bailing wire (might be able to use a coat hanger but I think it would be too cumbersom), insert the wire through the top of the now open a/c vent and out the underside of your dash (of course a second method would be to remove your dash but thats a pain in the ass). Hook the light with the wire and slowly pull it back up. I found it is alot easier to do if the lights are plugged in and on so you can see what your doing inside the dash. The lights I purchased came with doublesided tape, so far the tape they came with works fine otherwise walmart carries double sided duct tape which works awesome (2lb hold strength). Place the wires in each of the vents using the double sided tape. I ran the wires for the passenger side through the air vent down by the pedals (see picture).

You can also pull off the side pannel and run them through there. Use a black wire loom to hold all the excess wires under the dash. You can use electrical tape but a loom looks alot better and is slightly more functional. Grab a ratchet and remove the bolts to the left and right of the stearing column, place the loom inside the dash and bolt it back closed. Running the wires for the passenger side are a little trickier. Pull the wires through the underside of the dash and then up and along the top of the inside of the glovebox. You can use wire staples if the wires are hanging down.

Once all the lights are in place put your ac vents back in place. Once again taking the doublesided tape attach the transformers for the lights
    under the dash. There is a flat opening just to the right of the stearing column where they can be placed. Now for the LED's under the dash.
    To run the wires from under the center console to under the back seat I used a wall loom (available at your home improvement center). I could only find it in lengths of 5' so I cut off 6" and painted it black with enamel paint so it would match the console, carpet, and seats. To run the wires you are not going to take out the whole center console but you do need to disconnect it. There are two screws on the left and right side as well as four bolts that need to be removed. The bolts are all hidden under those small plastic covers. Place the transformer box on the passenger side near the fuse box. There is a brace there which will connect to a bolt when you put the console back together; zip tie the transformer to the brace. Using a flathead screwdriver pop out the power plug that is next to your T/C button and disconnect it. Pull the wires for the plug out the side of the dash next to the fuse box. Black wire is the ground, white wire is your constant, hook up your lights then plug back in your power plug. Lifting the center console run one of the 9" leds from the passenger side to the drivers side. Pull out the driverside panel and run the wire behind it. Replace the pannel and run the wire for the passengerside the same way.
    Taking the wall loom (if you choose to run the wires that way) screw it to the floor of the car starting at the crease where the center console has indented the carpet running it under the cup holders in the back seat. Take your last two lights and run the wires underneath the center console and into the wall loom so that they come out under the back seats; split them so there is one hanging under each seat. Place the top onto the wall loom and bolt your console back on. I used the double sided duct tape to hold the lights in place or you can screw them on if you like. Place the lights under the dash so that they cannot be seen. You want to see the glow, not the source. Do the same with the seats, I highly recommend using the 2lb tape for the seats as screws dont work on cloth.

This is my first how to, let me know what I can add. :smoke:

*edit just cause people have asked. On the drivers side right pannel there is a 3 way power splitter can get them at walmart for like $10. Right now it is plugged into my a/c plug but I will soon be attaching it to a power wire, make sure you use an inline fuse when doing this since you will be bypassing the fuse in the plug.
    BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

I'm not one for all the neons and crap, but that looks pretty nice coming from your vents. Colour looks pretty close to a match, how is it in person?

Nice write up though, should help out a lot for those looking into this.

Comment

in person the neons have more of a pinkish glow. That is why I reccomend LED, the ones I put under the dash (LEDS) match the console lights which is nice. :smoke:

Comment

looks good. Did you manage to get the lights in the passenger and drive side vents too?
        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

yeah, i have lights in all four vents. The outside vents are harder to get out but if your careful with the tabs you can do it. There are also lights under the front dash and back seats, I might put lights under the front seats too but I doubt it. :smoke:

Comment

good work my friend
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Shit looks good!
              Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I approve
                Originally posted by TLS2000
                Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                  I approve
                  Jake approves, and the people rejoice!

Looks cool, Reuben! Nice writeup.
                  SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
                  Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
                  CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
                  Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

Working...
                  X