Projected dyno tune gains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projected dyno tune gains

What do you think i could gain from just doing intake and exhaust on the car and having a dyno tune done. Modern muscle is only about an hour from me. just wondering what kind of gains i can make whether it would be worth the money or not.
    sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Re: Projected dyno tune gains

20whp-30whp easy on a ls1.
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
      chalk one up for complete win. that sounds like money well spent to me...
      sigpic

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP
        Originally posted by WoodburyMan
        chalk one up for complete win. that sounds like money well spent to me...
        so with all the TOP END ESTIMATES such as KN's 18whp im supposed to get plus exhaust plus tune, i should be at like 350-360whp?

EDIT: just found a guy with a bone stock LS1 GTO and all he did was dyno tune and he got 335hp/342tq... say it aint so that i could be around 360tq!
        sigpic

Comment

That's 60+whp gain from stock on just a tune. No Unless he's tuning for 110 Octane or something.

K&N says 18hp. K&N overestimates, always. Take that as anywhere from 10-15whp. Exhaust, take it the same way. I've never seen HP #'s on any GTO exhaust, and estimated gains, but expect the same as you would a intake. Tune that shit together though and thats when you get everything. I'd see you putting down anywhere from 300who-320whp stock. With everything, I'd go anywhere from 320whp-340whp. Possiblely high as 350whp if you car is a factory freak.

I see factory freak LS2's putting down at much as 355whp stock, where they should be anywhere from 320whp-340whp stock.

Right now, with exhaust intake and tune, conservately estimating I made 320whp stock, I should be up to 340-350whp. There's a chance I might be making more, maybe up to 370whp, but I say 340-350 just to not overestimate. I wanna dyno soon.. Headers, and retune, you can gain 20whp from just that easily.
          Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms

2005 CGM GTO.
          386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
          2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

^

this man knows his stuff!
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Depends on the dyno and conditions also.

2009 Liquid Red G8GT
              4 door mafia
              93 octane VMS ecm/tcm tune
              8000k hid's
              Solo Mach Shorty & HFC's
              Rotofab cai and radiator cover
              13.207@107.11
              330 hp/328 tq on a Mustang dyno

Comment

Exactly.

Mustang Dyno's also dyno higher than others.. at least 95% of the time. (There are A LOT of variables you can set in them related to atmosphere conditions and such, and they WIDELY varry.) This is bad and good, as it can try and get your "true" value... but if the guy programming it doesn't know crap on how to work it, it's widely inacurate. Also, you go back to the same place a week later, different conditions, and they set it up differerntly, you will get a completely different reading.

DynoJet's are regarded as "more consistant". They typically dyno lower than Mustang Dynos. They also have less settings for operating to play with... thus if the guy doesn't know what they are doing they are less likely to screw it up. Also, less settings mean the readings will be more consistant. Go back a week from then, different conditions, they will be very very close.

Superflow is a third, less popular dyno, since they are expensive. (There's only one here in my state). They are almost the same as DynoJet's as far as consitancy and settings go, minus they will read closer to the cars "real power" much like Mustang Dyno's set out to do...thus they are regarded as more accurate than DynoJet.. with the same consitancy... this the best of both.

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

dyno jet usually read higher than mustang dynos......
                  Mods: Intake resonator removed GTR Exhaust 30% Tint Front 15% Back Crab Intake WAMS 93 octane tune RLP street motor mounts, Debaged, Destriped, and Dashhawk. Infinity Kappa door speakers, Kicker cvx 12, Pioneer AVH-3200 BT Deck, Kicker 700.5 amp

Comment

Originally posted by stevey722
                    dyno jet usually read higher than mustang dynos......
                    It depends on the particular Mustang dyno

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

id get a dyno tune if i was you. when my warranty is up, ill be doing headers and a cam. pick up 60-80hp at the wheels. cam alone is 66 at the wheels.
                      so for now, just brakes and rims. 2014 is when my warranty is up.
                      do you have a warranty? if you dont i would definately get headers
                      2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
                      2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
                      613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
                      11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
                      New numbers coming soon........

Comment

yea he has a warranty..... just order a new ecm and get a dyno tune!
                        Mods: Intake resonator removed GTR Exhaust 30% Tint Front 15% Back Crab Intake WAMS 93 octane tune RLP street motor mounts, Debaged, Destriped, and Dashhawk. Infinity Kappa door speakers, Kicker cvx 12, Pioneer AVH-3200 BT Deck, Kicker 700.5 amp

Comment

Originally posted by stevey722
                          yea he has a warranty..... just order a new ecm and get a dyno tune!
                          It doesn't work that way with GTO's.

You can't just throw a ECM in like you can with G6's. You need a security code relearn and other crap done which you can only do once the new ECM has been put in the car via a Tech2. That's why Chris only offers tuned TCM's (automatic only).

Likewise, cams don't add a set amount of power. You can get a large variaty. There's small and large cams, and on both you can do custom grinds to whatever spec duration and lift you want. Most people go small "baby" cams with a medium spec for daily drive-ability unless they are tracking it completely.

Mulling it over, I wanted a Cam, but I can't do it until my GMPP is over in May 2012.. which I will be hopefully adding a blower then as well. For now, I have my exhaust, intake, and tuning. Going to be adding headers end of summer hopefully, and porting intake manifold and throttle body, and either LS3 heads or ported heads too.

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

i was told headers void the warranty as well? is that true
                            2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
                            2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
                            613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
                            11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
                            New numbers coming soon........

Comment

Originally posted by Thebeast
                              i was told headers void the warranty as well? is that true
                              No. Yes. Just like how a intake "voids" a warranty. It doesn't mean shit unless they can specifically prove the modified part caused the problem.

Example... if I I get headers, and my tranny blows... they cover the the tranny. Unless they can prove within reasonable doubt that its the headers that caused something to fail, it's fine.

Deal is with a Cam... it literally is the heart of the engine as it controls the movement of EVERYTHING more or less that moves in the engine.. so if something went, they'd easily be able to point to that and say something happened because of that.

Also tuning can void your warranty on engine itself. That's why when I had the G6, I had the stock ECM. For the GTO, i can use my Diablosport Trinity to return the programing on my ECM to stock in a instant.

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

Working...
                              X