Where to buy caliper paint? GTA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where to buy caliper paint? GTA

the only thing im thinking is the G2 paint is gonna be like $57 or i can get the duplicolor for like $28 so even if the duplicolor wears out faster i can repaint in 2 years and it'll cost the same thing at that point... unless you guys dont think duplicolor will even last me 2 years lol
    Appearance: Sexy Electric Blue Metallic - 35% Tint, , Painted Calipers, Spyder Halo Projector Headlights, Red Under Dash LED's, Lower Grill Chrome Trim

Performance: Canuck Lowering Springs, Crabs O3 + FPU, Custom Dual Muffler Borla Exhaust, Front Adjustable End Links

Audio: Kenwood DNX5120 Double din, Hifonics HFI1000.1 Mono Amp, RE SEX12D4 12" Subwoofer (pushing 750w), Alpine Type S 6x9 Speakers, Jensen Power 720 amp

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLUE-G2- ... ccessories

Comment

yea that has free shipping to the US but as soon as you change to Canada shipping turns to $28.50
        Appearance: Sexy Electric Blue Metallic - 35% Tint, , Painted Calipers, Spyder Halo Projector Headlights, Red Under Dash LED's, Lower Grill Chrome Trim

Performance: Canuck Lowering Springs, Crabs O3 + FPU, Custom Dual Muffler Borla Exhaust, Front Adjustable End Links

Audio: Kenwood DNX5120 Double din, Hifonics HFI1000.1 Mono Amp, RE SEX12D4 12" Subwoofer (pushing 750w), Alpine Type S 6x9 Speakers, Jensen Power 720 amp

Comment

Get the G2, I am on the hunt for some G2 too. I have to recoat every year on dulpicolor. From what Ive read, G2 is stronger and will last longer.
          MODSGT-R, HIDS 6000K, 8000K FOGS, 35% TINT, K&N INTAKE, CRAB HEAT SHIELD, Cquence Rotors

Comment

Originally posted by rickygt
            I would go for tire rack, but dang shipping and customs kill the price.
            TireRack actually shows you the brokerage and taxes in the cart, so there aren't any surprises at the door. They have been pretty competitive.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
            <-- Gray G6? Click!
            2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
            2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
            Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Ya I just bought Kingsbone wires and got dinged with 20 bucks in duty fees from UPS. So that killed the special deal for me.
              MODSGT-R, HIDS 6000K, 8000K FOGS, 35% TINT, K&N INTAKE, CRAB HEAT SHIELD, Cquence Rotors

Comment

yea i bought $35 worth of product when it arrived at my door got charged taxes (expected) but the package was held up in customs so i got charged a nice $18 as well from fedex so my $35 package got turned into close to a $60 package

Comment

I dunno, but what tire rack showed me as the price at check-out was exactly what I paid. Didn't have to pay anything extra when i got it. The paint coats awesome and is easy to work with. I have never tried the duplicolor but i didn't feel like screwin around repainting them every year so i spent the extra and got the G2
                  Current Mods:Intake Resonator Delete, CRAB Option 3 + FPU, Painted Calipers

Future Mods: GT-R Exhaust, Tint, Racingline STB & Grounding Kit

Comment

Originally posted by CheaseG6GT
                    I dunno, but what tire rack showed me as the price at check-out was exactly what I paid. Didn't have to pay anything extra when i got it. The paint coats awesome and is easy to work with. I have never tried the duplicolor but i didn't feel like screwin around repainting them every year so i spent the extra and got the G2

I used the duplicolour and have never had to repaint them except when hubbie changed the brake pads and rotors I figured it was a good time to touch them up and wow they are so nice and shinny that paint no matter how crappy a painter you are dries smooth and dries super fast!

Comment

how long ago did you paint them before touching them up? and with what colour?

Comment

Originally posted by xlemosx
                        how long ago did you paint them before touching them up? and with what colour?
                        a couple of years - only touched them up as hubbie chipped some paint when he removed calipers to put on new brakes - otherwise they still looked great! The colour is red... bad pic as tires are filthy lol but here you go

found a cleaner pic

Comment

gonna pick up the duplicolor blue today after work and paint them hopefully tomorrow... my initial plan was to wash, and wax then paint the calipers, and remove resonator but so much rain coming up over here i don't see much point in washing it... probably still will i think my car is in desperate need of waxing... hopefully after this weekend i can get a progression thread up and actually have some progression lol

Comment

Originally posted by xlemosx
                            gonna pick up the duplicolor blue today after work and paint them hopefully tomorrow... my initial plan was to wash, and wax then paint the calipers, and remove resonator but so much rain coming up over here i don't see much point in washing it... probably still will i think my car is in desperate need of waxing... hopefully after this weekend i can get a progression thread up and actually have some progression lol
                            looking nice out there today - if the sun will stay

Comment

It was great out today. Washed the last remnants of the porcupine off the bottom of the car, washed the engine bay and the rest of the car. Washed my dad's car. Awesome!

sigpic
                              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

G2 all the way!
                                GMPP Cat-Back Exhaust, MMS Headers, 3" DP with Electric cutout, Full CRAB Intake, RacingLine Street Motor Mounts, NRG Engine Damper, RacingLine Strut Tower Bar, Vector 91 ECM/TCM Tune/HSRK, R1Concept Brakes, HAWK Ceramic Pads, DW's 245/45/18 with TC Wheels, Poly. Sway Bar Bushings, 6000K HID's Lows & Fogs 35watts & 55watts 6,000K Hi-beams

Future: Slicks for the track & Maybe alittle Nitrous

Comment

Working...
                                X