TSB on Extended Crank now available - #06-06-04-049

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSB on Extended Crank now available - #06-06-04-049

LX9 Engine Only, Intermittent Extended Crank Time on Hot Engine Restart, Starter Motor May Not Disengage After Engine Start (Reprogram PCM)

THANK YOU! This has been driving me crazy lately.
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe
    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Ugh, when does the 3.5 get it?
      Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

WOOT! Car's going to the dealership on Monday morning!

sigpic
        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by EmersonHart13
          That's what i'm saying!!!
          Originally posted by TLS2000
          It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

Originally posted by EmersonHart13
            Hope you were just kidding :P The LX9 engine is the 3.5L V6 used in the 2005-6 model years.

Comment

Why are all the GTP owners jumping for joy? DOH! Why do I believe them?

Comment

HaHa. I checked right after E2 posted, so i wouldn't make the same mistake. 3.9 guys are so used to being all that, that they always think everythings bout them.
                G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Well I was needing to visit the dealer anyway so I will be making an appointment ASAP!

Comment

LX9, LZ9.. you say tomato, i say tomatoe?!

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

An update for similar complaint on 3.9L (LZ9) was available months ago. That TSB was #05-06-04-076B.

This 3.5L (LX9) TSB just came out last week - I had been watching out for it.

There is a note that this 3.5L TSB is only applicable to vehicles with a Delphi EGR valve, supposedly if you have the Siemens brand EGR your vehicle already has latest calibration. I think the Delphi EGR has a wiring connector which is vertical and the Siemens is horizontal. I have no idea if the EGR has anything to do with the issue - might just be a way they are distinguishing calibrations.

This TSB is pretty new so expect that you already know more about it than your dealer :P

Comment

Wow.. I feel stupid.. haha.. I SWEAR I read LZ9.

sigpic
                        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

need it for the 4cyl as well.. its getting worse and worse. Dealership keeps telling me there is nothing wrong and its normal.. im like the hell is isnt normal.

then now since its getting colder I noticed if I drive a while stop kill the engine, it starts weird then run on low performance, cant go faster than 30mph, and it sounds like its running on 2 cyls. Dealership told me Ive been getting bad gas. So to prove them wrong ive been getting gas at different stations.

I dunno what else to do. My dad said it sounds like something is getting stuck and not reseting to its normal start up position.

Comment

does this applies to the ecotec engines as well??

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

Can't wait to have a free day to take my car to the dealership, HATE when it happens and everyone looks over like I'm a dumbass who doesn't know how to start a car
                              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
                              X