Tune/Tuner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tune/Tuner

when you order a tuner, do they like...preprogram the thing for your mods or is it totally on you to do stuff to it? Cuz i mean once i find someone who knows wtf they are doing to help me fine tune it great, but if theres like a canned base to start with that would be awesome. I mean i read that you have options of stock, and performance so does that mean it comes with a tune in it or something? when you order does it ask mods or something...wtf....

this is the one i was looking at..

http://marylandspeed.com/diablosport-pr ... p-643.html
    sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Re: Tune/Tuner

I can answer that! I'm buds with one of the Diablosport developers actually

You order it, it's a out of the box tune with some adjusted parameters.

What it does is read your original tune from the vehicle. (Around 32kb or something.. not much). The tune they have in it from the factory is applied. It only has the changed parametes saved.. which is only like 3-4kb.... so really not too much. They net 5-10hp maybe, but it's not for your vehicle at all. (For example when Chris makes his tunes for G6s, vehicles with Diablosport does not support, he customizes the tune for intakes, etc, and does different timing and stuff.

Now, enter custom tuning with Diablosport. One example... SLP sells their own custom tune files that you flash with a Predator/Trinity. These tune files are larger, 10kb or so so LOTS of changes, and are done to accomidate their header, exhaust, etc packages that they sell, "Bobcat 490" package etc. Now.. you can also get a custom tune done. Predator/Trinity have logging features. (Trinity MUCH MUCH easier to use).. where you record 8/9 different parameters, like the dashhawk can. You can log a steady cruise for 15-20 minutes... You then send this log file to someone that works with Diablosport tuners.. they look at it and modify it and send you back a new tune based on your vehicle. This log file in my case was like 20kb+ so MANY MANY changes from the stock tune... (differences from stock.. so 20/32 new timing and stuff). Then you do more logs with the revision... mainly WOT runs running through as many gears as you can to make sure the upperband is tuned properly. You log those.. they will do further revisions until it's right. In my case I had a total of 4 revisions till everything was spot on.. might do another now that it's warmer weather. Nice thing is when you get other mods, they can modifty it for you. However.. you're stuck when it comes to certain things, like CAMs and such where you MUST TUNE for before being able to even turn on... but suppose you could get a peliminary tune that would let you run it and log from them.
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Oh. And this is why I said get a '05+ The trinity is literally 100x easier to use than the Predators because of touchscreen interface, especially when driving, the large screen helps. It can also hold like dozens of tunes files and hours and hours of logs since it has 100+mb of space vs just a few mb on the Predators.

If you wanna know the guy that does mine let me know. He lives right here in town with mine. I'll have dyno sometime this summer too.
      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms

2005 CGM GTO.
      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
        I can answer that! I'm buds with one of the Diablosport developers actually

You order it, it's a out of the box tune with some adjusted parameters.

What it does is read your original tune from the vehicle. (Around 32kb or something.. not much). The tune they have in it from the factory is applied. It only has the changed parametes saved.. which is only like 3-4kb.... so really not too much. They net 5-10hp maybe, but it's not for your vehicle at all. (For example when Chris makes his tunes for G6s, vehicles with Diablosport does not support, he customizes the tune for intakes, etc, and does different timing and stuff.

Now, enter custom tuning with Diablosport. One example... SLP sells their own custom tune files that you flash with a Predator/Trinity. These tune files are larger, 10kb or so so LOTS of changes, and are done to accomidate their header, exhaust, etc packages that they sell, "Bobcat 490" package etc. Now.. you can also get a custom tune done. Predator/Trinity have logging features. (Trinity MUCH MUCH easier to use).. where you record 8/9 different parameters, like the dashhawk can. You can log a steady cruise for 15-20 minutes... You then send this log file to someone that works with Diablosport tuners.. they look at it and modify it and send you back a new tune based on your vehicle. This log file in my case was like 20kb+ so MANY MANY changes from the stock tune... (differences from stock.. so 20/32 new timing and stuff). Then you do more logs with the revision... mainly WOT runs running through as many gears as you can to make sure the upperband is tuned properly. You log those.. they will do further revisions until it's right. In my case I had a total of 4 revisions till everything was spot on.. might do another now that it's warmer weather. Nice thing is when you get other mods, they can modifty it for you. However.. you're stuck when it comes to certain things, like CAMs and such where you MUST TUNE for before being able to even turn on... but suppose you could get a peliminary tune that would let you run it and log from them.
        ok so i hook up the predator, drive around a bit. send it into diablo, they send me back a tuned file, i then retune the car, then do WOT runs, send those in, they tune again and send back, i flash again and its done and tuned? and they do all the for free once i buy the tuner?
        sigpic

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Comment

You got it a bit wrong

Diablosport just sells it with their packaged tune. It's out of their hands after that. There's a few guys that do tuning and such for vehicles, the guy I know has the software and stuff to modify the tune files and such, and sticks to and just does GM things.. theres some others on the DiabloSport forums that will do others as well.. they usually charge like $100 or so to do the tuning.

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

You got it a bit wrong

Diablosport just sells it with their packaged tune. It's out of their hands after that. There's a few guys that do tuning and such for vehicles, the guy I know has the software and stuff to modify the tune files and such, and sticks to and just does GM things.. theres some others on the DiabloSport forums that will do others as well.. they usually charge like $100 or so to do the tuning.
            so if i bought the tuner, id have to pay another 100 bucks just for someone to actually make it tuned to my car? and that would just be sending the tuner i just paid 400 bucks for, to some random dude who hopefully knows what hes doing? if thats correct then eff that with a 30 foot pole. ill dyno tune for less than that prolly.
            sigpic

Comment

dyno tune prolly around 500-600 bucks
              Mods: Intake resonator removed GTR Exhaust 30% Tint Front 15% Back Crab Intake WAMS 93 octane tune RLP street motor mounts, Debaged, Destriped, and Dashhawk. Infinity Kappa door speakers, Kicker cvx 12, Pioneer AVH-3200 BT Deck, Kicker 700.5 amp

Comment

Originally posted by stevey722
                Agreed. Dyno dunes run upwards of $100/hr with usually 2 hour min.

The guy I know does a good job. He's done 100's and 100's of GM LSx cars. He has a MonteSS LS4 too. ANd I know where he lives, about 2mi from me

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

Erik is friends with all the ballers SON.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                  TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                  Show
                  -20% tint
                  -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                  -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Originally posted by stevey722
                    Agreed. Dyno dunes run upwards of $100/hr with usually 2 hour min.

The guy I know does a good job. He's done 100's and 100's of GM LSx cars. He has a MonteSS LS4 too. ANd I know where he lives, about 2mi from me
                    well its what 394 for the tuner and 100 for someone to tune it after....sooooo equal price for a dyno tune??
                    sigpic

Comment

Pretty sure im going to have rpm tune mine

TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                      Show
                      -20% tint

Comment

Originally posted by leong6gtp
                        and ur able to go to their shop? are they located close to you or somethin?
                        sigpic

Comment

Is a dyno tune better than the other kinds of tunes? What are the pros and cons to each type?
                          sigpic
                          Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

Originally posted by thestig
                            Is a dyno tune better than the other kinds of tunes? What are the pros and cons to each type?
                            were talking GTO here. for the G6, i guess the mash up between chris whites tunes or a dyno tune idk who wins. but i had a tune from chris and it rocked.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP
                              Originally posted by leong6gtp
                              and ur able to go to their shop? are they located close to you or somethin?
                              Yeah they are right in DE, about an hour or so drive. I want a CAM BAD so i want to get a cam and then go have that shit tuned. I just need to get the funds.

Show
                              -20% tint

Comment

Working...
                              X